Suthep urges Democrat supporters not to vote for the party

webfact

Suthep urges Democrat supporters not to vote for the party

suthep.png

In an apparent escalating verbal attack against Democrat party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva, Ruam Palang Prachachart Thai party founder Suthep Thuagsuban called on supporters of the Democrats not to vote for the party and its candidates in the March 24th general election.

“Do not vote for the Democrats.  Abhisit said he would not support General Prayut’s return as prime minister and would fight against dictatorship.  What Abhisit said was similar to what the Thaksin camp has been saying. Abhisit said he opposed the 2017 Constitution which was the same stance adopted by the Thaksin camp.  It is a pity that they don’t think about Thailand,” said Suthep as he addressed a huge crowd in Tha Chang district of the southern province of Surat Thani, a traditional Democrat stronghold.

The former Democrat secretary-general said he doubted the Democrat party would be able to capture 376 House seats in the election – more than half of the 750 senators and MPs in the parliament – to win the right to form the government.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/suthep-urges-democrat-supporters-not-to-vote-for-the-party/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-03-13

Seems like Prayut has totally failed at any notion of reconciliation. Immediately as soon as campaigning begins the old divisions are still as clear and fresh to see as the day he took power. 

Suthep is being very disingenuous, stating that if abhisit does not support an un-elected (outsider PM) then this is the same as siding with PTP. The idea that the Dems / PTP would join ranks against Prayuts return are highly unlikely - But, if they did then perhaps I would need to amend my earlier a sentence to read, Prayut has spectacularly pulled off reconciliation in Thai politics on a scale never seen or imagined before. 

14 minutes ago, webfact said:

In an apparent escalating verbal attack against Democrat party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva, Ruam Palang Prachachart Thai party founder Suthep Thuagsuban called on supporters of the Democrats not to vote for the party and its candidates in the March 24th general election.

No worries, Suthep,...  Mr. Abhisit is gonna crawl back to you behind your back to save his sorry behind, if things go awry again....

12 minutes ago, jonclark said:

Seems like Prayut has totally failed at any notion of reconciliation. Immediately as soon as campaigning begins the old divisions are still as clear and fresh to see as the day he took power. 

Suthep is being very disingenuous, stating that if abhisit does not support an un-elected (outsider PM) then this is the same as siding with PTP. The idea that the Dems / PTP would join ranks against Prayuts return are highly unlikely - But, if they did then perhaps I would need to amend my earlier a sentence to read, Prayut has spectacularly pulled off reconciliation in Thai politics on a scale never seen or imagined before. 

Suthep is the same like many Thai visa posters, they don't seem to understand you can have a healthy dislike of Thaksin and his minions and dislike the Junta at the same time.

If the democrats don't support Prayut, then it will be a lot harder for him to get in power. Like you I don't see the Democrats joining with PTP just won't happen. 

Real interesting to see what is going to happen, depending on how much votes the parties get. Interesting times ahead. 

My vote (if I could) would still go for future forward. A nice alternative to the PTP and Democrats. Unproven but would be nice if he got loads of votes stealing them from Democracts and PTP alike. 

I just wonder if he would be strong enough to stand up to corruption and blow a coalition up if they got out of line or will he change and become like all others joining the corrupt gravy train.

35 minutes ago, webfact said:

“Do not vote for the Democrats.  Abhisit said he would not support General Prayut’s return as prime minister and would fight against dictatorship."

Well, that certainly opens up a can of worms.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Suthep is the same like many Thai visa posters, they don't seem to understand you can have a healthy dislike of Thaksin and his minions and dislike the Junta at the same time.

If the democrats don't support Prayut, then it will be a lot harder for him to get in power. Like you I don't see the Democrats joining with PTP just won't happen. 

Real interesting to see what is going to happen, depending on how much votes the parties get. Interesting times ahead. 

My vote (if I could) would still go for future forward. A nice alternative to the PTP and Democrats. Unproven but would be nice if he got loads of votes stealing them from Democracts and PTP alike. 

