Demolition order for illegal balcony at luxury villas in Ao Sane

webfact

Demolition order for illegal balcony at luxury villas in Ao Sane

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

S__3465276.jpg

PHOTO: Chatchanon Na Thalang

A demolition order has been issued for an illegally constructed balcony, which also leads to a pool and spa, at the controversial villas being constructed overlooking Ao Sane beach near Nat Harn.

Rawai Municipality put a halt to construction activities on the villas last week after Rawai officials noted that the balcony was not part of the original plans approved by the municipality.

Rawai’s Mayor Aroon Solos says, “The balcony has been ordered to be demolished as it is illegal. The plans for a balcony connecting to the pool were not part of the original design submitted or approved.”

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/demolition-order-for-illegal-balcony-at-luxury-villas-in-ao-sane

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-03-11

14 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Will it be demolished ? that all depends on who owns it.and why do they always 

spot these things when the are finished.

regards worgeordie

One supposes you would have to have read both paragraphs posted above to understand why it wasn't stopped at the planning stage. They didn't submit plans for the pool balcony area, just the main structure. 

Had you followed the link and read the entire article, you would have understood that the construction was paused for 30 days while owners have the ability to submit the complete plans for re assessment to determine if permission will be given or demolition would occur.

But thanks for your insight. 

2 hours ago, metempsychotic said:

One supposes you would have to have read both paragraphs posted above to understand why it wasn't stopped at the planning stage. They didn't submit plans for the pool balcony area, just the main structure. 

Had you followed the link and read the entire article, you would have understood that the construction was paused for 30 days while owners have the ability to submit the complete plans for re assessment to determine if permission will be given or demolition would occur.

Yes its the same for those holiday homes of the rich and influential built in national

forest reserves,or complete resorts,they never find them until they are completed or

have even been occupied for several years, it's the same with illegal loggers,they very

rarely catch them in the act,but find the processed wood,after its hauled out of the 

forests.

If you had read the entire article you would have seen,the balcony   has to be demolished,

“The construction of the pool has been paused for 30 days while they have time to wait for a new design for consideration of our planners. If the design is not corrected by law, the pool must be demolished too.” and maybe the pool too !

As I have said depends who owns it,   P.S. I never mentioned  ANYTHING about planning stage in my original post.

regards worgeordie

15 hours ago, metempsychotic said:

If you had followed the saga over the last couple of years, from commencement of the project, you would be aware of many breaches of planning permissions, and several demolition orders. Construction always resumed after palms have been greased.

It should have been stopped when ground was first broken, but It is a cash cow for many in the loop and this is just the latest deviation from approved plans. 

The Bangkok owners will prevail.

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Personally, I dont think there should be any construction within so many metre's of the high tide line

0-20 metres from median high tide, no permanent buildings allowed.  20-50 metres, max 6 metres in height.  50-250 metres, max 12 metres in height.  Looks all above board to me.......not.

9 hours ago, Old Croc said:

If you had followed the saga over the last couple of years, from commencement of the project, you would be aware of many breaches of planning permissions, and several demolition orders. Construction always resumed after palms have been greased.

It should have been stopped when ground was first broken, but It is a cash cow for many in the loop and this is just the latest deviation from approved plans. 

The Bangkok owners will prevail.

I'm sure it was all "paid for" before the first ground was broken.  Now officials just like to look like they are justifying their positions, when they had previously given it the go ahead. 

On 3/11/2019 at 12:29 PM, worgeordie said:

Yes its the same for those holiday homes of the rich and influential built in national

forest reserves,or complete resorts,they never find them until they are completed or

have even been occupied for several years, it's the same with illegal loggers,they very

rarely catch them in the act,but find the processed wood,after its hauled out of the 

forests.

If you had read the entire article you would have seen,the balcony   has to be demolished,

“The construction of the pool has been paused for 30 days while they have time to wait for a new design for consideration of our planners. If the design is not corrected by law, the pool must be demolished too.” and maybe the pool too !

As I have said depends who owns it,   P.S. I never mentioned  ANYTHING about planning stage in my original post.

regards worgeordie

There are plenty of cases where such illegal buildings get demolished. Or never finished and then stand empty around. No idea about the hate here again ...

On 3/11/2019 at 7:29 AM, worgeordie said:

... it's the same with illegal loggers,they very rarely catch them in the act,but find the processed wood,after its hauled out of the 

forests. ...

Many years ago, I stayed at a wooden house for a few days around Surin, I think it was.  OMG beautiful, rare hardwood floors, steps, railings, etc.  Was said to belong to a forestry official.

16 minutes ago, Ulic said:

The building looks great to me. Carry on. :thumbsup:

Yeah, but the beach behind is nick named "secret beach". It is the most beautiful one on Phuket, and usually pretty empty. Has an ok Restaurant, too.

Archived