Pattaya YouTuber with cancer: Thanks Go Fund Me appeals, says he's cutting down cigarettes and putting off marriage

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

He used to do a lot of that but cut it back after the two women took him to court for defamation. People speculated at the time that it was part of the court judgment that he desist from filming people without their permission.

so the guy had a defamation case and he still runs around filming people... and the guy has cancer and he still smokes... anyone see a connection here

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, tlandtday said:

looks pretty sleazy to me to be doing this kind of cowardly stuff...

The worst, for me, was when he filmed 2 girls, without their knowledge, grooming each other outside a beauty salon and used it in a vlog to parody them with monkeys. Consistently shows disrespect for women.

1 hour ago, Jimbo2014 said:

Given that there are children suffering from Cancer and unable to afford medication  - I think I know where I would place my donation.

How much have you donated to date.  Can you post some pics of the receipts of your donations? 

Didn't think so. 

38 minutes ago, Melbun said:

Yeh Pr**k all right. I don't care about all you purport. You are not walking in the man's shoes. Ever hear of karma. You and all like you will receive your reward in due course. So, you want the man to be flat broke eh ?? devoid of human compassion?  You are not sorry you are a poor example of the human race.

"don't try to find the splinter in someone's eye when you have a log in your" a**e h*le.

Thank you for your meaningful input to the discussion. 

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The initial treatment is set to cost him at least 1 million baht. He has the money to pay but two Go Fund Me appeals were stated in his name.

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

"I sold my small business in the UK and am waiting on selling properties in Spain".

I Think, that a "Go Fund Me" in a case where there are money enough is a pity for those that really needs help from Go Fund Me, because Go Fund Me will loose interest when misused by those that don't really need it...????

Smoking is a definite risk factor for esopahageal cancer. So is alcohol intake.

Not all people with esophageal cancer drink or smoke, of course, and it is not the direct causal link we see with lung cancer and smoking, but these are known risk factors.

4 hours ago, Whyamiandwhatamidoinghere said:

I always wonder why, when people are down, haters like you and others find it necessary to be mean-spirited and poke the dead man in the eye. You heartless trolls need to wake up one day with a life threatening situation that prevents any attempts of communication with the outside world. Just suffer silently and hope another troll doesnt poke your eye. 

Really. So you can support and donate to a well off scam artist if you choose. Up to you. But don't criticize people who call out someone well off begging via social media, a person who admits to having money, admits to being too mean to take out insurance, admits to smoking with throat cancer and chooses to go private for his care.

25 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Wow, so many newly-registered forum members supporting this guy - surprise, surprise......

The guy is a total sham, probably has some clones to help him.

Come on saying he has money and his friends started the gofundme is crazy. He wants it too otherwise he would have put a stop to it himself. he just want others to fund his lifestyle.

Alas, karma is what begging Kev is now experiencing.

He hounded a fellow youtuber and his wife and suffered a defamation case against her also.

The ex American serviceman Greg/Twitchy has already reposted an old video on YouTube, where he praised begging Kev for creating a vlog discussing the importance of health insurance.

The karma is all Kevs this week as the Greg/Twitchy characters last few YouTube videos have gone viral. 

Get well soon Kev all the same. 

1 hour ago, Melbun said:

Well look you heartless pr**ks - do you all like kicking a man when he's down? Yes, obviously you do. Simply said - I don't care whether he goes from female to female - enjoy I say - like  just about all fellows that go to Pattaya do. Right ?

Now - I saw his latest video and he has never begged money for his health's sake - but was thankful if people do donate. He does ask for donations to fund his channel - like everyone does. I have enjoyed his channel - he puts a lot of effort in and deserves a helping hand now. It's not going to kill anyone to donate a fiver (or more) - but it may well kill him if he has insufficient funds to continue treatment. Get off your high horses  you amoral ars**oles.

So how much have you donated to him? His he a mate of yours?

How much do you regularly donate to gofundme appeals?

He deserves fcku all. He's got money and he chose how to and how not to spend it.

This smacks of someone, with a bit of help, taking idiots for a ride and getting some money for nothing.

If you think spending your money on booze, smoking and whores; nice car and place to live and then expecting others to pick up the tab when you want private health treatment is moral then your moral compass is off sport.

