Recommendations for obtaining education visa

I'm in BKK and have just signed up to a reputable language school to do a 14 month Thai course. They applied to the Ministry of Education almost 2 weeks ago, so I should (fingers crossed) get my approval letter from them in a week or so. I have to let my language school know where I'll go apply for my non-B category "ed" visa. My language school suggests HCMC, Vientiane or Penang.  Vientiane would be a good choice because I love it there and haven't been for years. However, I have to do some work online while I'm away and require at least 20mbps download speed and from what I hear, that's difficult to find there. 

So, has anyone had success obtaining the ed visa in a neighboring country? Or know someone who has? Or can recommend a friendly consulate from past experiences obtaining other types of visas? 

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Vientiane is certainly the best location to apply for a non-ed visa.

You apply for the visa the morning of one day and pickup the next afternoon.

You need to make an appointment to apply for the visa. See here: https://thaivisavientiane.com/#

I am sure you can find an internet connection better than 20 mbps in Vientiane now.

19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Vientiane is certainly the best location to apply for a non-ed visa.

You apply for the visa the morning of one day and pickup the next afternoon.

You need to make an appointment to apply for the visa. See here: https://thaivisavientiane.com/#

I am sure you can find an internet connection better than 20 mbps in Vientiane now.

Hi Udonjoe,

Thank you for the info and the link. I'll start emailing some hotels and apartment owners about their internet speed.