I just wonder if he would be strong enough to stand up to corruption and blow a coalition up if they got out of line or will he change and become like all others joining the corrupt gravy train.

Agree. The best chance for Thailand to try and go forward is if Future Forward can take enough of the votes from the major parties. Hopefully Thai's might wake up to the stupidity voting for the same garbage of all the old parties expecting a different result, or taking a chance on the new kids on the block. 

Nothing ventured nothing gained if they are strong enough to take a moral stand to a coalition party as if not given a chance then its more of the past. Hopefully they do take a coalition partner guaranteed chunk of the vote. 

6 minutes ago, The Old Bull said:

Why isn't Suthep in jail ?

Because it's Thailand.

Illegal mushroom pickers locked up for years.

Insurgents from the right fraction walking free and having a loud mouth.

I have no words to properly express how much I loathe this man.

He is an unscrupulous schemer resorting to foul-mouthed rhetoric whenever it serves his malodorous agendas; a corrupt swine of the vilest sort who should've been jailed and put out of commission decades ago; a scoundrel with no morals and even less integrity who without hesitation would walk over corpses to achieve his nefarious goals.

Oh... alright... apparently I DO have the proper words. 

17 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

He is an unscrupulous schemer resorting to foul-mouthed rhetoric whenever it serves his malodorous agendas; a corrupt swine of the vilest sort who should've been jailed and put out of commission decades ago; a scoundrel with no morals and even less integrity who without hesitation would walk over corpses to achieve his nefarious goals.

Yes you do, very well said and my sentiments exactly, my Mrs will be voting for FFP, as I suspect plenty of others will as well, I'm looking forward to the new dawn for Thailand.

Though not in the shadows, he is a glaring example of the shadowy less than nimble minds running the country.  They have no love for anyone but themselves.  During military rule, humble Thais have not prospered at all.   Pretty sure they are not going to vote for Prayuth unless he threatens violence.

4 hours ago, robblok said:

This is not confined to Thaivisa posters. Many people have this binary mindset e.g. Republican or Democrat, Labour or Conservative, right or left.

12 minutes ago, seahorse said:

This is not confined to Thaivisa posters. Many people have this binary mindset e.g. Republican or Democrat, Labour or Conservative, right or left.

Maybe I don't think like that because where I come from there are many political parties. Its not a two party system. But people from the US and UK have an almost 2 party system (not officially but it might as well be).

5 hours ago, robblok said:

It won't really matter who gets in, Future Forward or anyone. Corrupt or as straight as a dye. They'll always be restrained as to what they can achieve, because they'll always be looking over their shoulder. This is because as soon as they do something that the military don't like there'll be another coup. The head of the army's said as much. You can also bet that before the tanks roll in, Kun Suthep will be out there with his whistle preparing the ground.

51 minutes ago, jesimps said:

It won't really matter who gets in, Future Forward or anyone. Corrupt or as straight as a dye. They'll always be restrained as to what they can achieve, because they'll always be looking over their shoulder. This is because as soon as they do something that the military don't like there'll be another coup. The head of the army's said as much. You can also bet that before the tanks roll in, Kun Suthep will be out there with his whistle preparing the ground.

Coups only work when there is support for them. Its up to the politicians to stay clean and stay away from controversial stuff like amnesties for leaders. If Suthup cant fire up the populace no coup will happen.

Yes the army is responsible, but politicians can do their thing to make it less likely to happen by making sure they serve all of the people.. not just the group they like. 

Anyway with the Democrats not wanting the army in there really is only a (relatively) small group that want the army to stay. As long as the politicians make sure they don't do stupid stuff that group will stay small.

I know its the army, but the army won't move unless there is enough support. 

6 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

But apart from  that he's a nice bloke.

This man is a snake.

He's not wanted by the Democrats, he was also given the cold shoulder by the military.

Cut off from both sides = cut off from the gravy train.

He is now rolling the dice and hoping someone will take him on.

Archived