BANGKOK 17 July 2019 17:54
Thaivisa Web Content Team

The "Trashtag Challenge" Is A Wonderful Viral Trend That Has People Picking Up Trash Everywhere

Hashtag challenges are as varied as they are weird, but some can actually be wonderful.

Over the weekend, one called the “Trashtag Challenge” went viral. The challenge consists of before pictures of areas full of litter and trash heaps and after pictures of what they look like cleaned up. People then share the photos on social media with the hashtag #trashtag.

The tag now has several people all over the world on Instagram, Reddit, and Twitter sharing photos bagging trash and cleaning up litter.

The initial trend started in 2015 when an outdoor lighting company called UCO created the hashtag to encourage people to pick up after themselves while out in the wilderness.

The current tag features people cleaning trash on roadsides...beaches...and even while on vacation.

Many of the before and after pics show quite a difference.

Full article

Won't catch on on Thailand.

The opposite might though.

Go camping in a national park and take a before and after shot. The one who walks away from the most trash is the winner.

• Haha 1

I would like to see the pictures of the trash posted of travel websites under. The Thailand reality. Enough of the photoshopped Pattaya beaches pictures and being compared (as equal) South Beach Miami. :coffee1:

We can only hope it catches on, Thais as a people are very prideful people, and maybe shame has some how fell upon them. 

Like us all they respond accordingly, I hope. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jinjo said:

We can only hope it catches on, Thais as a people are very prideful people, and maybe shame has some how fell upon them. 

Like us all they respond accordingly, I hope. 

Just for S&G Im putting a bag and rubber gloves in my Murse and maybe Ill pick up some trash later.