Wrightia religiosa - Mok โมก - small roots ? in pot ? attracts mosquito ? needs lots of sun ?

hello, do you know this plant ? Wrightia religiosa - Mok โมก

Do you know if it has small roots and can be kept in pots ? does it attract mosquitos ? needs lots of sun ?

They seem interesting as they smell good and cost around 100 thb.

Wrightia religiosa - Mok โมก - 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrightia_religiosa
https://www.google.com/search?q=Wrightia+religiosa

Thanks for your experience with this beauty ❤️

Edited by myshem
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, plfomylo said:

hi, anybody knows if these plants need a lot of water ?

Leaves are turning yellow, could it be lack of water ?

how often to you water these plants ?

thank you.

If in pots, water daily during hot dry season, but depends on potting soil porosity and ability to hold soil moisture. 

In the ground, water two or three times a week, unless you have built good mineralized soil with high organic matter content, and you apply a layer of mulch, then you may get away with only once a week. Again it depends on the soil and the drainage and exposure to drying effects of sun and wind.  

Chlorosis (yellowing) can be from a nitrogen deficiency, but can also be sulfur deficiency and/or other nutrients.

A porous soil and overwatering will leach important minerals and deplete them rapidly. 

Inadequate watering will not provide enough soil moisture to facilitate uptake of nutrients. 

It depends on how important it is to you and your budget, and resources available. If mine, I would evaluate the soil and try to get it right, repotting with a better blend if necessary. I avoid high NPK chemical fertilizers and use COF (complete organic fertilizer), compost, aged or composted manures, bat guano, worm castings, to enrich the nutrient density. I use a soil moisture meter to help take the guess work out of watering. 

20170115_140633.jpg

IMG_20171211_141345.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...