Video: Popular British YouTuber in Thailand diagnosed with cancer but has no insurance

webfact

20 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

Yes, if u have been away for over 6 months u can have emergency treatment only. So dont tell them u have been away when they ask. Just give them an address. There r other criteria such as having your own home in the UK which override this but I doubt he has this.

You do not have to own your own home in the UK to be entitled to NHS.

Get the facts right...easy to do...just look on UK Gov website.

9 hours ago, robblok said:

He says he can pay for it but still puts up a gofundme. 

Just curious why does he not go back for free treatment ?

But he didn`t put up a go fund me, in fact he took full responsibility for his silly mistake. He has also brought out a video explaining the pros and cons of returning home for treatment.

Edited by Jim P
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nsp64 said:

But if he goes home he won't be the legend in his own lunch time that he thinks he is now. 

He's got it firmly in his thick little mind that he is a celebrity in thailand.

Got cancer, so let's call the news papers?

I still do not get it. Don't you have to be alive and healthy to continue to be a legend? I am sure he could find a flight back over on one of these thimgs called airplanes. It is not like he would be stuck there for life... unless I am missing something. 

21 minutes ago, Jim P said:

But he didn`t put up a go fund me, in fact he took full responsibility for his silly mistake. He has also brought out a video explaining the pros and cons of returning home for treatment.

I did not watch.... but i can sum it up for myself:

pros of treatment at home - greater chance of living.

Ok, end of summation, no more data points necessary. 

I am being fully genuine now: do people really debate this type of thing?!

Edited by direction BANGKOK

Sir, i have a question.
Why are people still in love with this useless, proven to be totally inefficient chemo??????????????????????????
It reminds me of this doctor, that was actually fired from a well known hospital, because someone AGAIN died from this stone age therapy and he asked his superior: why do we write on the death certificate, died of cancer? He didnt die of cancer. He died from radiation!
He was asked to keep quiet. He didnt. He doesnt work there anymore.
It is a fact, that this therapy is successful at about 2 percent of the time. Got it? Two percent. That means, you have a 98 percent chance of going to the cemetary.
I remember this woman, i know her personally, she is an attorney in the States. Eventually her stressful career caught up with her and got cancer. But she was intelligent and instead of murder therapy, she went to India to see some yogis. I am saying yogis because nobody understands the human body, the way a yogi does. In three weeks she was cured. No cancer. I know people, that went to Isha foundation when ill(instead of therapies) and today they are perfectly healthy.
I am not writing this to TV members, because they are kinda backward, but rather the man, if he ever comes across it. Why not just go to Isha(non profit), they receive you for free, feed you(not with croissant etc)but fruits vegetables etc, you know actual food. And have actual solutions for the issue at hand. Then when cured, you can just donate whatever amount you wish as a thank you.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, KhaoTan said:

Probably HPV cancer, afflicts a lot of men, passed through oral sex with a female partner who has the virus.   My brother got it but survived due to radiation and chemo.  Michael Douglas Oral sex cancer

My good friend died of it.

Funny , no funding or even much talk of it around the world , while Breast Cancer is the new funding machine in cancer awareness ... we men really have lost the plot when it comes to looking after ourselves...

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Jim P said:

Link please...

3 minutes ago, zaZa9 said:

Link please...

Just go on YouTube and look up Kev in Thailand, his latest two videos, actually some one has posted the video above.

Edited by Jim P
  • Like 1

I'm 35 and I had pancreatitis that landed me in the hospital for a while.  Luckily I was back in the states and have free healthcare through the VA but your "age" doesn't stop medical problems.  Especially at 58...

Regardless of how one might feel about Kevin Burt’s situation, he made the decision to put off obtaining insurance until he reached the age of 60.  He took a calculated risk, thinking everything would be just fine.  Now he knows his calculations were off.  If nothing else, his situation will hopefully serve as a lesson to others in terms of what risks not to take with health care.  I pay for health insurance here in the US and will be purchasing health insurance for Thailand.  What suggestions might anybody have for health insurance coverage in Thailand?

• Like 2

UPDATE:

Pattaya YouTuber with cancer: Thanks Go Fund Me appeals, says he's cutting down cigarettes and putting off marriage

The Pattaya based expat who warned people to take out travel insurance has thanked two separate people for starting Go Fund Me appeals for his treatment.

