Uk family visa procedure changed ?

The wife went for interview and biometrics today for fifth year in a row,

Appointment time 12-30 never got seen till for another hour then they checked and took paperwork and she had to wait another 90 minutes then returned all the paperwork except passport .

She said things had changed and never used to get all the paperwork back just the receipt.

Said it was very busy.

I take it all the paperwork is scanned then sent on to India for the decision?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I cant comment on how long the process took but you are correct that they scanned the paperwork to send to India and retained her passport. My question to you however is why on earth are you not asking for a longer term visa, you say its the 5th year in a row. My wife did 3 visa's for 1 year and then we applied and was granted a 5 year visa. The same rules apply on how many days in a 12 month period apply, but it does save having to do the same every year. 

Before someone corrects me, yes I know there is no stated limit on days per year. Unofficially though they work on an absolute maximum of 180 days per year. My wife travels back to the UK with me every year and we stay just under 5 months, never had a problem at the border.

Archived