BANGKOK 19 May 2019 23:25
webfact

Video: Popular British YouTuber in Thailand diagnosed with cancer but has no insurance

Posted (edited)
On 3/12/2019 at 10:35 AM, Kieran00001 said:

"Its all a scam. People who pay taxes here and social fund for Thai employees Like I do should be entitled to the social care system but I’m not allowed to join it."

If you are either an employer or an employee here, joining is not optional, not only are your allowed to join but it is mandatory to contribute 1.5% of your earnings, and as soon as you have paid in for 90 days you are entitled to free treatment at at least one  government hospital per province.

I wish you were right but you’re not.

Directors are not allowed to join the social fund and must buy private insurance.

i own the business and I’m a director 

if I’m wrong please let me know as I would be overjoyed..

..although I’ve always been informed otherwise. A Thai friend who is also a director of their Own company says the same thing

Edited by NightSky
  • Like 1

On 3/12/2019 at 8:47 PM, emptypockets said:

If it's a scam don't buy it.  Simple

What are the options when you become ill if you donot buy insurance and you are not allowed to get social security due to being a director of a business?

23 hours ago, balo said:

Don't know about Britain , but in Norway anyone can get emergency help , even tourists visiting. 

So if I have to return back to Norway because of sudden illness I know I will get help. Paid by the state, even if I have not set my foot in the country for 10 years. 

A bit unfair maybe,  but that's the law. 

Great

so when sick we can all fly to Norway for a treatment holiday then? 😬

9 hours ago, Peterhua said:

I still can't work out why he wont or is it can't go back home for his treatment and instead chooses to spend 25 grand+ on treatment here. Could it be that there are "difficulties" that are best avoided if he lands at Heathrow?

Yes let's speculate endlessly - Kev is probably the mastermind of an international child-trafficking narco-terrorist ring hiding behind the thin veil of a hard-up Brit You Tuber. But you with your low post account have seen through his knavish tricks and shed light on this grave matter. I hope you had your kicks back last year on the burn Graham lynch mob that got foaming here. Stamping out evil post by anonymous post. Keep up the great work - the world needs more like you. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, blowin said:

I asked this question from the start but I knew he would look for money from people he could not pass the chance.

If he went to the UK no one would give one red cent about him or really care. But in Thailand he can grow his channel using his illness he can crowd fund its all about money with Kevin (buy me a drink) Burt and yes he has plenty of his own personal wealth as in property a new truck and pensions. But he will use this to get the gullible to give MORE he is the worst kind I believe .

A truly evil character IN ALL RESPECTS thanks for giving me the heads up on such scandalous behaviour. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Greenriver said:

Honestly speaking: I have had no doubt supportinh Kevin If He was out of money. We all Can do mistakes, Thats human.

Now I see all the Vloggers in Thailand linking and talking about the GFM campain for Kevin. Begging for more and more.

Kevin is fulloaded of money. There are so many out there in Thailand Who really  need funding health care and surgery. They have Nothing.

Thanks 4 poster for your views - when is the lynching happening so we can hit the corpse with shoes hanging from the tree.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nsp64 said:

Kev lover.

So how much have you donated 

I think your missing the point, which is that Kev has chosen to pay for his own treatment, he didn`t set up a go fund me page and he himself chose not to come back to the UK. People seem to be taking issue with all those facts and coming to ridiculous conclusions, It`s all in the videos.

• Like 1

One thing that needs to be taken in to consideration is that Kev comes from the UK where there is a national health service, ie, no need to pay when you are sick.  Thus Brits, and people from other civilized countries, might have a dull spot regarding health insurance.  But equally, they might want to club together when someone else is in trouble- silly duffer that I am- I thought that was a good thing!  I bet it's a damn sight better value than health insurance anyway!

Smokers are mugs I guess, but it's just one way people can and do ruin their health- perhaps the worst is over-eating.  I'd like to know the relative cost of treatment to society for diabetes 2 vs smoking.  Nobody else comes in for such vilification.

• Like 2

Correct , and be  on  a loong waiting list ..

In   thailand he is a  media celeb ,  and sponsored ,  

Better life until,,,

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 8:34 PM, AlexRich said:

I believe it is six months, but I’m not 100% sure on that.