Full Story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1088904-pattaya-youtuber-with-cancer-thanks-go-fund-me-appeals-says-hes-cutting-down-cigarettes-and-putting-off-marriage/

When he opened the window I saw him already jumping. 

He needs a lot of therapies I think.... And a good dentist and logopedic training. 

Can't imagine who might listen to this accent. 

I reckon he needs some creme to fix his dentures. 

I have seen one friend go through chemo and radiation, its rough. This guy seems alright, a bit hard to understand because of his cockney accent but he's got a fight on his hands no doubt. I always thought he looked like he was more in his 70's than 59? This has to be a typo. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Why should British taxpayers fund him?

Because he has no doubt paid tax and NHS contributions all his life unlike a lot of others who come to the UK and have never contributed anything. He made his own choice not to come back to the UK and therefore to pay for private care as he explains in his latest video. He hasn`t asked for anything and accepts that he made a big mistake in not getting insurance. Of course getting insurance in the future will probably now be almost impossible or unaffordable I would guess. It`s a wake up call to all those winging it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, AlexRich said:

I don't think Kev does anyone any harm. As for the defamation claim (made by another poster) I know of one comment he made about the wife of a disgusting human being ... a man who pollutes You Tube with crap videos. Hardly a major crime on Kev's part. The idiot in question pretended to be "defamed" in order to get Kev into trouble with the authorities ... yet the same cretin does worse

The defamation case was not related to the vlogger you are referring to. It concerned 2 women who he filmed having an argument outside a bar in Pattaya. I believe that he paid them both compensation, after it went to court. He also stopped making videos about girly bars in Pattaya at the same time. Some have suggested that the 2 were related.

The worst video he made was when he filmed 2 girls outside a salon, preening each other's hair. He likened them to monkeys. I seem to remember that he also likened the vlogger in question's wife to a monkey too. He's a real piece of work who has no respect for women, particularly Thai women.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Spidey said:

The defamation case was not related to the vlogger you are referring to. It concerned 2 women who he filmed having an argument outside a bar in Pattaya. I believe that he paid them both compensation, after it went to court. He also stopped making videos about girly bars in Pattaya at the same time. Some have suggested that the 2 were related.

The worst video he made was when he filmed 2 girls outside a salon, preening each other's hair. He likened them to monkeys. I seem to remember that he also likened the vlogger in question's wife to a monkey too. He's a real piece of work who has no respect for women, particularly Thai women.

Is that it? Seriously? He filmed two women arguing and likened the actions of another two to primates that preen in the wild, which is obviously a joke.

And that amounts to having no respect for women? 

If you dont like Kev personally, that’s fine, but don’t try to blacken his character over actions that are pretty harmless. If you have evidence of him beating up women, robbing them or sexually assaulting them come back to us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Is that it? Seriously? He filmed two women arguing and likened the actions of another two to primates that preen in the wild, which is obviously a joke.

And that amounts to having no respect for women? 

If you dont like Kev personally, that’s fine, but don’t try to blacken his character over actions that are pretty harmless. If you have evidence of him beating up women, robbing them or sexually assaulting them come back to us.

Obviously there was much more to the defamation case than was revealed. Burt has never spoken about the detail.

If you think that likening Thai women to monkeys (on more than one occasion) is a joke, crack on. Not surprised that you're one of his fan boys.

Do I know him? I see him in local bars/restaurants pretty regularly and he lives on the same estate as me, but I have no desire to speak to him.

Edited by Spidey
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, robblok said:

He says he can pay for it but still puts up a gofundme. 

Just curious why does he not go back for free treatment ?

i agree with you why does he not go home ? dont suppose he needs to with all the good hearted people paying on his go fund me page, get treated in the sun shine.

16 hours ago, Nsp64 said:

This guy is a constant beggar. 

On his site he asks for donations to his channel under the a/c name. buykevabeer. 

I believe you.

Question is why doesn't this duffus go to the navy hospital in Sattahip? Excellent doctors, excellent private rooms and, even if falang prices, excellent price.

I get treated there all the time. Maybe his arse is made of gold and he needs golden treatment.....

• Like 2