Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro or Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro

TSF

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a mi a 2 lite,it does have a headphone jack and expandeble memory.Good size battery and i am very happy with the phone.Bought it at the local IAS store.Did a lot of research before i bouught it,i had a Samsung J5 and gave that one to Ann.

Two happy people over here.

On 3/14/2019 at 7:38 PM, canuckamuck said:

@TSFLet us know if you find the note-7 pro for sale and how much?

Was at the Xiaomi dealer in MBK today. The Note 7 Pro isn't launched in Thailand yet, the agent told me it was actually getting launched at some Bangkok hotel today. So no stock at the moment but they expect to have stock in about a week. As for price he didn't know for sure but guessed around 7000 Bt. I'll be back in Bangkok in 3 weeks to get my flight back to Perth and may well pick one up then. If you're interested you can phone 020011029 in a week and ask about price and availability. At another store I also checked out the Huawei Y9 (2019) priced just under 6k...the camera took some nice test shots...but I just have a feeling the Note 7 Pro will be the best for me.

Was at the Xiaomi dealer in MBK today. The Note 7 Pro isn't launched in Thailand yet, the agent told me it was actually getting launched at some Bangkok hotel today. So no stock at the moment but they expect to have stock in about a week. As for price he didn't know for sure but guessed around 7000 Bt. I'll be back in Bangkok in 3 weeks to get my flight back to Perth and may well pick one up then. If you're interested you can phone 020011029 in a week and ask about price and availability. At another store I also checked out the Huawei Y9 (2019) priced just under 6k...the camera took some nice test shots...but I just have a feeling the Note 7 Pro will be the best for me.
I doubt you will get the note 7 pro for less than 10000B.Its advertised in Oz for about 11000B.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

10 hours ago, gaviny said:

I doubt you will get the note 7 pro for less than 10000B.Its advertised in Oz for about 11000B.

I phoned the store yesterday and the guy told me the Note 7 Pro is not being released in Thailand now. So won't be buying one here. I may end up buying the Note 6 Pro, which is 7K thb.

6 hours ago, gaviny said:

Yes I have the Note 6 Pro and am happy with it .Was going to buy the 7 Pro but not at $500 here in Oz.

I'm flying back to Oz in 2 weeks and will buy a new phone before I go. My short list is the Note 6 Pro, Huawei Y9 (2019), and Samsung M30. All these phones are 6,990 THB. I'd prefer to get the M30, I think I saw one in BKK for 6,990Bt, but I may have made a mistake and the one I saw was the A30, which ain't as good. If I can find the M30, I'll get that, otherwise it's the 6 pro or the Y9.

• 1 month later...
On 3/12/2019 at 4:35 PM, myshem said:

6000 - 8000 is still ok compared to what the idiots pay for the highest specs phones, and especially knowing what these people do with a phone ! 555+

There was a thread earlier that descended into this type of response towards those that chose an airline business class seat over an economy seat.  If one chooses a more expensive phone why does it infuriate those who prefer a cheapo?  I really don't get it.  

On 3/26/2019 at 5:26 AM, TSF said:

I phoned the store yesterday and the guy told me the Note 7 Pro is not being released in Thailand now. So won't be buying one here. I may end up buying the Note 6 Pro, which is 7K thb.

I know this is from 2 months ago but which one did you end up getting?

there was a post on Twitter recently saying that the Note 7 pro would not be released outside of India (and China I guess)

I was waiting for that one too but just went for the Redmi Note 7 128gb instead, I think it was 6770 baht, the 64gb version was 6570 (200 baht less)

lovely phone so far, I didn't like the MiiUI which seems to be somewhat of a clone of what IOS is doing (all the apps on the background with no app locker) so I installed Nova Launcher and that was that.

there's a few weird ads that were popping up on certain apps but you can disable them until they all stop.

