Video: Popular British YouTuber in Thailand diagnosed with cancer but has no insurance

webfact

16 minutes ago, Thongkorn said:

What you implying about Thai Hospitals, they found my Leukemia in about 7 hours, And it was government Hospital that diagnosed it, after a private Hospital failed 

I don't trust the private hospitals to not milk it and government hospitals may not have enough funding

On 11/3/2019 at 1:30 PM, Orton Rd said:

But he was treated straight away here, back home he would have waited for weeks if not months. I agree I would be on the next plane home as well.

After paying for a Private Bangkok Hospital to find what was wrong with me, After feeling unwell for a few weeks, They Took blood and diagnosed that I did not have Dengue or Malaria, That took Four hours,  A few days later My Wife took me to a Government hospital which was the nearest to Our house in Samut Prakan, It was 2am and i was delirious,  She phoned a taxi to come take me to Hospital, I was that bad the Taxi Driver said he would not take me as he did not want me to die in his taxi,  (Superstitiouse Thai thing). The Thai Mother in law laced into him and he relented and took me to Hospital . I was Immediately wheeled into the trauma room, Three Doctors took care of me i was injected and put on a drip, I passed out and came around about 09 15, A Thai lady doctor came in and asked how i was feeling, She said that she wanted to keep me in for tests as  She said they think i have leukemia, It never sunk in, I said give me a week to think about it, her reply was you will not be here in a week, That stunned me , i said whats my best options, she said you are English get on a plane and go home, She wrote me a letter for the Airline to say i was fit to travel; because i was jaundice, Yellow, I offered to pay but she would have none of it, The wife and i went back to our house packed and was at the Airport within  an hour,  I landed in the UK at Manchester , the plan was if i was still bad to go straight to Hospital, I felt ok and got back to our home town, I dropped my Case off at my house and went straight to Hospital, I walked in and told the receptionist i need to see a doctor, i was in a Hospital ward  and receiving treatment within minutes , They took care of me for two weeks in a NHS hospital.  I know its a long story but just wanted to kill a few myths, Dont knock Thai Hospitals there are good and bad in every Country, Also the NHS will treat you at point of Entry if you are in Need of immediate care, This business of having to wait weeks is not true, If you need care you get it. If its not life threatening you have to wait, Hope i have not bored anyone, all can be verified if people think this is a Troll post.  Technical diagnose name, B-Cell Lymphocytosis. for my condition,

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Thongkorn said:

The wife and i went back to our house packed and was at the Airport within  an hour,  I landed in the UK at Manchester , the plan was if i was still bad to go straight to Hospital, I felt ok and got back to our home town, I dropped my Case off at my house and went straight to Hospital, I walked in and told the receptionist i need to see a doctor, i was in a Hospital ward  and receiving treatment within minutes , They took care of me for two weeks in a NHS hospital.  I know its a long story but just wanted to kill a few myths, Dont knock Thai Hospitals there are good and bad in every Country, Also the NHS will treat you at point of Entry if you are in Need of immediate care, This business of having to wait weeks is not true, If you need care you get it. If its not life threatening you have to wait, Hope i have not bored anyone, all can be verified if people think this is a Troll post.  Technical diagnose name, B-Cell Lymphocytosis. for my condition,

Similar story with the guy I helped back to the UK. Had been out of the country 12 years so no GP etc.   Arrived in UK on a Thursday. Took him to A&E Friday morning and he was admitted and on a ward within a couple of hours. If its serious the NHS is very quick. 

hospitals are only dealing with covid so he has little chance of any quick service ,first he will need to see a GP to get a referal to see an expert doc..but many with other health probs are on the back burner for service