Jump to content
BANGKOK 19 March 2019 03:21
Jonathan Fairfield

British motorcyclist dies in Rawai crash

Recommended Posts

Too bad not video footage but was stated "two trucks behind driver and slowed down to turn right" now question is how quickly did he slow down and did he signal?  This sounds a lot to me like a situation where vehicles are lined up a bit and a bike passes them.  It may very well not been the biker's fault as I have seen very few vehicles use signal lights as needed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tlandtday said:

Too bad not video footage but was stated "two trucks behind driver and slowed down to turn right" now question is how quickly did he slow down and did he signal?  This sounds a lot to me like a situation where vehicles are lined up a bit and a bike passes them.  It may very well not been the biker's fault as I have seen very few vehicles use signal lights as needed. 

Could be, but in that case the prudent way to overtake would have been on the left hand side, not right.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2019 at 12:46 PM, Denim said:

 

Yea , but has it got a basket on the front for the beer ?

Huh? Drink it b4 you get on the bike - so many do. You feel less pain when you can off. 😟

 

(facetious)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2019 at 5:32 AM, sawadee1947 said:

I really don't understand those kind of people :

Would not drive a scooter in UK. But then in old age he does it here? Because it's sooo safe here?

Why so many old men get so stupid when getting older? The heat drains the brain? 

Why not buy a car? Just for safety reasons? 

He would be still alive. 

RIP 

What kind of people? I've had a bike since I was 11, have a ZX9 in the UK and an ER6 in Thailand. I raced bikes when I was younger and generally have been around bikes all my life.  I still ride to the limit but do so safely. Without appearing arrogant, I am almost certainly a better rider than most others half my age. I've a way to go until I'm 70 but I will stop riding when I can no longer get my leg over the saddle - not when some brain-dead ageist thinks I should.

 

As for the other guy who commented on older guys wearing denim - I've worn jeans all my life, should I now go out and buy some 'slacks' because you think I shouldn't be wearing denim? Sorry for not fitting your pathetic stereotype.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

What kind of people? I've had a bike since I was 11, have a ZX9 in the UK and an ER6 in Thailand. I raced bikes when I was younger and generally have been around bikes all my life.  I still ride to the limit but do so safely. Without appearing arrogant, I am almost certainly a better rider than most others half my age. I've a way to go until I'm 70 but I will stop riding when I can no longer get my leg over the saddle - not when some brain-dead ageist thinks I should.

 

As for the other guy who commented on older guys wearing denim - I've worn jeans all my life, should I now go out and buy some 'slacks' because you think I shouldn't be wearing denim? Sorry for not fitting your pathetic stereotype.

Exactly I mean you when talking about "those".

Overestimating themselves and a kind of arrogance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2019 at 9:36 AM, smotherb said:

I am 74 and ride a 1584cc Harley. You don't have to stop living because you age, just do what you still can.

......so, your mid-life crisis has been going on for decades then.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

......so, your mid-life crisis has been going on for decades then.

Riding motorcycles, my mid-life crisis? Hardly, I am still undecided about what I want to be. I have been riding motorcycles since I was 10 years old.  You see, not everyone can be lumped into the quaint little slots of the common man.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smotherb said:

Riding motorcycles, my mid-life crisis? Hardly, I am still undecided about what I want to be. I have been riding motorcycles since I was 10 years old.  You see, not everyone can be lumped into the quaint little slots of the common man.

Not riding motorcycles per se; the Harley. It's a cliche that they are bought by middle-aged men who want to look like "rebels". You ride with a leather vest, black T-shirt, jeans and colours......maybe a bandanna? Wallet on a chain? Chunky rings?

Edited by Joe Mcseismic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

Exactly I mean you when talking about "those".

Overestimating themselves and a kind of arrogance. 

Complete crap!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KhaoYai said:

Complete crap! You cannot generalise - some at 70 may be on their last legs, others fit and healthy. The world has changed whilst you've been sleeping - life expectancy is much longer.  If I overestimated my capabilities I think I'd find out the hard way.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Complete crap!

Don't judge yourself like that. You're mommy's little boy. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

 

Yeah, no risk no fun. Brain is only an obstacle, avoid to use it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2019 at 7:52 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Questionable as a ‘style choice’ for a 70 y/o - clearly a tongue in cheek comment. 

 

 

well done Mr Smith, clearly someone who is able read between the lines. My comment had little to do with motorcycle attire, more the the flak the indomitable JC had to take on Top Gear for wearing jeans at 53yo.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...