Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

Video: Popular British YouTuber in Thailand diagnosed with cancer but has no insurance

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

 

It took a while but I found it, there is an exemption from the scheme for "newly applying company directors", but that does not mean that you cannot join, just that you do not have to join within 30 days of starting work like everyone else has to.  However, it also says, "Any other person who is not an employee under Section 33 may apply to be an insured person under this Act by expressing his or her intention to the Office."

Hmm, thanks.

 

Maybe the clause is by 'expressing intention to the office' however from what I read (on ThaiVisa quite a few years ago) about others who have asked to join the scheme in the past this is usually always declined 

 

I also have been informed by 2 separate Thai accountants this is not possible and also by Thai company directors who themselves are not able to register (including a friend with their own company and the Thai national accountants themselves who own their own businesses).

 

I will however look into this further though I have asked accountants and Thai directors many times and they always tell me its not possible 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, balo said:

I think you should read the whole thread first.  

His friend set up the go fund me page, a well known scammer living in Phuket. He is not stupid, better to let a friend handle the donations. Then they can share the profit. 

 

 

I have read the whole thread and you are clearly clueless, gullible or both as it`s full of mis-information perpetrated by the likes of yourself

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

 

It took a while but I found it, there is an exemption from the scheme for "newly applying company directors", but that does not mean that you cannot join, just that you do not have to join within 30 days of starting work like everyone else has to.  However, it also says, "Any other person who is not an employee under Section 33 may apply to be an insured person under this Act by expressing his or her intention to the Office."

Ok, I found the phrase also under section 40 of the social security act. So I just approached my accountant with this info again, looking into it with possibility of 'applying to pay the fund yourself'..

 

I think that sometimes its easier for some people to say a flat out 'no' rather than be bothered to look into 'clauses' or 'exceptions' for a foreigner so thanks I will pursue it and see what happens.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

seems the go fund me has gone, no mention of it now on Robs channel, maybe he's cashed it in for the weekend?

Oh t's still there if you do a search, almost up to $5000, some people have more money than they need obviously

Edited by Orton Rd
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

seems the go fund me has gone, no mention of it now on Robs channel, maybe he's cashed it in for the weekend?

Oh t's still there if you do a search, almost up to $5000, some people have more money than they need obviously

Still going strong and should reach the targrt soon.....Go Kev Go. all the best  :)    

 

https://www.gofundme.com/help-kev-in-thailand-beat-cancer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jim P said:

From today's BBC News headline page. As he said in his vlogs, potential delays if he went home, if he can afford it why not pay, why is it even an issue?

 

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-47528886

And more nonsense. As a cancer sufferer, he would be treated immediately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

And more nonsense. As a cancer sufferer, he would be treated immediately.

Maybe you can`t read or just don`t understand. Looks like he was right not to come home and face potential delays if he could afford private treatment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

 

You realize your "news" is actually from 2008?

No I didn't.  I checked the date on top of the Daily Mail page and it read today's date.  Thank goodness for that!

 

How could you tell?

Edited by mommysboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

No I didn't.  I checked the date on top of the Daily Mail page and it read today's date.  Thank goodness for that!

 

How could you tell?

 

If you enter inurl: before a www address of an article it often tells you the date it was published or if not then try adding &as_qdr=y15 to the end.

Edited by Kieran00001
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

when it gets to $5000 will they put it up to $10000? seems to be a common progression. It will be interesting to see how it all works out

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

 

If you enter inurl: before a www address of an article it often tells you the date it was published or if not then try adding &as_qdr=y15 to the end.

Cheers! Thanks for your tip. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...