Pattaya YouTuber with cancer: Thanks Go Fund Me appeals, says he's cutting down cigarettes and putting off marriage

snoop1130

Pattaya YouTuber with cancer: Thanks Go Fund Me appeals, says he's cutting down cigarettes and putting off marriage

37389.jpg.8cf402ca104b89691f2f2277a2f2707a.jpg

The Pattaya based expat who warned people to take out travel insurance has thanked two separate people for starting Go Fund Me appeals for his treatment.

The appeals were made even though Kevin Burt has money from a business he sold in the UK and has "properties in Spain".

He has also told Thaivisa in an exclusive interview from his Pattaya hospital bed that he intends to cut out cigarettes "by a further 50%."

Now the bad news also looks to have put a damper on Mr Burt's plans to marry a Thai woman in October.

Mr Burt - who has 30,000 subscribers on his "Kev-In-Thailand" YouTube channel - was diagnosed with esophagus cancer.

He said it was not smoking related.

The initial treatment is set to cost him at least 1 million baht. He has the money to pay but two Go Fund Me appeals were stated in his name.

He said on his video that he felt invincible at 59 and took his chance without insurance that he planned to start next year.

He warned younger expats to take out insurance.

He said:

"I have been on chemotherapy since Saturday and feeling fine no side effects".

Regarding a Go Fund Me started on Bangkok Expats group on Facebook he said:

"I didn't know about that, there was one started by a good friend in Kamala for me also this morning. I thank them very much indeed.

"Up to this point i have never had even a one night stay in a hospital.

"I had planned for health insurance to start on my 60th birthday next year, I just felt that was the better option until now of course".

Mr Burt was brought up in Hackney in London and in more recent years moved to Waltham Abbey on the northern outskirts of London before coming to Thailand four years ago.

He said that he has money to pay for his care and that his YouTube channel is not very lucrative.

"YouTube barely covers costs. It's not a living it's more a hobby that keeps me from going insane.

"I sold my small business in the UK and am waiting on selling properties in Spain".

Asked if he smokes Mr Burt said:

"I have cut down 50% since the diagnosis and in 2 weeks I shall cut down another 50%. I want to pack up but it's going to be a weaning off rather then just stop.

"This cancer is not smoking related".

He said that he had not smoked since being hospitalized in Pattaya where he is undergoing chemotherapy.

But then he admitted to having one "outside....my first in over two days!"

Asked whether he has any Thai family he said:

"I have a Thai partner and was getting married in October - maybe put on hold for now."  

Well wishers from the expat community commented in droves on Mr Burt's YouTube channel.

His parting shot to Thaivisa:

"I am always positive 100%".

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-11

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be carefully. Kevin Is a constantly E-beggar who goes from girl to another girl and from beer to beer. I dont think the GoFundMe money will go for threatment, but for fun in bars i Bangkok and to barfines.

He choose not to have insurance. He also choose a private hospital instead of a public hospital. Why is He so much better that ordinary thais?

A friend og me got cancer in Bangkok and went to a public hospital. He has carachter and honor and paid 30 000 B for his own money. No begging.

Kevin really  dont know how poor thai-people really have it.

He is a rich man Who recently sold his house in Spain, He has nice car, and alot of money in bank.

I will also say that the bloke Who creted the GoFundMe account is Worse. He is e-beggar number one and use all his time to chase hookers in Phuket.

These vloggs beggers on YouTube is Worse then cancer. No respect.

You seem to have it in for Kevin. Two posts on two different threads saying the same thing. I don't know Kevin and I also think anyone who travels without insurance is an idiot but give him a break. He hasn't asked for any funding and allegedly didn't know anything about it.

now be honest and say what the doctor really said. the cancer of the esophagus probably came about due to smoking, you should really get on the patches or quit all together. if you have any self respect and as you can afford the hospital bills yourself, ask your mates to cancel the go fund me pages you claim to know nothing of. 

4 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

You seem to have it in for Kevin. Two posts on two different threads saying the same thing. I don't know Kevin and I also think anyone who travels without insurance is an idiot but give him a break. He hasn't asked for any funding and allegedly didn't know anything about it.

Allegedly!

And I have no problem in believing the poster, either. He seems to know him and his "do-gooder" friend.

As other posters have said - he is an E-beggar.

And he is a smoker. Whatever he says, his smoking shows he has little regard for common dog-<deleted>!

4 hours ago, Greenriver said:

Be carefully. Kevin Is a constantly E-beggar who goes from girl to another girl and from beer to beer. I dont think the GoFundMe money will go for threatment, but for fun in bars i Bangkok and to barfines.

He choose not to have insurance. He also choose a private hospital instead of a public hospital. Why is He so much better that ordinary thais?

A friend og me got cancer in Bangkok and went to a public hospital. He has carachter and honor and paid 30 000 B for his own money. No begging.

He is a rich man Who recently sold his house in Spain, He has nice car, and alot of money in bank.

