PM2.5 particulate returns to threaten nine areas of Bangkok

webfact

PM2.5 particulate returns to threaten nine areas of Bangkok

51211641_2529347147080794_89235648211698

PM2.5 dust particles have returned to Bangkok and its neighboring provinces, with nine areas found to contain levels exceeding the 50-micron standard level today, according to the latest air quality readings by the Pollution Control Department.

Blaming the poor air quality on weak low-altitude air flow, the department predicted that the situation might further deteriorate tomorrow.

The department pleaded for cooperation from members of the public by not burning anything in open areas and suspending the use of smoke emitting vehicles.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pm2-5-particulate-returns-to-threaten-nine-areas-of-bangkok/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-03-13

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Blaming the poor air quality on weak low-altitude air flow, the department predicted that the situation might further deteriorate tomorrow.

It's never gone away and is constantly added to on a daily basis but rather than deal with the root cause they blame the weather .. They just don't get it do they .. 

Once again no mention of industrial pollution. Why? Corruption. Industry pays off local authorities and government to turn a blind eye. A Thai friend showed me a little cartoon. This is about what it said. High pollution levels. China closes factories. Thailand closes schools. He also told me that many industries in my area use coal to run their furnaces as it's cheaper than gas.????

Time to get out those big water canons again and contact the rainmakers.  Not good news.  You would think it not that hard to stop villagers burning crops and forests.  Perhaps a few high profile cases may help - life with no chance of parole. 

1 hour ago, edwinchester said:

Terrible air quality the last few days here in Kanchanaburi too.

Started coughing and eyes are stinging after a short while outside.

I too have had a sore throat for 2 days and stinging eyes again. Im in central/east Bangkok. 

I get these symptoms every time the pollution levels increase

"The department pleaded for cooperation from members of the public by not burning anything in open areas and suspending the use of smoke emitting vehicles"

Thais ignore authorities when threatened with big fines and now they will cease burning and driving smokey cars because some one said please? that should work ????

And this, Ladies and Gentlemen, is the announcement of the day.

The official title of "Big Stinky" is no longer kept by Bangkok but goes - without question - to Chiang Mai which secured its name as world's stinkiest city with the most dangerous air. 

Well done - amazing what you can achieve under article 44 - dont you agree? 

Archived