Lawn mower blades need sharpening??

hackjam

I have a small BOSH lawn mower, have had it about 8 years, worked fine for the smallish lawn I have.

Recently, I noticed it is not cutting grass cleanly, more like hacking chunks of grass. I have it set at highest wheel setting.

I suspect the blade is not sharp now.

Can the blade be removed and sharpened?

If so, where can I get it sharpened?

Have a look and see if they can be removed.. Or if you are not sure, post a photo of the blades and someone will let you know.. Any little metal working shop will sharpen them for you and most towns have a shop that sells mowers/brush cutters who can also do it. 

Find a local with a back mounted brush cutter. They all have a disc or stone they attach to the device for sharpening their blade.

Or take the blade off and wander around HomePro or ThaiWatsadu. and see if you can find a replacement one that fits.

7 hours ago, jimmyyy said:

you don't need a shop, get a file and wetstone and get to work

If it,s a cylindrical mower then the blades will have to be ground between centres otherwise its pointless  :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, hackjam said:

Have managed to remove blade from machine, now just need to find a shop that will sharpen????

Where is your location? takes minutes to sharpen a blade - (unless you do it with a file & whetstone!) if you do find someone to sharpen it, make sure they balance also.

3 hours ago, hackjam said:

Darkside

Just call in at one of the many small "engineering" type shops, if they have a grinder they will be able to sharpen for you.

If you had been close to me I would have put an edge on for you, but 600km is probably a bit far to travel.

Archived