BANGKOK 25 March 2019 15:19

"a constant, losing battle with how the kid should be brought up".  

I'm still looking for an answer to this one.  Wow, having the wife's son (not mine) being treated like royalty, lazing around with a sense of entitlement that borders on perverse, is.....challenging at best.   SOS

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Sorry, but I have to ask, why are you living with mum and dad if you have an empty condo?

Even a studio is doable with a small child.

Very good point. My wife is very close to her mum, and so my daughter gets doted on. We ended up spending more and more time there until we were living there pretty permanently.. wife angrily vetoed moving to Chon Buri and having live in nanny after initially agreeing to it.

Tricky situation dealing  with a v conservative thai family. The weeks excitement is a trip to the local Sizzler.

Edited by Will E Vormer

Posted (edited)

Thank you all for your replies

I def shd stand my ground. The other issue is being mentally tired to the point its not easy to focus on work and generally getting stuff done. All ways for thai's to point fingers. Catch 22. So I need to step back and get on with stuff to avoid giving her more ammo. 

Doing what's best for the child is the most divisive problem in the marriage. We dont agree on investments, education and where to live.

I want my kid to be breathing clean air.. not living in shitty bk. The education battle, after a year of disagreeing to have her educated in the UK from 11, I think the wife now accepts thats a good plan.

Edited by Will E Vormer

Posted (edited)

Marriage is business ... find a compromise that works for both, or cut your losses and leave ... which includes leaving the child.

Edited by OmarZaid
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1