British motorcyclist dies in Rawai crash

Jonathan Fairfield

British motorcyclist dies in Rawai crash
By Waranya Prompinpiras

p1.jpg

PHUKET: A 70-year-old British man has died after his motorbike hit a pickup truck in Rawai yesterday afternoon (Mar 11).

The accident happened at about 1:55pm on Saiyuan Rd where police arrived shortly afterwards to find a black Honda motorbike lying on the side of the road with its driver, a 70-year-old British man, lying face down on the road unconscious.

Lt Jaruwit Khuncharoen of Chalong Police told The Phuket News, “The driver of the pickup truck, Wuttichai Muangmeesri, 27, was waiting at the scene when we arrived.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/british-motorcyclist-dies-in-rawai-crash-70679.php#7WWbY3QSVsF01FEl.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-03-12

8 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

You couldn't pay me to set foot in Phuket, Pattaya or BKK ever again.  I'll stick to the north, thank you very much. 

kudos for still riding a motorcycle, but wearing denim at 70.  That is questionable.

RIP to the Phuket Brit too, only 2 weeks back we lost a 44 yo Swede in a motorcycle accident here in Wichian.

3 minutes ago, phutoie2 said:

kudos for still riding a motorcycle, but wearing denim at 70.  That is questionable.

RIP to the Phuket Brit too, only 2 weeks back we lost a 44 yo Swede in a motorcycle accident here in Wichian.

Why is it questionable if just going to 7-11 3klm away?  When I take my road trips, I'm still wearing comfortable jeans, but over them serious shin guards, "combat boots", and some serious protective gloves, along with the upper body armor. 

Why is it questionable if just going to 7-11 3klm away?  When I take my road trips, I'm still wearing comfortable jeans, but over them serious shin guards, "combat boots", and some serious protective gloves, along with the upper body armor. 
I've got black Kevlar lined jeans, have inserts for knee and thigh armour, made by Red Route. Spot on.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, Just1Voice said:

Questionable as a ‘style choice’ for a 70 y/o - clearly a tongue in cheek comment. 

1 hour ago, phutoie2 said:

????What should a 70 yr old wear when riding his cycle? Jeans are for all ages, genders, sizes,  income, & nationalities. ( Wearing Speedos- that is a different topic.)

I just turned 87 and hit 150 kph on my big bike yesterday.  I was asleep, but a nice driver next to me took a video.  Boy, they made a big deal out of it, but nobody died.  Well, I didn't die.  Caused 183 accidents, so they told me.  I can still catch a fly....superman reflexes.  I weave in and out of traffic at 200 kph......

2 hours ago, madmen said:

I guess Somchai wasn't off his face on yaba or 3 times over the limit so he hung around. Dont see that often.

70 isnt so bad to check out. RIP

Have you read the article?

Pickup started turning right.

Biker overtaking where forbidden.

Overtaking forbidden 60 m before every crossing/T-junction for good reason.

And usually clearly marked with sign and solid line from that distance.

47 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

respect to you but a BIG bike is my HONDA FIREBLADE 1000rr

You beat me to it. My girl drives only a 300. The bigger ones is to high for a 148 cm lady???? . And a bit too heavy.There is no age limit on driving anything though. Once a biker always a biker.  

1 hour ago, puukao said:

I just turned 87 and hit 150 kph on my big bike yesterday.  I was asleep, but a nice driver next to me took a video.  Boy, they made a big deal out of it, but nobody died.  Well, I didn't die.  Caused 183 accidents, so they told me.  I can still catch a fly....superman reflexes.  I weave in and out of traffic at 200 kph......

Hard to believe.

12 hours ago, puukao said:

You remind me of my bus driver grandfather. He died peacefully in his sleep. The same couldn't be said for his passengers.

14 hours ago, madmen said:

I guess Somchai wasn't off his face on yaba or 3 times over the limit so he hung around. Dont see that often.

70 isnt so bad to check out. RIP

70 isnt so bad you must be joking. See how you feel when 69. Average is 78 but really now nearer 80. I bloody hope so. Im almost 66 but feel 16 with aches and a few pains. 

Archived