Jump to content
BANGKOK
arfandy

Recommendation for prepaid Internet simcard 3 or 6 months validity

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

 

do you have any recommendation as to what simcard is best for 3 months stay, mostly will be used for heavy Internet (streaming, uploading files, backup data to cloud, youtubing, but no download torrent), signal 3G or 4G covers all Thailand? (mostly in Northern part)

 

I remember reading there was one or two companies that give good Internet packages, i think it costs around 1.200 - 2000 baht for unlimited Internet 1 year per single simcard but i cant remember what are the names. Just pay one time for the simcard and no need to worry about topup or monthly re-subscribe for Internet package, neither worry about being excessive usage of data throughout validity (in my case i just need at most 3 months).

 

and where or how do i get such simcard? through lazada Thailand? Do i need to activate the simcard by taking it to the service center?

 

Do i better to buy a mifi or wifi-tethering device so all family members who travel with me can connect to it and use it? I dont think it is good idea to buy 4-5 simcards just for entire family, does it? Maybe i'll buy 2 simcards, because i'll need one for daily phone calls.

 

Your advices and inputs are greately appreciated.

 

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This is good for a whole year at 4mbps... Not fast but good enough for YouTube streaming (assuming your getting good reception)... Not sure it would be fast enough in a hotspot that multiple (family) users... But my partner has one in his phone and I can tether my iPad to it while he is also using data and it seems fine.... 

 

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/true-sim-true-4g-4mbps-1-i150162082-s174885100.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.4.42ac78e6sJkgNd&search=1

 

Once the sim comes in the mail just take it to a True store with your phone and passport and they will activate... You can add funds to make calls...

Edited by sfokevin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

This is good for a whole year at 4mbps... Not fast but good enough for YouTube streaming (assuming your getting good reception)... Not sure it would be fast enough in a hotspot that multiple (family) users... But my partner has one in his phone and I can tether my iPad to it while he is also using data and it seems fine.... 

 

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/true-sim-true-4g-4mbps-1-i150162082-s174885100.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.4.42ac78e6sJkgNd&search=1

 

Once the sim comes in the mail just take it to a True store with your phone and passport and they will activate... You can add funds to make calls...

 

This one should work, but at only 0.5 MB/s, the OP should try to manage his expectations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, JamJar said:

 

This one should work, but at only 0.5 MB/s, the OP should try to manage his expectations.

The stated rate on the True sim is 4MB/s... That being said multiple people trying to stream video or audio on any wireless plan would probably not work...

 

9FDF33BC-D9D4-4FD6-AEEE-2AD5745430AE.jpeg

Edited by sfokevin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, JamJar said:

 

Erm...no.

 

It's a two month and five day SIM, as it expires on the 17th of May 2019.

I believe it just must be activated before May 17th... Then you get the full 4 months

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sfokevin said:

The stated rate on the True sim is 4MB/s... That being said multiple people trying to stream video or audio on any wireless plan would probably not work...

 

9FDF33BC-D9D4-4FD6-AEEE-2AD5745430AE.jpeg

 

 

Wrong again. 🙂

 

It states 4 Mbps which is equal to 0.5 MB/s....and of course you can stream video and audio with that bandwidth. 

Edited by JamJar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

I believe it just must be activated before May 17th... Then you get the full 4 months

 

You really need to pay attention.....rather than just making things up on the spot to fit your beliefs.

I know you are trying to be helpful.

 

1.jpg.3b28dd0674589adb65cf61f270133b63.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...