British motorcyclist dies in Rawai crash

Jonathan Fairfield

15 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

I'm 70 and still riding my CB300f and 300cc Forza

12507671_10207704150029032_3572809110852426914_n[1].jpg

28795661_10214550146174657_250155894799597568_n[1].jpg

Good on you - ride safely and enjoy.

BUT 300cc is hardly a "big bike" (maybe by local standards considering the roads and idiot drivers, but not in the world of m/cycling). ????

The first motorbike I owned, as a 16 year old, was a 650cc and never owned a smaller one for the next 50+ years. Given them away now, odds are not in my favour anymore. The 'Bell Curve' comes to mind. ????

15 hours ago, johng said:

There are old bikers and bold bikers but not many old bold bikers.
R.I.P

What would be interesting whos fault? Who hit who. I would sooner trust a 70 year person that a thai any day. I hope they check cameras. I drive scooter with my hands on both brakes all the time.      R. I. P. Matey. 

17 hours ago, Richard Kuklinski said:

70 years of age and still on a big bike. 

Interesting. 

Looks like a 150cc model... not really classed as a big bike but big enough to get into trouble with!

But then again you can trip, fall down the stairs & break your neck so.... do what you enjoy & go out with a smile !

RIP fella.

I really don't understand those kind of people :

Would not drive a scooter in UK. But then in old age he does it here? Because it's sooo safe here?

Why so many old men get so stupid when getting older? The heat drains the brain? 

Why not buy a car? Just for safety reasons? 

He would be still alive. 

RIP 

Too bad not video footage but was stated "two trucks behind driver and slowed down to turn right" now question is how quickly did he slow down and did he signal?  This sounds a lot to me like a situation where vehicles are lined up a bit and a bike passes them.  It may very well not been the biker's fault as I have seen very few vehicles use signal lights as needed. 

1 hour ago, tlandtday said:

Too bad not video footage but was stated "two trucks behind driver and slowed down to turn right" now question is how quickly did he slow down and did he signal?  This sounds a lot to me like a situation where vehicles are lined up a bit and a bike passes them.  It may very well not been the biker's fault as I have seen very few vehicles use signal lights as needed. 

Could be, but in that case the prudent way to overtake would have been on the left hand side, not right.

On 3/13/2019 at 12:46 PM, Denim said:

Yea , but has it got a basket on the front for the beer ?

Huh? Drink it b4 you get on the bike - so many do. You feel less pain when you can off. ????

(facetious)

On 3/13/2019 at 5:32 AM, sawadee1947 said:

I really don't understand those kind of people :

Would not drive a scooter in UK. But then in old age he does it here? Because it's sooo safe here?

Why so many old men get so stupid when getting older? The heat drains the brain? 

Why not buy a car? Just for safety reasons? 

He would be still alive. 

RIP 

What kind of people? I've had a bike since I was 11, have a ZX9 in the UK and an ER6 in Thailand. I raced bikes when I was younger and generally have been around bikes all my life.  I still ride to the limit but do so safely. Without appearing arrogant, I am almost certainly a better rider than most others half my age. I've a way to go until I'm 70 but I will stop riding when I can no longer get my leg over the saddle - not when some brain-dead ageist thinks I should.

As for the other guy who commented on older guys wearing denim - I've worn jeans all my life, should I now go out and buy some 'slacks' because you think I shouldn't be wearing denim? Sorry for not fitting your pathetic stereotype.

12 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

What kind of people? I've had a bike since I was 11, have a ZX9 in the UK and an ER6 in Thailand. I raced bikes when I was younger and generally have been around bikes all my life.  I still ride to the limit but do so safely. Without appearing arrogant, I am almost certainly a better rider than most others half my age. I've a way to go until I'm 70 but I will stop riding when I can no longer get my leg over the saddle - not when some brain-dead ageist thinks I should.

As for the other guy who commented on older guys wearing denim - I've worn jeans all my life, should I now go out and buy some 'slacks' because you think I shouldn't be wearing denim? Sorry for not fitting your pathetic stereotype.

Exactly I mean you when talking about "those".

Overestimating themselves and a kind of arrogance. 

On 3/12/2019 at 7:52 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Questionable as a ‘style choice’ for a 70 y/o - clearly a tongue in cheek comment. 

well done Mr Smith, clearly someone who is able read between the lines. My comment had little to do with motorcycle attire, more the the flak the indomitable JC had to take on Top Gear for wearing jeans at 53yo.

Archived