Police ignoring motorbikes illegally using Pattaya tunnel

webfact

13 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

So you need a high a speed bike / Cubic, to over take other vehicles safely.

:cheesy::giggle::cheesy:..

Actually yes, I was passing a large truck on my PCX150 yesterday and the lack of top end grunt made for a little increase in heart rate as oncoming traffic appeared a bit sooner than I would have liked....No I wasn't overtaking on a blind bend!!

2 minutes ago, gmac said:

Actually yes, I was passing a large truck on my PCX150 yesterday and the lack of top end grunt made for a little increase in heart rate as oncoming traffic appeared a bit sooner than I would have liked....No I wasn't overtaking on a blind bend!!

Maybe you should have known the limitations of you bike

and your ability to ride safely.  :coffee1:

18 hours ago, smedly said:

100% agree

It is time Thailand modernised its attitude to roads - default should be all roads open to all vehicles with restrictions on motorways for scooters or motorbikes below 600cc

a far simpler way of doing things

I agree in principal. But 600 cc ??? I ride a Yamaha Aerox 155 cc & no slouch. There's plenty of 250's out there that will outrun most cars. But as someone posted, what's in it for the establishment to introduce change ?

20 minutes ago, malt25 said:

You really think any BIB's could ever run that fast ????

Certainly NOT the overweight ones! They're the ones always involved in Police "crackdowns", bought about by sitting around on their butts! ????

1 hour ago, stanleycoin said:

Yes i do. been riding bikes for 49 years.

started at 9 years old, racing them at 13. so i have very little experience !!!!!!!!!!! :cheesy:

I can over take cars and bikes on my supper powerful  125 Honda wave with the shopping basket on the front, with ease,   I also go past the big bike boys in the traffic jams, :giggle:

Maybe you need to improve your riding ability or get a smaller bike. 

Ps do you make vroom vroom noises at the traffic lights, before waking the throttle open to sprint to the next set of lights or traffic jam 300 yards up the road ? :giggle: :sorry:

Big bikes in Thailand are just for posing on. 

no power requires a flying start for timely overtaking,

power does not, you are childish and either trolling or clueless. your honda dream does not hold a candle in speeds above 100 km/hour with regards to acceleration,

except in your dreams.

i did have a 2 stroke which i modded carburetor on

ages ago so i know you can squeeze them,

but eventually they run out of juice at speed,

and are in any case a hazard both susceptible to

side winds and a sudden flat tire, in which case its game over

12 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Maybe police would be more active if there was a mandatory minimum number of leys say 15 fines a week for each cop to write out..

Hence why standing on Beach Rd pulling over tourists is more favoured. 

9 hours ago, tonboy said:

1. there is in this case no emergency lane, if a motorbike breaks down in the tunnel, it creates unsuspected problems. If a car is breaking down you will see it, because its much bigger
2. Motorbikes create much more polution with their primitive engines (lots of them are 2-stroke)  than the fine-tuned and highly optimized car-engine 

1) much easier to move a motorbike then a car. So that is actually an issue against using cars. Thanks for making my case for me. 

2) I guess you either havent been in Thailand for a long time or are in general as stupid about engines as me. However since a long time now there are no two strokes anymore. They are a minority. Motorbikes are far less polluting then cars. So Again you have no clue what your talking about. (talking about the normal 4 strokes that in general burn 1/4th of what a car burns in fuel)

35 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

no power requires a flying start for timely overtaking,

power does not, you are childish and either trolling or clueless. your honda dream does not hold a candle in speeds above 100 km/hour with regards to acceleration,

except in your dreams.

i did have a 2 stroke which i modded carburetor on

ages ago so i know you can squeeze them,

but eventually they run out of juice at speed,

and are in any case a hazard both susceptible to

side winds and a sudden flat tire, in which case its game over

Ok mate, 

Big bikes in Thailand are for posers, 

You can't trust what somchai is going do,  in front, behind, to the side of you. so high speed is out the question, on the roads here on bikes.

unless your stupid or a true poser.

I will stick with the Honda 125 wave around pattaya.

it looks more fitting than,  the people who look like,  rejects from a village people movie. :giggle:

7 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

More elitism?

maybe, but i have been out and about with them

and i had to man up to keep up,

i had no idea they were driving that fast, accelerate that hard,

and take over in such an aggressive fashion,

i was falling behind until i accepted that death is just

path of life, one that we must all take, live and let die and vise versa, entirely put out of my comfort zone altogether

3 hours ago, malt25 said:

I agree in principal. But 600 cc ??? I ride a Yamaha Aerox 155 cc & no slouch. There's plenty of 250's out there that will outrun most cars. But as someone posted, what's in it for the establishment to introduce change ?

your Yamaha Aerox 155 might seem quick to you but I assure you it isn't 

Plus, put a 90kilo passenger on the back of anything you mention and see how that works out

10 minutes ago, smedly said:

your Yamaha Aerox 155 might seem quick to you but I assure you it isn't 

Plus, put a 90kilo passenger on the back of anything you mention and see how that works out

If anyone has a 90 kilo Wife / Girlfriend, you need to get a new one.

or just feed her water only for a month or two . :giggle:

I have full MC licences here and at home and I choose not to ride here.   If they can ride a conventional two or three wheel MC on the streets in Pattaya with or without a pillion, I fail to see what EXTRA harm they could get up to in a few hundred meters of tunnel.  I agree that mobile food shops on a side car should probably stay out.  Mainly because they will breathe too much dirty air down there in their extra traverse time.

18 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

Mainly because they will breathe too much dirty air down there in their extra traverse time.

I thought that might be the reason why bikes are banned. In the event that the fans stop working, ie in 6 months while the maintenance crew are getting drunk on the contract money. Bikers might be flaking out midway from carbon monoxide poisoning. Can I go through in scuba gear?

On 3/13/2019 at 11:58 AM, robblok said:

They are speeding.. so they are going fast enough not to stop traffic. I don't see why motor bikes can't use flyovers and tunnels. I can understand them not wanting slow moving food carts (motorbikes) there. However normal motorbikes don't hold up traffic. There is no logic to this. 

Its just Thais being elitist and car drivers wanting more room. 

There should be more people on motorbikes less in cars. Pollution wise its better and traffic wise its better too.  

There should be more people on motorbikes less in cars. Pollution wise its better and traffic wise its better too.  

then you end up with more deaths and people in hospital. how ever could be a good way of getting to population down.

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I thought that might be the reason why bikes are banned. In the event that the fans stop working, ie in 6 months while the maintenance crew are getting drunk on the contract money. Bikers might be flaking out midway from carbon monoxide poisoning. Can I go through in scuba gear?

If you like.  No one is apparently there to stop you. Let me know though.  I want to video it for TVF.

Archived