I was replacing a Asus Zenfone 3 Laser which I had dropped too many times, still worked fine but seemed to overheat and be quite useless after a few minutes.

this one is much better. the only thing I had issues with so far is the fact that it doesn't take the micro SIM cards, only NANO which mine isn't (I could cut it but can't be bothered to screw it up)

a short trip to DTAC fixed that. just need to find a good phone cover (one comes with it) and a screen cover and then i'll be good.

15 hours ago, kekalot said:

there was a post on Twitter recently saying that the Note 7 pro would not be released outside of India (and China I guess)

I was waiting for that one too but just went for the Redmi Note 7 128gb instead, I think it was 6770 baht, the 64gb version was 6570 (200 baht less)

lovely phone so far, I didn't like the MiiUI which seems to be somewhat of a clone of what IOS is doing (all the apps on the background with no app locker) so I installed Nova Launcher and that was that.

there's a few weird ads that were popping up on certain apps but you can disable them until they all stop.

I was replacing a Asus Zenfone 3 Laser which I had dropped too many times, still worked fine but seemed to overheat and be quite useless after a few minutes.

this one is much better. the only thing I had issues with so far is the fact that it doesn't take the micro SIM cards, only NANO which mine isn't (I could cut it but can't be bothered to screw it up)

a short trip to DTAC fixed that. just need to find a good phone cover (one comes with it) and a screen cover and then i'll be good.

Last month I got a Note 7 from the Xiaomi dealer at MBK. They didn't have the 128gb version, I got the 64gb. Cost was 6570 and I got 300bt VAT refund back at Swampy, so final cost was 6270. It's OK but I'm not madly in love with it. As a phone I prefer my old Huawei as it's smaller size and simple to use. However I'm very impressed with the cameras on the Note 7, which is the only reason I wanted a new phone.

I also had the SIM card issue, I was back in Australia this past month and my Vodafone SIM had a nano size, so no probs there but when I got my DTAC SIM out when I was returning back to Thailand I found I couldn't use it. So I had to carry 2 phones back to Thailand so I could use my DTAC SIM as soon as I arrived. Next day I went to a DTAC store and they changed my number to a nano SIM for me. So all is well now.

As for covers, I use the free plastic cover that came with the phone. Haven't bothered with a screen protector as it's Gorilla Glass 5 and I'm very careful when handling the phone. I did buy a case to wear it on my belt (got one in MBK for 99bt) but it's a bit big. 

20 minutes ago, TSF said:

I also had the SIM card issue, I was back in Australia this past month and my Vodafone SIM had a nano size, so no probs there but when I got my DTAC SIM out when I was returning back to Thailand I found I couldn't use it. So I had to carry 2 phones back to Thailand so I could use my DTAC SIM as soon as I arrived. Next day I went to a DTAC store and they changed my number to a nano SIM for me. So all is well now.

2 minutes and a pair of sissors cures the SIM size problem.

23 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

2 minutes and a pair of sissors cures the SIM size problem.

LOL....I thought about that but didn't want to fck it up, I had to visit DTAC to get a new data deal so wasn't a prob getting it done correctly.

17 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

We got the note 7 as well, it was for my wife, so I haven't used it. She is quite pleased though. 

The size bothers me a bit, OK for a gal who'll keep it in a shoulder bag/purse but it's a tad large for a guy to wear on his belt. But great cameras, since getting the Note 7 I've sold my digital cameras and just just the phone cameras now.

5 hours ago, TSF said:

The size bothers me a bit, OK for a gal who'll keep it in a shoulder bag/purse but it's a tad large for a guy to wear on his belt. But great cameras, since getting the Note 7 I've sold my digital cameras and just just the phone cameras now.

It's no bigger than my Note 5. I keep that in my front trouser pocket and I hardly notice it is there.

4 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

It's no bigger than my Note 5. I keep that in my front trouser pocket and I hardly notice it is there.

Just I'm used to carrying a much smaller phone. The Huawei Y3ii, I'll get used to the Note 7 soon...  ????

23 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Huawei is under 6k now.