I will also say that the bloke Who creted the GoFundMe account is Worse. He is e-beggar number one and use all his time to chase hookers in Phuket.

I always wonder why, when people are down, haters like you and others find it necessary to be mean-spirited and poke the dead man in the eye. You heartless trolls need to wake up one day with a life threatening situation that prevents any attempts of communication with the outside world. Just suffer silently and hope another troll doesnt poke your eye. 

5 hours ago, Greenriver said:

Lol, is that you Greg?

For those who are saying nasty things, actually watch the video he posted.

He doesn't ask for money, and literally says it's his own fault for not having sorted out insurance. He's even had a couple of videos where he's talked about looking for insurance in the past.

But he sold his company and retired, initially to Spain, and then decided to switch to Pattaya. He also has an old video where he showed people around the dental centre he got his dental implants at. That was apparently somewhere north of a ½m baht (for his top teeth), so he's not some penniless person begging for money.

But I'm the worst person to claim anyone is an idiot for not having insurance. I went to work in Tokyo and let my health insurance in Thailand lapse because I had insurance through the company I was working for, only to then leave that company, return to Thailand, and fall and break my elbow and shoulder a few weeks later before I'd got my health insurance sorted out again. (฿150,000 for them to make my arm set off metal detectors at the airport for the rest of my life but the lack of insurance is my own fault - I'm just glad I had the money to pay for it...)

10 minutes ago, Whyamiandwhatamidoinghere said:

I always wonder why, when people are down, haters like you and others find it necessary to be mean-spirited and poke the dead man in the eye. You heartless trolls need to wake up one day with a life threatening situation that prevents any attempts of communication with the outside world. Just suffer silently and hope another troll doesnt poke your eye. 

I don't think the guy was heartless. Just curious as to why he's making a private health matter public and promoting his gofundme accounts for donations despite telling people he has money to pay the bills.  

Most people don't act like that. Seems like a reasonable suspicion.

1 hour ago, eggers said:

The guys a fool, to believe his cancer is not smoking related & ought stop smoking completely.... 

Exactly.  To play the "poor me" card when he is a heavy smoker, gets throat cancer, begs for money for treatment and won't even commit to giving up smoking completely is laughable.

As another poster claims he is an e-beggar, I certainly wouldn't donate fi the idiot (self-proclaimed!) won't/can't even give up smoking completely.

It makes a fool of anyone actually willing to donate and is, frankly, a bit of an insult.

A pretty much 4 year new comer to stay Thailand. Odd that a man allegedly having money and properties in Spain would ok a Go Fund Me. Maybe that can be donated to a really needy cancer victim. I know something or 2 or 3 about cancer. My mom died of it, so good luck to him that it is a relatively easy one to beat.

1 minute ago, Time Traveller said:

I don't think the guy was heartless. Just curious as to why he's making a private health matter public and promoting his gofundme accounts for donations despite telling people he has money to pay the bills.  

He posts on youtube 3 times a week, most weeks.

That's how you build a channel with subscribers and the like.

This is just another thing to post videos about.

5 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

The part about his esophagus cancer was not smoking related was laughable. But I wish him luck with the cancer.

Funnily enough smoking is not the number one cause of Oesophegal cancer , which my father died of, and smoked and drank, reading the internet lack of green vegetables in the diet is the number 1 culprit. 

geez. stop smoking! i found out i have a liver condition and stopped drinking immediately which was 15yrs ago. Stopped smoking and taking hard drugs 20yrs ago. Its easy unless your a weak fool. Why bother with treatment if you smoke? Boggles the mind. No insurance would cover this.

Gee does this guy sound familiar? Say a TV poster. Those types who bark incessantly about beg-packers and no insurance nellies. Then the truth comes out. He never had any insurance to begin with and is now on GoFundMe life support.

????

39 minutes ago, Lucius verus said:

This jerk is a real scam artist.

Read his story. He's laughing his head off. His friends seem to be in on the scam.

On 3/10/2019 at 9:54 AM, bluesofa said:

You might like to tell us all why Kevin, in your opinion, is scam artist. 

You might also like to publish your name and address.

I stand to be corrected, but it appears to me, that you are a vile practitioner of  culumny and detraction. 

39 minutes ago, Time Traveller said:

Nicely summed up.

He wants your money.

60 Year old applying for medical insurance :

Insurance company : Do You smoke 

60 Year Old : Yes

Insurance company : Sorry cancer excluded .

Moral : Insurance does not in many many cases solve the dilema of travellers expats etc getting a big medical bill . 

So the press stop implying it does everytime someone smashes up a bike they are not licenced to drive or contracts cancer after smoking 30 a day all their life.

5 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

I'm glad you added "allegedly"; if you hadn't, I definitely would.

5 hours ago, Greenriver said:

Same with Graham Briar last year TVF cowards who hide behind new accounts spouting their jealous bile.

Archived