BANGKOK 19 March 2019 02:21
Sign in to follow this  
webfact

Police ignoring motorbikes illegally using Pattaya tunnel

I have full MC licences here and at home and I choose not to ride here.   If they can ride a conventional two or three wheel MC on the streets in Pattaya with or without a pillion, I fail to see what EXTRA harm they could get up to in a few hundred meters of tunnel.  I agree that mobile food shops on a side car should probably stay out.  Mainly because they will breathe too much dirty air down there in their extra traverse time.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

Mainly because they will breathe too much dirty air down there in their extra traverse time.

I thought that might be the reason why bikes are banned. In the event that the fans stop working, ie in 6 months while the maintenance crew are getting drunk on the contract money. Bikers might be flaking out midway from carbon monoxide poisoning. Can I go through in scuba gear?

Edited by jacko45k

On 3/13/2019 at 11:58 AM, robblok said:

They are speeding.. so they are going fast enough not to stop traffic. I don't see why motor bikes can't use flyovers and tunnels. I can understand them not wanting slow moving food carts (motorbikes) there. However normal motorbikes don't hold up traffic. There is no logic to this. 

Its just Thais being elitist and car drivers wanting more room. 

There should be more people on motorbikes less in cars. Pollution wise its better and traffic wise its better too.  

There should be more people on motorbikes less in cars. Pollution wise its better and traffic wise its better too.  

then you end up with more deaths and people in hospital. how ever could be a good way of getting to population down.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I thought that might be the reason why bikes are banned. In the event that the fans stop working, ie in 6 months while the maintenance crew are getting drunk on the contract money. Bikers might be flaking out midway from carbon monoxide poisoning. Can I go through in scuba gear?

If you like.  No one is apparently there to stop you. Let me know though.  I want to video it for TVF.