2 hours ago, blookhead57 said:

2 hours ago, blookhead57 said:

How can Kevin say thats its not smoking related. It's a classic disease of smokers. if it's not caused by smoking then how come he has it in his throat? So what caused it if it wasn't smoking.

Not really a classic disease of smokers. A lot of the time it is caused by leakage of bile (acid) from the gut which inflames the oesophagus. Also commonly known as Barrett’s Oesophagus.

Considering he has been staying in Thailand for some considerable time, his story is almost laughable, although I expect he is not laughing now. 

As a 70 year old , I and many others came up with the conclusion that if one is diagnosed with a ternminal illness, we would just pop morphine tablets and go pain free. 

Not the best scenario but a painless one, I know of many who paid out millions and still died within 24 months, their wives skint. 

Sorry it also would appear sadly that this person is not actually liked by many, his situation is self-induced, so he is on his own ! 

1 minute ago, Khun Paul said:

Considering he has been staying in Thailand for some considerable time, his story is almost laughable, although I expect he is not laughing now. 

As a 70 year old , I and many others came up with the conclusion that if one is diagnosed with a ternminal illness, we would just pop morphine tablets and go pain free. 

Not the best scenario but a painless one, I know of many who paid out millions and still died within 24 months, their wives skint. 

Sorry it also would appear sadly that this person is not actually liked by many, his situation is self-induced, so he is on his own ! 

Not sure that morphine, nembutal etc are easily available to off yourself when the going gets too tough. That's why you get so many high flyers and neckings.

Weird the criticism of Kev from both camps. 

Kev appears to have done it the proper, old school way.  Work, save, invest, retire with some coin and a pension or two.  THEN moved here and plays footsies with bar maids who..... want to play footsies. 

Yet the old school, financially stable crew, some gnashing their teeth about upgrading from Windows XP to Win7, are threatened by and resentful of Kev, who somehow figured out how to transfer videos from his phone to a computer, and set the time on his VCR, like one of those too young, half-baked Millennial/Hipster punks on "the net".   Doesn't take much to get yourself ejected from the Old Boy's Club.

The others, a mix of spaced out ex-hippies and former backpackers who went to Asia in their 20s to "find themselves".  40 years on, they resurface on TVF as burnout SJWs desperate to fit in, moaning about how unfair the white man's system is - the one they didn't participate in.  In their view, Kev has too much extra money laying around, new pick up, a drive to park it on.  Who needs THAT much? It should be re-distrobuted to others who need it more, like THEM! Even worse, Kev plays footsies with bar maids who've been human trafficked to Pattaya.  And he smokes!  And he probably eats MEAT!  Ewwwww!

Ya' just can't win these days.

Good luck Kev, hope you can beat the cancer. 

I noticed a few posters having it in for kelvin. What happened to basic human compassion in this world .even the pattaya world. 

I do not know kelvin personally but I do watched some of his videos and found them fairly entertaining and informative. He did always try being fair in his reporting. I did not donate to his YT channel so this time, I donate to his GFM for my appreciation of his YT  contributions wishing him well and speedy recovery. It is something I would also do to my friends. How he lived his life in pattaya is not my concern and I believe many people are not angels themselves. Donate if you want to but do It out of your compassionate heart and not whether the other party is deserving of your contribution or not. How you treat others is a reflection of how you view yourself and the level of spirituality you possess. 

10 hours ago, Greenriver said:

Be carefully. Kevin Is a constantly E-beggar who goes from girl to another girl and from beer to beer. I dont think the GoFundMe money will go for threatment, but for fun in bars i Bangkok and to barfines.

He choose not to have insurance. He also choose a private hospital instead of a public hospital. Why is He so much better that ordinary thais?

A friend og me got cancer in Bangkok and went to a public hospital. He has carachter and honor and paid 30 000 B for his own money. No begging.

Kevin really  dont know how poor thai-people really have it.

He is a rich man Who recently sold his house in Spain, He has nice car, and alot of money in bank.

I will also say that the bloke Who creted the GoFundMe account is Worse. He is e-beggar number one and use all his time to chase hookers in Phuket.

