BANGKOK 22 May 2019 21:35
webfact

Video: Popular British YouTuber in Thailand diagnosed with cancer but has no insurance

21 minutes ago, Spidey said:

So, he returns to the UK, rents a room and registers with a GP. Simples!

One of my wife's tenants who resided in Thailand for many years returned to the UK last year and was provided with emergency accommodation followed by immediate medication and consultation for a heart condition. I believe his return to resident status was sorted quite quickly. He had bypass surgery in January of this year and is currently living in a warden controlled accommodation under Worcester council.

Latest Email suggests a return to Thailand later this year.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Jim P said:

Yes he sold his graphics business and lives from the capital, not the same as a pension is it. I doubt that property is worth anymore than 50k, its a tiny one bed flat. End of the day if you watch the videos it`s all explained, he knows he has made a bad and costly mistake and despite what`s being said here he hasn`t asked for any funding. 

If it's only 50k I might be interested, is there a link to it on sale do you know?

2 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

If it's only 50k I might be interested, is there a link to it on sale do you know?

Check out his videos, it`s on there somewhere

I always thought chemo came after surgery or radiation treatment.? I would never have anything serious done here without a 2nd opinion and never see a consultant who had not worked or has been trained in the west. Recently thinking of insurance had to get a check up done, there were several bad results which would have led to pre existing conditions and no cover, so I did not take out the insurance. Going home a few weeks later had all the tests done again, absolutely nothing wrong at all!

1 minute ago, Orton Rd said:

I always thought chemo came after surgery or radiation treatment.? I would never have anything serious done here without a 2nd opinion and never see a consultant who had not worked or has been trained in the west. Recently thinking of insurance had to get a check up done, there were several bad results which would have led to pre existing conditions and no cover, so I did not take out the insurance. Going home a few weeks later had all the tests done again, absolutely nothing wrong at all!

You thought wrong. Chemo/radiotherapy is often used to de-bulk tumors prior to surgery. 

If you are so insistent on 2nd opinions/western trained medical staff make sure you never suffer a serious accident or illness which requires instant urgent treatment.

3 minutes ago, berybert said:

How do you know he hasn't asked for any funding ? you think he didn't call Rob and asked him to start a go fund me account ? 

I wouldn't believe either of those two 1 iota. 

He does nothing for nothing. 

Why would he be posting videos of himself in hospital if he didn't want anyone to know he was in there.

It's not like he's going to be in long, so no need to post about it unless he wanted people feeling sorry for him and sending him money.

So you know he has asked for funding? Funny that because his videos clearly explain that he can afford it and therefore has funded it himself, some people seem to take issue with that fact.

14 minutes ago, Jim P said:

Check out his videos, it`s on there somewhere

vlog 291, I thought it was a house. Only 40k and the cheapest in the area. Thought it would have gone by now looks a very nice area, better than Pattaya any day.

1 minute ago, Orton Rd said:

vlog 291, I thought it was a house. Only 40k and the cheapest in the area. Thought it would have gone by now looks a very nice area, better than Pattaya any day.

You may have thought it was a house and that he also had a brand new Ford Ranger if you listen to the likes of Spidey on here. I saw another post saying it was worth 160,000 euros lol.

38 minutes ago, Captain 776 said:

I am not being a cold hearted bastid or winding anyone up.

Best thing to do when diagnosed with Cancer.

Embrace it.......enjoy every day you have left.

I will never elect Radiation or Chemo.......everyone I know who tried it, end up losing the battle anyway, especially Chemo.

All chemo gets you is a significant medical cost, you are sick and throwing up every day after treatment and at best you get 2-3 months of a TERRIBLE quality of life.

Why would anyone elect that sentence of suffering.

Do whatever makes you the happiest and when it disables you, have them load you with Morphine........give the facility a DNR Do Not Rescesitate order and check out with dignity.

Your thought?

My thought is that you shouldn't spread misinformation that could be possibly fatal to people actually afflicted with cancer. It's absolutely your choice if you don't want to turn to chemo, but don't claim that it "at best will give you three months" when that's obviously not true.

• Like 1

I have found this information from the goverment website, it would appear what you are saying is not entirely correct.N Health care is based on you being an ordinary resident, and you can be classed as an ordinary resident from day one of your arrival back to the UK, just as long you can convince them that you are back to stay.
Please let me know what you think as I think it is a handy bit of info to know.

Ordinary residence tool
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/.../Ordinary_residence_tool.pdf

Screenshot_2019-03-11-15-46-33-409.thumb.jpeg.484d955db151ecf365bea67045773207.jpeg
All you have to say is you have been traveling if they ask. Another point is if you visit your local GP once every two years or so that makes it easier for you regarding your UK status.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

why is this even news? This dude a shareholder in this website?

I never real knew about Cemo until a friend developed a very agressive Prostate Cancer.

Cemo was his last resort and it was terrible what it did to him.

Shortly before the end a group of us met up in a local restaurant where we well know.

A,B and C where seated when X joined us.

The owner came over welcomed A,B and C and leaning across X asked where is X ?

I said at the time if I ever need Cemo I

I"ll get a gun and shoot myself.

john

Good luck to anyone who goes down that route.

Honestly speaking: I have had no doubt supportinh Kevin If He was out of money. We all Can do mistakes, Thats human.

Now I see all the Vloggers in Thailand linking and talking about the GFM campain for Kevin. Begging for more and more.

Kevin is fulloaded of money. There are so many out there in Thailand Who really  need funding health care and surgery. They have Nothing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jim P said:

Your talking rubbish, he doesn`t have a pension, his truck is second hand and his property in Spain is worth probably 50k Euros at best, in fact he can`t even sell it.

Kev lover.

So how much have you donated