Help with renewing retirement visa

I am due to renew my retirement visa in 10 days. I am looking to check what forms, photos and information I will need to supply Jomtien immigration with.

I have had over 800,000 baht in my bank for the last 12 months, I live in a house which is in the name of my girlfriend and have done my last two 90 day reports via the internet. I have not been out of the country during the last 12 months.

You are getting an extension of stay based on the retirement visa. Depending on your circumstances, you may also need a single or multiple reentry permit. There are plenty of threads on TV specifying what documents are needed. Take everything recommended, as requirements vary from IO to IO.

43 minutes ago, KarlS said:

The OP said, "I am due to renew my retirement visa in 10 days"(sic)- What are you having a problem understanding?  No mention was made of an extension or 'renew "permission of stay based on retirement",  hence my question.

You might be an "expert" clairvoyant but most are not. 

Nah. I wouldn't put him any of those catagories.  

Edited by Justin Side

Well I have been looking for an opportunity to post this sheet given to my pal when he went to Jomtiem last week. (7th March) Nothing surprising in it other than it defines the bank letter must be less than 3 days old. No mention of post application monetary seasoning... I am also told the Thai text is very different... I wonder which applies?

20190311_163729.thumb.jpg.710d46a0a9a5ce84f18c4c721eeb2930.jpg

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, suzannegoh said:

You're being pedantic.  The guy would have a visa of some sort, probably a non-Imm O or OA, and he needs to get an extension of stay annually.  But in casual conversation people often say that they they are extending their visa rather than that they are applying for an extension of stay.

"Casual conversation" leads to misunderstandings, confusion, and errors especially if that "conversation" is conducted in writing in a forum. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, suzannegoh said:
4 minutes ago, KarlS said:
"Casual conversation" leads to misunderstandings, confusion, and errors especially if that "conversation" is conducted in writing in a forum. 

Can you think of a way that misundstanding that would have altered his course of action? Whether he calls it an extension of stay or an extension of his visa, he's going to be doing the exact same thing.

LOL  Thanks for demonstrating the truth of what I say. The OP wrote about RENEWING A VISA! Which cannot be done. Nor can Visas be extended. 

3 minutes ago, suzannegoh said:

Can you think of a way that misundstanding that would have altered his course of action? Whether he calls it an extension of stay or an extension of his visa, he's going to be doing the exact same thing.

If you are discussing the OP you have misquoted as he said "due to renew my retirement visa in 10 days". To renew a Visa, one would have to leave the country, to renew an Extension, or get a new extension he would not. As is, he said 'in Jomtiem' it is clear what he wishes to do. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, KarlS said:

Visas cannot be renewed so what do you have now? An unexpired visa or an extension of stay? 

KarlS, this post and your subsequent posts, indicate that you ignored the first word of the post's title. A touch of humility would not go amiss.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, KarlS said:

The OP said, "I am due to renew my retirement visa in 10 days"(sic)- What are you having a problem understanding?  No mention was made of an extension or 'renew "permission of stay based on retirement",  hence my question.

You might be an "expert" clairvoyant but most are not. 

Be civil fellas, no need to turn on each other

11 minutes ago, raylspence said:

KarlS, this post and your subsequent posts, indicate that you ignored the first word of the post's title. A touch of humility would not go amiss.

I ignored nothing because the OP asked for HELP with something that a)is not possible and b) does not exist.  Anything else I can HELP you with? 

8 minutes ago, KarlS said:

I ignored nothing because the OP asked for HELP with something that a)is not possible and b) does not exist.  Anything else I can HELP you with? 

Guess he won,t ask you in future ,done to death over n over. How come you knew what OP was referring to enable your pedantic response

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

TM.8 completed and signed (also include phone number beside signature) and photo attached. 

That is the old TM8 form. The new one is two pages and needs to be printed two sided.

Fillable TM8 re-entry permit form.pdf

Edit: New TM7 form also. Fillable TM7 form.pdf

Both were changed about 2 years ago.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Guess he won,t ask you in future ,done to death over n over. How come you knew what OP was referring to enable your pedantic response

"Done to death" by people like you. The original question asked by me of the OP was understood and responded to by the OP - Then others interfered 

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is the old TM8 form. The new one is two pages and needs to be printed two sided.

Fillable TM8 re-entry permit form.pdf 169.78 kB · 169 downloads

Edit: New TM7 form also. Fillable TM7 form.pdf

Both were changed about 2 years ago.

Thanks ubonjoe !

I normally just open the doc I used the previous year, update it, print and save it with this year's date. The new ones look a little "neater" than the previous versions. I've added them to my folder for next time.

12 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

I normally just open the doc I used the previous year, update it, print and save it with this year's date. The new ones look a little "neater" than the previous versions. I've added them to my folder for next time.

I had to change to the new form when the new TM7 form came out. Just copied and pasted everything into the new form from the doc one.