Health / Accident insurance for under 20K baht per year?

punchandjudy

Hey guys,

Firstly, I spent last night searching through old posts already on this topic.

I saw insurance comparison websites in English language such as Mister Prakan mentioned. However on Mister Prakan, many of the policy details don't load for me.

Questions:

1. Can you please link me to any other good price comparison websites for health and accident insurance in Thailand? (English language)

2. Difference between accident and health insurance - at the risk of sounding dumb, please can someone explain the difference?

My limited understanding is if you have an accident eg. Fall off a motorbike, that would be classed as an accident for accident insurance. You would then need to go to hospital which in my mind is health insurance, not accident insurance.

So is accident insurance just the cover for a good ambulance service? Sorry, I come from a country that has a National Health Service which explains why I know little about health insurance.

3. How much do you pay for your insurance? Have you had to use it?

Thank you Thai Visa members.

3 hours ago, punchandjudy said:

Firstly, I spent last night searching through old posts already on this topic.

So have you read the threads in the Insurance forum? Most of your questions are answered in there.

I posted a reply to someone a few days ago with a comparison list of "Health Insurance" policies with prices from last October. 

Personal Accident insurance will cover you for an accident (fall of a ladder, bitten by animal, etc.) whether you are treated in a hospital as an in or out patient but only to a certain level - many policies available from banks/insurance companies 5-15k baht per year depending on the limits of the policies.

These will not cover you for heart attacks/cancer etc etc.

As health insurance costs are relatively high many people opt for in patient only cover and some also buy a supplementary PA cover to cover potential out patient visits.

4 hours ago, punchandjudy said:

Difference between accident and health insurance

Accident insurance is at a reasonable price and can be covered by vehicle insurance and voluntary insurance.

Health insurance is expensive and gets more so as you get older in most cases and history. 

You can self-insure yourself in Thailand by paying for hospital treatment.

Archived