Jordanian father tips his two year old tied to a pram into the sea in Pattaya

webfact

36 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Whilst I do not condone what this guy has done, the question has to asked -

" What drove him to do such a terrible thing to his own little boy ? "

I think to have done such a thing his mind became unhinged, and I am sure the Mother of the child played a part in this

RIP Little Lad Sleep with the Angels.

It doesn't have to be asked. 

Just prosecute the case. 

There is no possible rationalization for what he did. 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jordanian charged with murder after confessing to throwing son into sea: police

By The Nation

effee81fd537eb4f755d6d00c379ae21.jpeg

A Jordanian tourist has reportedly admitted to tying his son to a pram and tipping it along with the toddler into the sea off a pier in South Pattaya.

The body of the 18-month-old boy was found floating in the sea Monday evening. 

Wael Nabil Salman Zureikat, 52, made the confession after being arrested at Suvarnabhumi Airport later the same day, police said.

“Immigration officials noticed that he was acting suspiciously while trying to get a flight out of Thailand. So, we detained him for questioning. That’s when he said he felt stressed out and vengeful when his much younger wife had left him to take care of their baby alone during the couple’s trip to Thailand,” Immigration Bureau chief Pol Lt-General Surachate Hakparn said on Tuesday.

Surachate did not name the suspect’s wife, but said she was just 24 years old. 

Pattaya police revealed that the suspect had been interrogated overnight before making the confession.

“He killed his son, while his wife knew nothing of it,” said Pol Lt-Colonel Piyapong Ainsarn, an inspector in Pattaya’s tourist police.

“He [said he] was worried he may not have had enough money to raise his child. His wife is now grieving. She had never imagined that her husband would kill their own child in such a cold-blooded manner,” Piyapong said, raising the possibility of financial pressure contributing to the Jordanian’s extreme action. 

Speedboat captain Songseen Sunthornchai, who first discovered the body, said that when he saw the child floating in the sea, he had initially though it was a doll. 

“But when I got closer, I could see it was a baby,” he was quoted as saying by The Thaiger.

An autopsy on the toddler suggested the child might have been dead for a few days before his body was found.

An investigation soon led tourist police and immigration officials to Suvarnabhumi Airport, where the Jordanian father was detained.

During his detention, he reportedly admitted to tying the feet of his son to a pram and tipping his child into the sea at Bali Hai pier in the middle of the night “the other day”.

According to a Rak Siam News report, the Jordanian said his wife had told him that if they had a child she would take responsibility for looking after the baby. 

He told police that they had come to Thailand on holiday but all his wife wanted to do was go out on the town all night and leave him alone with their child. 

He said he had become stressed by the situation and decided to kill the child and flee the country.

Police have now charged the Jordanian with premeditated murder. 

Surachate said the man would be prosecuted and receive the appropriate legal punishment in Thailand, before being allowed to return to his home country.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30365662

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-03-12

Personally like to tip him into a pot of liquid... 95 C lard.
I took a pledge when young to not bring more children onto this crowded planet. I have often wished I might adopt a child or two.
This sick pumpkin makes MY blood boil.

With the Thai media and their need for showing gore I thought I had become somewhat desensitized to reading the news over here but <deleted> this guys actions made me feel physically ill. The terror and betrayal he inflicted on that poor toddler is unforgivable. Hopefully all the other prisoners are made aware of his deeds and mete out their own punishment accordingly

1 hour ago, Bill Miller said:

Personally like to tip him into a pot of liquid... 95 C lard.
I took a pledge when young to not bring more children onto this crowded planet. I have often wished I might adopt a child or two.
This sick pumpkin makes MY blood boil.

I understand that feeling, but what he did was monstrous. Punishment that is similarly monstrous doesn't make sense if you're trying to punish being monstrous. Not saying the death penalty per se should be off the table but boiling someone alive? Come on now.

23 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I understand that feeling, but what he did was monstrous. Punishment that is similarly monstrous doesn't make sense if you're trying to punish being monstrous. Not saying the death penalty per se should be off the table but boiling someone alive? Come on now.

You understand that feeling, but...
I do not really support the death penalty, but yes, I think you do understand my little fantasy.
Would I ever act on such? Heck no! I go out of my way to not harm living things, mosquitoes being my one normal exception. Gave up small game hunting over thirty years ago. I have participated in butchering my own meat, but choose not to go down that road anymore.

11 hours ago, Vacuum said:

He won't be alone where he's going...

heartgoes out for the poor boy tied to a pram and must have been struggling for air under the water this specimen needs capital punishment which one of is shot by firing squad or a new one tie him to a chair and put him under water then he will know what its like , an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth comes to mind 

All he had to do was wait for wifey to come home from playing around , let her sleep with baby close and hit the highway back to jordan with a stop off at pattaya for stress relief. Would have been a far better result

This is almost too crazy to believe. 

I know some muslim families can kill family members out of honor, but this is something else.   

What are Jordanian laws when it comes to murder?  I had to Google it. 

Death penalty in Jordan
Capital punishment is a legal penalty in Jordan. The country had a moratorium on capital punishment between 2006 and 2014. 11 executions were performed in 2015, and 15 executions were performed in 2017. The method of execution is hanging, previously shooting was the sole method.

-------------------

We can only hope he will be hanged in his own country. 

From Jordanian "Roya News":
"The accused will be charged under Section 289 of Thailand's penal code for "intentional killing" of a child, and if he was found guilty, he will be sentenced to death penalty."
If he somehow escapes that fate and gets sent back to Jordan, the current manner of execution there is death by hanging.

14 hours ago, Miss Pickle said:

They should do the same to him how could any man do this to his own child.One thing for sure his wife won’t be Jordanian she wouldn’t dare go out on the town just not in there culture.Maybe a Thai wife he has brought back for a visit. He looks like a old man I have seen many of them shuffling around Pattaya with the young Thai wife or girlfriend half of them look like they should be pushing a zimmer never mind a buggy.Very sad story.

i think she is thai as well for the same reason

So... was the mother Thai or Jordanian? She was only 24 yrs old& he was old enough to be her father- or grandfather. And did they live together for two years after the child was born? There are some details missing ( beyond the gore),

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

On 3/12/2019 at 9:10 AM, Basil B said:

So where is the mother? why has she not reported her son missing?

Still out on the town or should they be looking for another body???

In Jordan women and children don't have any rights, we all know why

After reading this tragic story I was left wondering the same as everyone else... why such little info about the wife!? My Thai wife was reading the same story in the Thai news and guess what.... no information about the wife!!! I think it is pretty certain that the wife is of Thai nationality and for this reason the press either feel obliged (or instructed to) withhold any info about her as it reflects badly on the LOS.

Archived