I got tired of waiting for the Xiaomi Note 7 pro and debated endlessly between the Huawei Y9 2019 and the Xiaomi Note 7. I like the slightly larger size of the Huawei and the pictures taken with the Huawei shown on internet reviews looked better than the Xiaomi. I like the glass back of the Xiaomi rather than the plastic back of the Huawei. The slightly lower price of the Huawei was not a consideration. In the end, I chose the Huawei because there are now dedicated stores selling Huawei phones, so repair should be very easy if required. I have had it for about a week now and it works very well. My Asus Max Plus that the Huawei replaces has a few features that I liked that seem to be lacking on the Huawei, but perhaps I just haven't activated them correctly. The screen icons do not have individual notifications, and I have to pull down the notification screen from the top to see what e-mails/messages have come. Bit of a pain. I am not sure if it is better or worse that the Xiaomi Note 7 since I haven't tried the Xiaomi, and probably won't. For the price, hard to beat, I think. 

12 hours ago, Fat Prophet said:

I got tired of waiting for the Xiaomi Note 7 pro and debated endlessly between the Huawei Y9 2019 and the Xiaomi Note 7. I like the slightly larger size of the Huawei and the pictures taken with the Huawei shown on internet reviews looked better than the Xiaomi. I like the glass back of the Xiaomi rather than the plastic back of the Huawei. The slightly lower price of the Huawei was not a consideration. In the end, I chose the Huawei because there are now dedicated stores selling Huawei phones, so repair should be very easy if required. I have had it for about a week now and it works very well. My Asus Max Plus that the Huawei replaces has a few features that I liked that seem to be lacking on the Huawei, but perhaps I just haven't activated them correctly. The screen icons do not have individual notifications, and I have to pull down the notification screen from the top to see what e-mails/messages have come. Bit of a pain. I am not sure if it is better or worse that the Xiaomi Note 7 since I haven't tried the Xiaomi, and probably won't. For the price, hard to beat, I think. 

I watched scores of comparison vids on YT, it was mainly cameras I was interested in, both Note 7 and Y9 were top of my list. if I didn't get the Note 7 then it'd been the Y9. Wasn't any big diffs in the cameras. In the vids I watched I slightly preferred the Note 7 cameras, but much of that is subjective. 

On 5/7/2019 at 2:49 PM, kekalot said:

Where about did you buy this? I'm interested in the 128gb model which wasn't available when I bought mine. Also what color did you get. I got black and it's very dull looking. I may sell mine back in Oz next month and buy a 128 in color next trip.

1 hour ago, TSF said:

Where about did you buy this? I'm interested in the 128gb model which wasn't available when I bought mine. Also what color did you get. I got black and it's very dull looking. I may sell mine back in Oz next month and buy a 128 in color next trip.

Lazada have them direct from the Xiaome store.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/xiaomi-redmi-note-7-4128gb-i300658991-s517666077.html

12 hours ago, BritManToo said:

that's right and they shipped very quickly, I ordered at 11:30PM Thursday night and it was delivered on Saturday

I have seen that this model is not available around where I live too, I had found I think 2 of the 64gb ones but.. I don't know why they wouldn't have the 128gb as .. I don't see many people who would say "ohh i'll just save 200 baht and take the 64gb"

even tho you can just buy a memory card for it as well, the great microSD are a bit more than 200 baht ????

had the hardest time to find a screen cover/film locally too, i did find one but the guy didn't let me see it first, it had some black part at the bottom (not unlike the phone which is not 100% screen) and that part was bigger than the already black part (if that makes sense)

anyways it looked okay when he did it but once phone is unlocked you can tell that its blocking about 10-20% of icons on the bottom menu (annoying but hey)

so i went ahead and bought 2 different (and clear) ones off Lazada along with a black case with bumps in the corners

I preferred black personally even if it is dullish

On 5/8/2019 at 4:58 PM, BritManToo said:

Huawei is under 6k now.

On 5/8/2019 at 5:25 PM, TSF said:

Yep, they were prices I saw online, in stores can get better.

Wherabouts are they under 6k?....I checked the Huawei store at terminal 21 Pattaya today Y9 is 6450baht.

Archived