BANGKOK
webfact

Motorbike driver killed after SUV runs red light in Koh Kaew, Phuket

Motorbike driver killed after SUV runs red light in Koh Kaew, Phuket

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

DSC_4416.jpg

A motorbike driver has died after he collided with an SUV that ran a red light in Koh Kaew last night.

The Phuket City Police report that they were notified of the incident at 8pm at a Koh Kaew intersection.

Police and emergency responders arrived to find a motorbike stuck in front of an SUV. The motorbike driver was taken to Mission Hospital Phuket where he was pronounced dead.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/motorbike-driver-killed-after-suv-runs-red-light-in-koh-kaew-phuket

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-03-12

It's getting worse almost by the day here in the Big Mango. Mental.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mercman24 said:

i have said this before but worth repeating if you are on a scooter/motorbike, wait 2 seconds, as you can gaurantee the Thais (and there will be many of them) will jump the red light, in so doing they will have the accident and not you, simples, you can then ride round the carnage and continue on your merry way, works for me, ha, ha.

I've seen many do as you say, but have been taken out from behind as they sit still...

• Like 1

Not motorbike running red light? Normally bikes here like to take the chance a few secs before light turns green, assuming all cars will stop during yellow light.

They dont even wait until they change at some lights near me, if it's clear they go

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, shady86 said:

Normally bikes here like to take the chance a few secs before light turns green, assuming all cars will stop during yellow light.

Actually they're watching the lights from the crossing road. When they get a red, the bikes start moving.

Edited by Vacuum
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mercman24 said:

i have said this before but worth repeating if you are on a scooter/motorbike, wait 2 seconds, as you can gaurantee the Thais (and there will be many of them) will jump the red light, in so doing they will have the accident and not you, simples, you can then ride round the carnage and continue on your merry way, works for me, ha, ha.

I do that all the time, I never ever start quickly when the light goes to green I look first.

• Like 1

Traffic laws in most cases are not enforced. Can't count the times vehicles run a red light. They know the Police are either not around or too lazy to enforce the law.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, keith101 said:

I see Thai drivers every time i go out running red lights from motorbikes to trucks the just dont want to wait or there on the mobile .

But never a farang?? 

Obviously you have never been to Pattaya.

Edited by emptypockets
  • Like 1