Pattaya YouTuber with cancer: Thanks Go Fund Me appeals, says he's cutting down cigarettes and putting off marriage

snoop1130

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mommysboy said:

Strikes me that if someone's else doesn't fit in to a poster's rather narrow remit on how we should live our lives then they are fair game for hate.  Even if he is networking in order to fund treatment- so what?  I guess some people are saying that only those in traditional occupations should attempt to fund treatment.

Why is it that any criticism these days gets categorized as 'hate' It's not hate to point out he should not be smoking at all and that it probably caused his cancer, nor is it hate to disagree with him accepting money off people via a very dodgy character when he obviously has the funds to pay. People who splash their lives all over you tube are going to get various opinions voiced about them and what they are doing, that is not hate.

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

Why is it that any criticism these days gets categorized as 'hate' It's not hate to point out he should not be smoking at all and that it probably caused his cancer, nor is it hate to disagree with him accepting money off people via a very dodgy character when he obviously has the funds to pay. People who splash their lives all over you tube are going to get various opinions voiced about them and what they are doing, that is not hate.

Well review what some people have written and see if you honestly think it's just criticism- of course reasonable comment is valid.  And yes everyone is entitled to express an opinion.  I agree that people who put themselves in the spotlight have to accept more than others, yet there are limits.

As to his smoking, obviously that is not a good idea at all. Please note however that nearly all of us struggle with at least one bad habit, and that smoking is very addictive. Moreover, backward thinking countries like Thailand ban vaping, leaving victims with the invidious choice of breaking the law in order to preserve their health.  

Also note that while smoking could be classified as a risk factor, it is likely not the main cause of this type of cancer.  Generally, cancer is about genetic susceptibility, advanced age, sedentary lifestyle, obesity, as well as bad habits such as alcohol and smoking.

This filthy admitted smoker has to be one of the most annoying/arrogant persons I have listened too.

Watch a few of his past videos doing health insurance research and bad mouthing the cost of insurance (cheap I think at $2,000 a year) and making  a point to put the insurance information papers in a ball and ¨throw it in the bin¨.

So, does he care about you?

I personally could care less anything about him his past videos/attitude speak for themselves.....

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

This filthy admitted smoker has to be one of the most annoying/arrogant persons I have listened too.

Watch a few of his past videos doing health insurance research and bad mouthing the cost of insurance (cheap I think at $2,000 a year) and making  a point to put the insurance information papers in a ball and ¨throw it in the bin¨.

So, does he care about you?

I personally could care less anything about him his past videos/attitude speak for themselves.....

He has many followers and I don't agree with anything you  say. We all have a vice - smoking and women is or was his. So what. If you don't like him or his channel why are you venting your spleen here. Just move on and say nothing. No point putting the boot in. We all make mistakes in life - it's a human condition and I'm sure you make plenty so don't act so high and mighty. The wheels of hatred keep grinding away - interestingly when money comes into the equation. Mass envy and jealousy ensue. I'd say it's the big motivator in a lot of you. Oh dear he is going to benefit from the generosity of some tsk tsk.

6 hours ago, Melbun said:

He has many followers and I don't agree with anything you  say. We all have a vice - smoking and women is or was his. So what. If you don't like him or his channel why are you venting your spleen here. Just move on and say nothing. 

Oh, I have a vice too. My vice is hating on baby boomers who are hundred times more arrogant and spoiled than millennials. 

If you don't wanna read my hate, just move on. Stop commenting, Oki?

I dont mean to be disrespectful BUT when Kev said he is only 58 and will be 59 later this year I nearly fell off the bar stool.

I always thought looking at him he was a gentleman in his 60’s , I thought around 62-67 ?

I mean he could easily pass for 65 right .

I do like Kev’s videos and some are very informative.

I recall in one video he went back after a number of years to his former business in the UK which he sold, it was in a big warehouse stocking wholesale  Stationary products if I recall, paper, pens, etc etc  and seemed to supply offices. Shops ,Hospitals etc .and employing  a number of people including forklift drivers.

so obviously it must of fetched a good sum on sale of the business as it wasn’t exactly a small business.

So according to his vids he retired 4 years ago at 55.

now he is 58 going on 59,obviously looking at him he worked very hard and long hours , good on him.

My ex GF stopped smoking when she saw a tween study on TV, one smoked, the other did not.

Smoking makes you look old, and actually makes you old ... you basically gain a quarter of a year each year you smoke.

10 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

I dont mean to be disrespectful BUT when Kev said he is only 58 and will be 59 later this year I nearly fell off the bar stool.

I always thought looking at him he was a gentleman in his 60’s , I thought around 62-67 ?

I mean he could easily pass for 65 right .

I do like Kev’s videos and some are very informative.