Its only 12 weeks before you lose your NHS entitlement my GP told me (as I pointed out to him that means every round the world cruiser should be struck off!) however when returning you only have to state you are returning to live (I don't know what proof that entails) and you are back on the gravy train - though why anyone holds the basketcase NHS in such high esteem is a tad baffling.

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 8:43 PM, Teee said:

Take note...The Tax you pay in UK on your earnings does not pay for your healthcare.

National Insurance Contributions pay for NHS and your State Pension.

To enable a FULL State Pension you have to be contributing for xxx number of years.

Any years missed you can make a payment.

If you have made Contributions then you are entitled to NHS.

The rules slightly changed 2 years ago that you have to be registered with a Dr. As i have already said...Drs do not write to you asking you to confirm if you still want to stay registered with them.

Therefore even if someone has lived in another country for xx years they should still have a Dr.

That is so wrong - my Doctor struck me off when 'he heard' I was coming to Thailand - when I asked him how he even knew he told me he was not at liberty to tell me. To this day I have no idea how he knew only the airline I was flying with was aware. I hadn't even left the UK and they removed me.

This is fact - If you leave the UK for over 12 weeks you are NOT entitled to NHS care on your return totally regardless of your NI contributions.

If the NHS KNOWS you have left the UK for more than 12 weeks then trust me, you DO NOT have a UK doctor, 100% fact. That's why its best to keep roots to the UK if it matters to you in the form of an address.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Benroon said:

That is so wrong - my Doctor struck me off when 'he heard' I was coming to Thailand - when I asked him how he even knew he told me he was not at liberty to tell me. To this day I have no idea how he knew only the airline I was flying with was aware. I hadn't even left the UK and they removed me.

This is fact - If you leave the UK for over 12 weeks you are NOT entitled to NHS care on your return totally regardless of your NI contributions.

If the NHS KNOWS you have left the UK for more than 12 weeks then trust me, you DO NOT have a UK doctor, 100% fact. That's why its best to keep roots to the UK if it matters to you in the form of an address.

An individual practice can remove you from their register even if you move to another house outside their area- it could be a matter of one mile.

Certainly the general rule was that you could spend 6 months outside the country in any year. 

But anyone regardless of status is entitled to emergency care.

And anyone returning to the country from abroad is immediately entitled to NHS care which includes registering with a new doctor.

https://www.ageuk.org.uk/globalassets/age-uk/documents/factsheets/fs25_returning_from_abroad_fcs.pdf

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

"There is no treatment for dengue"  "What you received was treatment..."

Of course there is treatment for dengue, that's why nowhere near as many die when administered to hospital than when left at home, because of the treatment they receive in hospital, what there is not is a cure, the treatment consists largely of paracetamol to contain the fever.

I say again there is no treatment for dengue. For related symptoms yes... But not for the primary infection.  Nothing... Zilch.. Bugger all  

26 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

An individual practice can remove you from their register even if you move to another house outside their area- it could be a matter of one mile.

Certainly the general rule was that you could spend 6 months outside the country in any year. 

But anyone regardless of status is entitled to emergency care.

And anyone returning to the country from abroad is immediately entitled to NHS care which includes registering with a new doctor.

https://www.ageuk.org.uk/globalassets/age-uk/documents/factsheets/fs25_returning_from_abroad_fcs.pdf

Its 12 weeks ! My own GP told me that in the last year.

Sadly that link doesn't open for me however the preceding comment is nonsense. You will PAY for NHS treatment if you have been a non resident UNLESS you can PROVE you are as of that moment going to be resident in the UK. You selectively cut that bit off of your final comment. How you go about that I don't know and perhaps doesn't sound so forboding but you do have to go through those hoops.

The government even set up a chasing debtors department to collect the funds from health tourists (which I think was then quietly disbanded as everyone from Nigeria just told them to <deleted> off)

It would be great if you were right - but you're not (strictly).

6 minutes ago, Benroon said:

You will PAY for NHS treatment if you have been a non resident UNLESS you can PROVE you are as of that moment going to be resident in the UK. You selectively cut that bit off of your final comment. How you go about that I don't know and perhaps doesn't sound so forboding but you do have to go through those hoops.

It would be great if you were right - but you're not (strictly).

Correct, if you go back you need to be in the UK for 3 months before trying to get treatment.

• Like 1