Video: Popular British YouTuber in Thailand diagnosed with cancer but has no insurance

webfact

3 hours ago, CGW said:

Which once metabolised by the body then produces alkaline products - But - there is a lot more to it than that, - it has no effect on the PH of the blood (luckily, else you would be dead!) 

ionized water is the strongest of them all

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

The problem is that he has been outside of the UK and is no longer resident there. Kev would have to return and be settled for at least six months before that situation changed as far as the authorities are concerned. In six months his cancer could have spread. If he goes private in the UK he cannot transfer to the NHS later.

This point has been made several times, but it is not well understood.

Someone said earlier....

maybe one of his mates...that he still has a business in the UK so has an address. Well all he has to do is get on a flight home go to a Drs...i would hazard a guess he is still registered with one as Drs do not send you a letter every year to confirm that your still wanting to stay with them....goes to a that dr and get treatment...easy.

Edited by Teee
Added a word

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

He filters all comments on his vids. Anything in the slightest bit contrary and he deletes it before it's posted. He won't entertain anyone but his fanboys, like connda.

Very true but then a lot of other vloggers here do the same. Seems pointless allowing comments if they are all, love your stuff, well done mate, buy you a drink at the hide away bar etc.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Teee said:

Someone said earlier....

maybe one of his mates...that he still has a business in the UK so has an address. Well all he has to do is get on a flight home go to a Drs...i would hazard a guess he is still registered with one as Drs do not send you a letter every year to confirm that your still wanting to stay with them....goes to a that dr and get treatment...easy.

Given that he hasn’t had a frontal lobotomy I’m guessing he has given some thought to this and decided he is unable to ... do not easy or simple.

• Like 2

Just now, AlexRich said:

Given that he hasn’t had a frontal lobotomy I’m guessing he has given some thought to this and decided he is unable to ... do not easy or simple.

Very simple.

He has money...either in his bank...or from the gofundme to buy a flight to UK.

He will get the necessary treatment for now and future.

Why would you live in a country begging rest of your life?

Ill now...possible his health will be not so good for rest of his life.

1 hour ago, Caine said:

Bet he won’t be selling the 4x4 he swans around in. Another cap in hander for the U.K. NHS to pick up. Go to fund my arse

Last time I saw him, a few weeks ago, he was in a red plate pickup

1 hour ago, emptypockets said:

I agree.  I was at some random bar in Pattaya recently with a large billboard inside with the you tube sign on it saying Kev in  in Thailand is here every ( Wednesday or Thursday night.... Can't remember ). These people really think they are some sort of celebrity when in reality they are a pensioner with a smart phone and a small brain who think they have some relevance.  They don't.

Unfortunately there a many of them.  It seems TVF has officially  partnered with these morons

Having bumped into the guy on several occasions, I can assure you that your assessment is spot on.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

It's people like Briar who lied about his income, that has resulted in the immigration changes. Nobody has ever accused people who cannot afford to live here as serious criminals but they have resulted in all of us suffering new regulations due to their lies and fraudulent behaviour. I watched all of Briars work and his use of the child to gain sympathy and funds was a disgrace IMO.

Kev on the other hand is not in that category, he chose to stay here and pay for his treatment, it was another low life who set up the predictable go fund me.

I’d have thought you’d be happy with the immigration changes, because it makes it much harder for those that are struggling? 

Graham Briar didn’t look like a man who was coining it in, he looked a pretty sad case, someone who was struggling a bit. I’d never want to be in his situation. I save my anger for the real criminals of this world ... those that work in Banks and financial institutions, gaming the system and screwing the population. Or corrupt officials and governments ... like the one you are in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Teee said:

Who cares a jot. This guy is a prat. Im a cockney and he is putting on accent.

He's from Peterborough. Same as the Brit from Chang Rai, Graham Briar, who also had a lifetime of scamming and set up a go fund me page when he had a heart condition.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, CGW said:

Exactly, so why do folks get their panties all ruffled, why not just ignore and move on to some positivity in their lives ???? 

The same thing could be said about Thai Visa comments. It's not compulsory to read or respond to them, so why not just ignore and move on with your life ????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

He's from Peterborough. Same as the Brit from Chang Rai, Graham Briar, who also had a lifetime of scamming and set up a go fund me page when he had a heart condition.

Who was Kev scamming?

Boiler room operators and fraudsters scam people, they con them out of their money using some trickery. They are criminals. You Tube bloggers ask people to subscribe or give a thumbs up. Some use patreon for donations or Pay Pal. The first two cost nothing. The second two you’d only do if you liked their product ... completely optional. For Kev to be a scammer he’d need to be pretending to be ill. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

The problem is that he has been outside of the UK and is no longer resident there. Kev would have to return and be settled for at least six months before that situation changed as far as the authorities are concerned. In six months his cancer could have spread. If he goes private in the UK he cannot transfer to the NHS later.

This point has been made several times, but it is not well understood.

It's not understood because it's not the case, a point which has been made several times.

...sorry to hear...

..you are entitled to your opinion...but...

..the industry, including chemo offer no hope....

...but a mountain of bills...

...how about asking to join the CBD Trials in Thailand....???

...or elsewhere around the world...???

...do some research....then decide....

https://www.cureyourowncancer.org/how-cannabis-oil-works.html

... good luck....

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Nsp64 said:

This guy is a constant beggar. 

On his site he asks for donations to his channel under the a/c name. buykevabeer. 

Thats what you tube is all abut donations if u look why not pay a  dollar  wont kill ufor suchgood entertainement and info it not begging  fool

5 hours ago, boloa said:

I think the Go Fund Me page was set up by a friend without Kev's knowledge. kev has said he has the money to pay for his treatment and has taken full responsibility to why he has no insurance. ....Know doubt the haters will be out in force on this thread !!!!

You don't have to be a hater if you are not in favor of all the fund me sites for one thing. It is one today and a multiple next week. Are you (not personally) donating to all of them? Of course not since you cannot take the load of the whole world on your money-back. I would donate to someone in need who is pretty close to me or my direct family, but I cannot pay for all the so called beggars as someone here named them, but still there are better people than me who will still donate, maybe because they feel sorry. I feel sorry too; who wants to be in a life threatening situation like e.g. this man, but he took the ultimate risk of bungy jumping with a rotten line.

In my opinion everyone, expats and tourists, who refuse to have travel insurance or a descent health insurance, have it all to blame to themselves. If you could not afford the money for such insurances, you shouldn't have done what you did all along. Nothing adventurous about getting sick or dying in a foreign country.

13 minutes ago, Spidey said:

AS I've already posted, I have lived in Thailand longer than Burt and I get a repeat prescription from my UK GP every 3 months and return to the UK every year for my annual checkup. If I had Burt's medical condition, I'd be straight back to the UK and WOULD receive free treatment.

If you are no longer resident in the UK, then you are not entitled to NHS healthcare. Now personally, as someone who has paid a load of tax in the UK, I don’t believe this is fair, however that is the law. You appear to still be registered with your GP, and use a UK address? So the state does not know you have residency in Thailand? Not my business, I don’t mind what you do. So you could return to the UK and as far as the NHS is concerned you are just like a normal resident citizen. But what you are doing is not strictly legal ... making you as much of a scammer as the ones you deride on here. If you told them where you stay you might get a shock. I’d advise against doing so.