I recall in one video he went back after a number of years to his former business in the UK which he sold, it was in a big warehouse stocking wholesale  Stationary products if I recall, paper, pens, etc etc  and seemed to supply offices. Shops ,Hospitals etc .and employing  a number of people including forklift drivers.

so obviously it must of fetched a good sum on sale of the business as it wasn’t exactly a small business.

So according to his vids he retired 4 years ago at 55.

now he is 58 going on 59,obviously looking at him he worked very hard and long hours , good on him.

Yes, agree but people age differently. As for his financial affairs. No one knows what he has. But we should err on the side of caution. You can't live on air - even in Thailand. I say good luck to him if he can maintain a decent standard of living there - he seems like a reasonable bloke with a good sense of humour that may eventually need a helping hand from his 30k mates. As for the narcissistic millennials and haters well just disappear  is my suggestion. Like I said and believe - it's all about nastiness, envy and jealousy, The worst of human traits.

Your right, we dont know his financial affairs , for we know he could of paid back many business loans on sale of his business.

There is no need to be nasty , especially when a man is sick and going thru a battle.

I wish Kev all the best and a fast recovery.

54 minutes ago, Melbun said:

Yes, agree but people age differently. As for his financial affairs. No one knows what he has. But we should err on the side of caution. You can't live on air - even in Thailand. I say good luck to him if he can maintain a decent standard of living there - he seems like a reasonable bloke with a good sense of humour that may eventually need a helping hand from his 30k mates. As for the narcissistic millennials and haters well just disappear  is my suggestion. Like I said and believe - it's all about nastiness, envy and jealousy, The worst of human traits.

I have been a subscriber to his channel since he first started it. It doesn't make me his mate, far from it. 

30k mates? You're avin' a giraffe, ain't ya!

I don't blame him for the GoFundMe appeal, that's the work of a real scammer (I wouldn't call Burt a scammer) the American wierdo Thailand Robber. However, Burt has condoned it and thanked people for contributing to it. Why is the Robber asking for 1m baht, when Burt himself, in his latest vlog has claimed that his treatment will cost no more than 750-800k?

No envy or jealousy here, I just take exception to people begging for charity, when the sale of his Ford Ranger would more than cover his hospital costs.

2 hours ago, Spidey said:

I have been a subscriber to his channel since he first started it. It doesn't make me his mate, far from it. 

30k mates? You're avin' a giraffe, ain't ya!

I don't blame him for the GoFundMe appeal, that's the work of a real scammer (I wouldn't call Burt a scammer) the American wierdo Thailand Robber. However, Burt has condoned it and thanked people for contributing to it. Why is the Robber asking for 1m baht, when Burt himself, in his latest vlog has claimed that his treatment will cost no more than 750-800k?

No envy or jealousy here, I just take exception to people begging for charity, when the sale of his Ford Ranger would more than cover his hospital costs.

Spider. You are jealous because you know the make and model of his vehicle. Don't bother to respond as I won't be answering you again. Bye.

sorry to hear a guy has cancer. However all vloggers are ebggers, they all ask you to subscribe, to get their numbers and ad revenues up and also ask you to become Patreon members for a few $$ a month to receive exclusive content ??

Buyer beware

2 minutes ago, Lobber said:

sorry to hear a guy has cancer. However all vloggers are ebggers, they all ask you to subscribe, to get their numbers and ad revenues up and also ask you to become Patreon members for a few $$ a month to receive exclusive content ??

Buyer beware

2 minutes ago, Lobber said:

Buyer bewar

SO ? bad choice of words. Beggars. Do you know anyone that likes to work for nothing ? Are you willing to provide a service for free? YouTubers do the rounds, research etc  then spend hours doing video editing, lets not forget the expensive gear. What are you quibbling about ? Begging ? I think not. Small (non compulsory) fee for service. Do you have a problem with someone making a modest amount doing that ?Are they taking food off your table? What's your problem Mate. Bet you watch youtube beggars - Right ? Sure you do. The great unwashed that want it all for free.

This topic has done the full circle - I'm bored with the lot of you. 

4 minutes ago, Melbun said:

SO ? bad choice of words. Beggars. Do you know anyone that likes to work for nothing ? Are you willing to provide a service for free? YouTubers do the rounds, research etc  then spend hours doing video editing, lets not forget the expensive gear. What are you quibbling about ? Begging ? I think not. Small (non compulsory) fee for service. Do you have a problem with someone making a modest amount doing that ?Are they taking food off your table? What's your problem Mate. Bet you watch youtube beggars - Right ? Sure you do. The great unwashed that want it all for free.

This topic has done the full circle - I'm bored with the lot of you. 

why so defensive?  are you the guy in the hospital or the guy raising the money...

• 1 month later...

If you haven't got anything nice, or positive to say, it's best not to say it at all. 

