Video: Popular British YouTuber in Thailand diagnosed with cancer but has no insurance

webfact

11 minutes ago, kiniyow said:

BPH is Pay first...After that money is depleted Pay again repeat as needed

That is the trouble with private insurance, pay up first and then bill it to the insurance and wait 4 months before they pay up.

Who cares a jot. This guy is a prat. Im a cockney and he is putting on accent.

Never been interested in his yt...i have better things in life to do.

As for go fund me...he can go home and NHS will sort him out. Even thou he appears to have lived in Thailand chasing young girls for many years.

There is a word for that but i wont use on here as would upset 99% of people that live in Thailand for same reasons.

I will be honest...i lived overall 12 months in the last 2 years in Bkk...cant think of a more boring place to live...maybe as i have a gf who is not Thai...i did not need to go chase bargirls.

Im back in UK and my gf will be coming to live here with me once as her contract is finished in Bkk.

As for the weather...and pollution in Bkk...100% rather live the 4 seasons here...nice to feel the cold air and await the spring and summer.

I keep reading the forums when i can...almost all of you on here are moaners.

Dont like Thailand? Then go somewhere else...STOP THE MOANING

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, randy723 said:

instead of trying to have a go fund why in the hell don't you go back home where you can get FREE medical and instead of trying to pull a con job on everyone

He can't get free medical "back home". Not unless he moves back to reside in the UK.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

That is the trouble with private insurance, pay up first and then bill it to the insurance and wait 4 months before they pay up.

I forgot my insurance card when I had a small operation on my foot last December. Filled in the form, copy of the bill and medical certificate and voila, reimbursed by cheque in about 10 days!

• Like 1

Probably HPV cancer, afflicts a lot of men, passed through oral sex with a female partner who has the virus.   My brother got it but survived due to radiation and chemo.  Michael Douglas Oral sex cancer

Too late for me. Been munching since 15 years of age. Father got it also. Radiation therapy no fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Sad 1

Just now, Orton Rd said:

Does not seem to sink in no matter how many times it's said

It's probably because so many comments on various media about "Britain's free health service and foreigners abusing it". That presents a false impression.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

I doubt the UK provided him with diddly squat. He probably worked his bllocks off like the rest of us; got screwed paying tax and NHI for years, and now will find the UK not the least bit interested.

The "free" schools, education, NHS - do you really think it's all free?

Or went straight from the dole to one of the many and various pensions available these days.  I really don't know..... Or care 

2 hours ago, shackleton said:

I have been with this company over 20 years as with out it I could not afford to pay the cost of my Cancer treatment 

You may have missed the point.  ..."with out it I could not afford to pay the cost of my Cancer treatment" - at Bumrungrad I believe you said - A high priced private hospital.  Now had you received treatment at a government hospital, I contend you could have afforded the treatments out of pocket.  That is the recourse of those without premium insurance coverage as you had.  But- for whatever reason - those who have the coverage seem to always laud the fact.  Why?  Often we criticizes Thais for 'one-upping' there fellow citizens in a "I'm better off than you, so I'm better than you' sort of way.  That's all.  Why compared yourself to those who don't have what you have.  Again, "There but for the grace of God go I."  That keeps me humble, personally.  I have insurance and enough money to cover my expenses.  But I also am very aware that the wind of fate are fickle - one day you have; the next day you don't.  Things happen.  The day the tides of fortune turn against you - then what?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, connda said:

You may have missed the point.  ..."with out it I could not afford to pay the cost of my Cancer treatment" - at Bumrungrad I believe you said - A high priced private hospital.  Now had you received treatment at a government hospital, I contend you could have afforded the treatments out of pocket.  That is the recourse of those without premium insurance coverage as you had.  But- for whatever reason - those who have the coverage seem to always laud the fact.  Why?  Often we criticizes Thais for 'one-upping' there fellow citizens in a "I'm better off than you, so I'm better than you' sort of way.  That's all.  Why compared yourself to those who don't have what you have.  Again, "There but for the grace of God go I."  That keeps me humble, personally.  I have insurance and enough money to cover my expenses.  But I also am very aware that the wind of fate are fickle - one day you have; the next day you don't.  Things happen.  The day the tides of fortune turn against you - then what?

Then you die 

4 hours ago, robblok said:

He says he can pay for it but still puts up a gofundme. 

Just curious why does he not go back for free treatment ?

He was asked that question but refrained from answering.

Cancer is awful, Kev hope you feel better after treatment and are  not in too much pain.

My advice would be ,if your ok to travel get back to the Uk asap and get treatment before you get too ill to travel.

Best wishes mate.

• Thanks 1

If I was in Kevs position would of got a flight home to the UK. All treatment would be free and he has been a tax payer in the UK so no problems. Kev would of saved over a million baht but it's his own wish to pay for his treatment in Thailand where they will milk him of every baht they can. Kevs not short of money and think he still has his scrap yard in the UK he owns. Its Kevs life so as they say in Thailand UP TO YOU. I wish Kev all the best with his health issue and hope now he will stop smoking. 

9 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

I heard the same comments about the guy in Chiang Rai over a year ago. A con man, nothing wrong with him, just trying to raise money for himself ... he died on the operating theatre table? 

Do you think Kev got a film crew in to stage a hospital scene? You maybe wrong? But with 28 years experience how could you possibly be wrong? 

Grahame Briar died a couple of days after his operation. Now he was begging for money, a month after going in telling immigration he had 800k in the bank. Of course he did not and depended on lying about his income to the embassy. At least Kev is not asking for large sums and pretending to be potless, the idea he rented out a hotel room for a scam video is ridiculous.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Runamile said:

Why do Brits and others not "Get It". Entitlement to NHS services are based on residence not contributions. If you are out of the country for more than 2 years you lose any entitlement, unless you were overseas working for a British company. I have heard of a generous interpretation of that last point being made. I have heard of generous interpretations being made by other agencies, then a return being made to NHS. Mostly, though it's simple. You have been out of UK for 2 or more years. The NHS show you the door. You aren't and haven't been permanently resident. I fail to see what is so hard to understand, but think that most people just run their lives around the mythologies perpetrated say here. That is very dangerous when it come's to your health. Research it.

I have been out of the UK for much more than 2 years. I get my quarterly repeat prescription, from my GP, posted out to me. I return once per year for my annual check up.

What the NHS doesn't know doesn't hurt them. If I was in Burt's shoes, I'd be on the next plane back to the UK.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:

No but they will bill him for it, you have to be a permanent resident in the UK for free treatment........or a refugee.

My thought is, "so what". Bill me anything you want. Or you could get lucky and talk to the right people and get it for free. Whatever the case, he needs to have this stuff done at home I would advise anyway. Costs are unimportant at this point in my opinion, your actual life would have to take priority. I can't believe i am the only one who feels this way?