Bank Reference Letter ? mai dai?!

Been living here for about 3 years so im no stranger to how thai work ethics and the way they provide a service...

Im setting up bank offshore, i got requested to get a bank reference letter confirming my account is in good standing blablabla, it is a well known thing in the banking world, i guess not here.

no matter how much i pressed, talked to the manager, they simply wont do it, they insist they can only issue something from the system, which is an account confirmation doc...

What the good is having a bank account here if my relationship with the bank cannot be confirmed on paper, this is a normal request from a financial institution, i felt really stupid arguing to get something as simple as that.

Any advice anyone?

4 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Not quite clear what you want here?

Either try the account confirmation doc or try a different branch (they vary).

Failing which, switch bank.

a lot of venting but also asked for advice, if any of you had to deal with this before ????

2 minutes ago, jpinx said:

Change your bank, rinse, repeat to avoid further headaches ????

im being asked for a bank reference letter with a bank i have a relationship of 2 years minimum, so changing bank isnt a good option.

8 minutes ago, Doronazl said:

im being asked for a bank reference letter with a bank i have a relationship of 2 years minimum, so changing bank isnt a good option.

Ask the person asking for the reference letter what he wants it to say, then find a way to comply, or change banks

On 3/11/2019 at 11:10 PM, Doronazl said:

no matter how much i pressed, talked to the manager, they simply wont do it, they insist they can only issue something from the system, which is an account confirmation doc...

Did you try the account confirmation document?

I got a “reference letter” from Krungthai which basically just said that “the person has maintained an account with us for n years and the current balance is in the low/high n digits … any assistance you can render this person will be appreciated … this information is given without any responsibility on the part of this bank”.

On 3/15/2019 at 9:15 PM, lkn said:

Did you try the account confirmation document?

I got a “reference letter” from Krungthai which basically just said that “the person has maintained an account with us for n years and the current balance is in the low/high n digits … any assistance you can render this person will be appreciated … this information is given without any responsibility on the part of this bank”.

Right.  The reference letter is the confirmation letter. Same thing. 

Archived