To those who spread vile comments while hiding behind hate riddled computers, tablets and handsets - I sincerely hope everyone changes their keyboard warrior ways and gives notes of encouragement -you never know when you may need it yourself.  

This will be my last post on here because, as a 35 year old woman, I left the sad bitchiness of teenage girls at the school gates and it's sad to see it all over again in amongst what I would like to imagine to be well adjusted adults who left hormones and puberty a long time ago. 

This community has become a sad and sorry state of affairs.

kev - get well soon! X

Claire

22 minutes ago, ClaireG413 said:

Claire

The entire internet has become a sorry state of affairs.

Kev's a great guy and has helped many clueless farangs (via his youtube channel) prepare, navigate and manage their time here in Thailand. 

If you watched his videos, you would know that he chose to self insure his medical coverage until he turned 60 y.o. (which was in a few more months I believe) but didn't quite beat Murphy's law.

He already had the funds to cover his estimated 3-4 million baht cancer treatments in a private hospital (by choice).  He is not destitute, nor is he begging for help but this battle will nearly wipe out all of his savings that he had put aside for unforeseen medical emergencies. 

He simply started a fund so that those who choose to do so can assist him in his time of need.  There are many fairly rich single expats (with no family to leave an inheritance to), or others who are terminally ill who are thrilled to return the favor and send him a few bucks to help him out.  There are also good people who don't have much money willing to send what little they can just to say thanks to him for helping them or answering any of their questions.

Nothing wrong with that in my book.   He has done a lot to help people (whom he doesn't even know) plan for their time in Thailand.  Better than some some lame, drunken loser or meth head (who has done nothing to contribute or help his fellow man) asking for help in his time of need.

Karma can be a b*tch, or a blessing.

18 minutes ago, See Will said:

another human tic that feels no shame to suck $$ out of honorable hard working people?

scumbag

If you're referring to me, I don't know you, nor do you know me. I live in London, 2 miles from my birthplace, did an apprenticeship, got a full time job in the city, worked my way up doing 14 hour days plus some help with my family run a business and regularly overpay my taxes. 

I don't have a YouTube, PayPal, Patreon or anything similar. 

I don't give to requests for cash on YouTube, go fund me or children in need. 

I have no debts bar a mortgage and like to holiday in Thailand with my hard earned cash (which isn't on credit either) once a year which is why I watch the vlogs.  

No one deserves to be the subject of trolling and that fact you like taking people's time by being downright rude and disrespectful , bleed with hate (and you're probably bored to tears with nothing else to do), waiting for a reaction, is more than "begging". Time has no price. 

So please stop wasting mine and others' time who don't like trolls.

40 minutes ago, ClaireG413 said:

If you're referring to me, I don't know you, nor do you know me. I live in London, 2 miles from my birthplace, did an apprenticeship, got a full time job in the city, worked my way up doing 14 hour days plus some help with my family run a business and regularly overpay my taxes. 

I have no debts bar a mortgage and like to holiday in Thailand with my hard earned cash (which isn't on credit either) once a year which is why I watch the vlogs.  

No one deserves to be the subject of trolling and that fact you like taking people's time by being downright rude and disrespectful , bleed with hate (and you're probably bored to tears with nothing else to do), waiting for a reaction, is more than "begging". Time has no price. 

The world doesn't revolve around you, Claire, and neither does this topic. The comment is clearly aimed at the person who the topic is about.

1 hour ago, ClaireG413 said:

If you haven't got anything nice, or positive to say, it's best not to say it at all. 

To those who spread vile comments while hiding behind hate riddled computers, tablets and handsets - I sincerely hope everyone changes their keyboard warrior ways and gives notes of encouragement -you never know when you may need it yourself.  

This will be my last post on here because, as a 35 year old woman, I left the sad bitchiness of teenage girls at the school gates and it's sad to see it all over again in amongst what I would like to imagine to be well adjusted adults who left hormones and puberty a long time ago. 

kev - get well soon! X

Claire

The last of three posts wow, don't think that is going to impress anyone. Actually this forum has improved greatly over recent months compared to what it was. The reason can't really be mentioned but it's pretty obvious.

It's embarrassing to realise that he is British, yet he speaks with an almost-unintelligible accent.

Surely that can't be a genuine accent.  It's more 'Cockney' than any Cockney I've ever met ????

58 minutes ago, ClaireG413 said:

Not much different to me really. Except…...I paid cash for my house and now live here full time. Oh, and I'm from Northern England so unlike you and Kevin Burt (who lives near me and I have met) I'm nowhere near as far up my own backside.

15 minutes ago, simon43 said:

It's embarrassing to realise that he is British, yet he speaks with an almost-unintelligible accent.

Surely that can't be a genuine accent.  It's more 'Cockney' than any Cockney I've ever met ????

I fink it's the plassie gnashers wot done it.

Archived