These vloggs beggers on YouTube is Worse then cancer. No respect.

..whatever happened to personal pride.

1 hour ago, Khun Paul said:

..surely he can return to his country and get probably free medical care instead of begging here..Im sorry sir, but here there is a whole population ahead of you on the needy list..i do hope you survive.

I'm surprised that so much space is provided to a leach with no class. I can give you the names of several REAL desperate families that could use a go-fund-me and it sure as hell isn't for beer and partying money. Give us readers a break.

10 hours ago, Greenriver said:

Be carefully. Kevin Is a constantly E-beggar who goes from girl to another girl and from beer to beer. I dont think the GoFundMe money will go for threatment, but for fun in bars i Bangkok and to barfines.

He choose not to have insurance. He also choose a private hospital instead of a public hospital. Why is He so much better that ordinary thais?

A friend og me got cancer in Bangkok and went to a public hospital. He has carachter and honor and paid 30 000 B for his own money. No begging.

Kevin really  dont know how poor thai-people really have it.

He is a rich man Who recently sold his house in Spain, He has nice car, and alot of money in bank.

I will also say that the bloke Who creted the GoFundMe account is Worse. He is e-beggar number one and use all his time to chase hookers in Phuket.

These vloggs beggers on YouTube is Worse then cancer. No respect.

Right !

So he is a greedy (he has money) idiot (no insurance) and more idiots want to pay for him ?

This world is weird ! I prefer to help stray dogs !

11 minutes ago, tandor said:

..whatever happened to personal pride.

It isn't "begging" it is just the business model of the new media system. When you think about it, it is actually a lot more moral than the legacy system which relies on ad money from mega corporations. If you like the content people make, send them money if you want. If you don't like their stuff or just don't have money to spare, don't. In this system, the content creator is incetivized to please his users, not his advertisers. It helps free us from corporate influence. I've watched a couple of this guy's videos before. He seems to be entertaining enough. That Lindybeige dude from the UK who does military and history related stuff makes over $10,000 USD a month in user generated donations for his videos. 

You might like to tell us all why Kevin, in your opinion, is scam artist. 

You might also like to publish your name and address.

I stand to be corrected, but it appears to me, that you are a vile practitioner of  culumny and detraction. 

The poster tends to post when topics involve anyone from the UK, comes out with the same bile.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 minutes ago, usviphotography said:

It isn't "begging" it is just the business model of the new media system. When you think about it, it is actually a lot more moral than the legacy system which relies on ad money from mega corporations. If you like the content people make, send them money if you want. If you don't like their stuff or just don't have money to spare, don't. In this system, the content creator is incetivized to please his users, not his advertisers. It helps free us from corporate influence. I've watched a couple of this guy's videos before. He seems to be entertaining enough. That Lindybeige dude from the UK who does military and history related stuff makes over $10,000 USD a month in user generated donations for his videos. 

Nice post, and the only person that has taken an objective view in this whole thread.

The new "Wiki" world of social media is a democratising force, which has been unknown until recently.  It is a totally different business model to what has gone before, and the smart people are the ones that have harnessed it.

I don't know Kevin, I think he is a sham and a self-promoting a$$hole, from what I have learned from others, but if he has cleverly made money from his crass form of entertainment, good luck to him.  It is not for others to judge.

I do think, if he has any self-respect, that he should fund his chosen medical treatment from his own resources, though.  

18 minutes ago, usviphotography said:

Yes, and if you choose to put your life out for everyone to see, you will be criticized. It's part of the game and it's human nature.

But this guy has around 30k subscribers. That's probably around 300 bucks a month. Hardly a successful venture.

Do we really know he has cancer ? He look more like a scam artist to me. 

So if you really want to donate I suggest you visit Kev at the hospital, Bangkok Pattaya Hospital ? Give him the money directly. 

But my guess would be he is not there. 

Finally all cancer can be serious, I am a survivor of testis cancer myself. Not caused by an unhealthy lifestyle. 

Change your diet , eat more veggies and fruits, quit smoking. Take your life seriously instead of begging for money and look like an idiot. 

1 hour ago, Khun Paul said:

POQ he has a really great following.

Archived