Elderly monk charged with rape of a pre-schooler

snoop1130

Elderly monk charged with rape of a pre-schooler

By Kornkamon Aksorndech 
The Nation

138c62ca544eee15b96a604e14bda36a.jpeg

A 74-year-old monk was arrested on Tuesday morning in Kanchanaburi’s Muang district and charged with raping a four-year-old girl on several occasions in 2016.

Phra Ther Kongkwamdee was arrested in front of Paholpolpayuhasena Hospital at 11am after a warrant was issued nearly two years ago – in May 2017 – by Thong Pha Phum Provincial Court on charges of raping a girl under 13 and taking away a minor under 15 from her parents for a lewd act. 

Told of the charges facing him, the monk refused to answer any questions and police later took him to be disrobed at a nearby temple before passing him over to the Sangkha Buri district police.

The alleged crimes were committed between November 15 and December 22, 2016 at the Deng Khuthu Monastery in Tambon Nonglu. 

Phra Ther was then living at the monastery and the four-year-old girl, who lived nearby, would often go to play while her poor parents were at work. 

It is alleged that Phra Ther used the opportunity of having the girl alone to rape her on various occasions before the girl’s father, noticing her mood changes, spoke to her and she told him what had happened. 

The father filed a police complaint and Phra Ther fled to an unknown location. 

A police inquiry team led by Pol Major Jetnipat Siriwat kept trying to track him down and they were finally able to locate him at Wat Khaolan Thammaram in Tambon Pak Phraek and were able to make the arrest.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30365667

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-03-12

10 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

A 74-year-old monk was arrested on Tuesday morning in Kanchanaburi’s Muang district and charged with raping a four-year-old girl on several occasions in 2016.

<deleted> me, the crimes appear to be getting more heinous each day.

If convicted, there is only one thing for this evil man, and it isn't life.

image.png.262756c25262beea38b9cadf3423108e.png

It scares the hell out of me when I hear thai people leaving their kids overnight at the local temples. I know you shouldn’t tar everyone with the same brush but when you hear events like this you just wonder who is next.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

5 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

It scares the hell out of me when I hear thai people leaving their kids overnight at the local temples. I know you shouldn’t tar everyone with the same brush but when you hear events like this you just wonder who is next.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

It's not only in Thailand. Some mums allow their children to stay in the room of a 'star'.

20 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

The father filed a police complaint and Phra Ther fled to an unknown location. 

Wonder if the police told him to report to the station,as they do,

giving him the chance to bugger off.no bail i hope,he needs to die

in prison.

regards worgeordie

Best not to let kids out of your sight. But I have tremendous sympathy for poor folk that have to toil away in a field and hope and pray that the people watching the kids are decent human beings. There’s a lot of kind people in the world, but also some psychopaths, sadists and perverts.

14 hours ago, brokenbone said:

i think brain suffer malfunction on old people,

theres no other explanation

Old people? Can you imagine how many poor kids he has abused in his long life?

Let’s call him at least SEXUAL PREDATOR.

Death penalty!

13 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Best not to let kids out of your sight. But I have tremendous sympathy for poor folk that have to toil away in a field and hope and pray that the people watching the kids are decent human beings. There’s a lot of kind people in the world, but also some psychopaths, sadists and perverts.

Many of which in Thailand go to stay in a temple to make merit to pay for their past sins....

I lost all respect for Thai temples a long time ago.... the corruption & mis-behaviour is quite staggering !

I now view them as money making machines and indoctrination centres !

My personal view.. 

"Naked Men in Orange Robes". Personally, I think this adds to the perversion problem. There "bits" are just too easily excited with no inner layer to keep them flaccid.

But, with that said, how do I explain the similar perversions that keep surfacing in other "religions" around the world !

May the little girl recover from her trauma.

May the pervert/rapist get what's coming to him.

2 hours ago, ross163103 said:

Arrest warrant issued two years ago and they just now caught him?! Hmmmmm

Perhaps they need to start a 90-day reporting requirement for monks that BJ and Co. could enforce...

At least that way, it hopefully wouldn't take two years for the police to find an elderly criminal such as this one, and all the others.

Some disturbing aspects to this story.

It took the police six months to issue an arrest warrant and then about two years to find a frail looking 74 year old ?

The monk has not been before the Courts and found guilty of any charges but has been disrobed (I can probably accept that) but TV have published an uncensored photo of this man who at this time can be presumed innocent.

I have seen many TV photos where an offender who admits his guilt to police for less serious charges and have there identity concealed. I certainly hope that if this man is found guilty of these charges he spends the remainder of his life in prison.

Thai Visa, What is your policy on such matters ?

Archived