Video: "U-turn of Death" - another accident narrowly avoided as netizens call for better solution

webfact

2 hours ago, outsider said:

in Malaysia too and I see quite a few Thai vehicles on the roads and they are mostly very well-behaved.

....Because they are lost and trying to find their way back to Thailand....lol.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can extend the barrier all the way to the moon, these inexperienced self taught unlicenced uninsured idiots will still turn if that is in there mind set. Lets not blame them lets blame the police for being uninterested unkess there  is a personal goal , me, if i were a policeman i would stand there and stop them take the car take there licence  once that got around problem solved, it was not only an illegal turn but a dangerous turn.

5 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Can't teach stupid. Just have to wait for the next generation of drivers and hope they'll be better (less stupid).

With the current generation doing the teaching I doubt that very much!!!!

15 minutes ago, Almer said:

You can extend the barrier all the way to the moon, these inexperienced self taught unlicenced uninsured idiots will still turn if that is in there mind set. Lets not blame them lets blame the police for being uninterested unkess there  is a personal goal , me, if i were a policeman i would stand there and stop them take the car take there licence  once that got around problem solved, it was not only an illegal turn but a dangerous turn.

You've got to be joking! Do they also have police there in that northern jungle?? And what about schools?

5 hours ago, z42 said:

The stig himself would have been proud of that masterful avoidance manouvere and perfect kerbside parking combo ????

The idiot doing the u-turn should get the stig wannabe a beer definitely

The "spinup" driver should have chased after the other and beat the sh$t out of him/her!

Why? Because it may be the only way they will learn AND they will likely do it again. Not a "politically correct" action but sometime draconian actions are needed.

24 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

The "spinup" driver should have chased after the other and beat the sh$t out of him/her!

Why? Because it may be the only way they will learn AND they will likely do it again. Not a "politically correct" action but sometime draconian actions are needed.

Those video's should be forbidden, they'll go viral abroad and cost Thailand it's good reputation for being the new hub of ....uhh....airplane maintenance and high tech robot builders.

I like to watch stupidity movies on youtube (there are loads of them) and many times they were recorded in Thailand.

<deleted> !!! ... The only comment needed !!!! 

...  This is not bad Thai driving, this is just a "Bad person" !!! ... My wonder is about with the rise of wealth, the increase of Poor Uneducated Drivers on the road, including now better off Woman !!! ....  Who have never driven before ... .. (Mine tore the door of my Vios before giving up, luckily made here, plenty of replacement doors available.) .... but now can afford to get a big truck !!! .....   Hopefully most of them will be hospitalized, or arrested before they can do any Major Damage. .... 

Just a normal day in a normal Thai u-turn, there's tenths of thousands like that one.

I don't see the point of talking about THAT U-turn, just write an article about the u-turns aka the widow makers in general.

That's a real problem in this country, the authorities should permanently seal at least half of all the u-turns, that would be a good start.

You want to know the truth of it? Every driver of a 4WD pickup is as lug-headed as this DH. They think they are in a truck and it won't matter if something runs into them or they run over something/someone. The same idiot drivers of these cars are in their multitudes in Australia.

10 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Can't teach stupid. Just have to wait for the next generation of drivers and hope they'll be better (less stupid).

They "learn" from an early age, bicycles with no  lights on the wrong side of the road, progress  to scooters on the wrong  side with no  lights , progress  to cars, they learn by copying  all the mistakes from previous generations.

16 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Hahaha......Forget it! "Stupid is, stupid does" I'm 52. Been driving since I was 16. Drivers get worse and worse as the years go buy. 

Typical Thai situation where all involved are idiots. The road designers, the road works people who setup the barrier, the drivers - all contribute to the problem. It's almost impossible to point the finger at any individual as they are all part of the same Thai Borg

As long as the stupid and brainless street-planers of the City-hall of Pattaya are planing U-Turns in Pattaya, U-Turns will always be dangerous. Look how many times U-Turns un Thappraya Street have been opened and closed and a lot of tax payers money has been wasted. Just now, they created a new U-Turn upside the Rhompo Market about 3 months ago, painted the signs for the U-Turn and closed it by steel barriers. And also opside the Rhompo Market they created a pedestrian crossing and closed it by about 50 cm high ciment barriers. I invite these brainless street planers to sit once in a wheel chair an to try to cross Thappraya Road on this new pedestrian crossing. Not possible! And if you want to cross Thappraya Road in a wheel chair, it is very dangerous to use the same U-Turns which are used by cars and trucks. Make a good live insurance, before you would like to cross Thappraya Road.

Pepper 9187.  How will sealing 50% of U turns help it will mean an increase at the next U, i agree many could be closed and SOLID road furniture used to make a slip when exiting the U, in Khonkaen they have done this by the big Tesco and in general it works but it still suffers with uneducated locals who stop and block the junction, this is opposite the police training school, maybe they could spend a shift at the U explaining to drivers what the correct way to carry out the manoeuvre,  after telling them what idiots they are with a salute of course. 

On 3/13/2019 at 12:33 PM, Dmaxdan said:

How about extending the barrier so that it actually goes beyond the U-turn?  Not so far as to affect the vehicles on the opposite side doing a U-turn but far enough to make it near on impossible for cars leaving Big-C to drive directly across the highway. 

Exactly - poor road design basically. I am not sure why people are blaming the police.

On 3/14/2019 at 5:09 AM, Fex Bluse said:

Typical Thai situation where all involved are idiots. The road designers, the road works people who setup the barrier, the drivers - all contribute to the problem. It's almost impossible to point the finger at any individual as they are all part of the same Thai Borg

Agreed.

On 3/13/2019 at 3:00 PM, shady86 said:
On 3/13/2019 at 2:43 PM, outsider said:
Maybe a better idea would be to close that divider, and open up a U-turn further up/down the road?

Meanwhile, hope the brown truck driver drives into a deep ravine and is never found.

There is already a proper u turn 600m ahead. As usual, another 30 sec wasted is a big lost for most here so everyone will go for the shorter route!

They cant even travel another 10m to enter a fuel station on the correct side with a huge arrow IN➡️&⬅️OUT the one i use is very dangerous to exit from the IN as the view is restricted by a downward bend but no one seems to care they are oblivious to the danger including the staff, who never point it out,for me i would make the customer drive around the pumps to face the correct way but T I T.

On 3/13/2019 at 1:19 PM, Youlike said:

Do those people really have a driverslicense??? 

I think this is his first time behind the wheel and he survived so no need for him to learn how to drive and make a drivers license.

I am surprised how a country with motorists without any kind of driving skills don't have more accidents.

Archived