Good Family Doctor in Pattaya

CangguSurfer

I posted this request last month and got no useful info.  C'mon guys, there must be at least one good family doctor in Pattaya that people think highly of. 

When I say "good family doctor" I mean one who has a science-based understanding of good health (no wacky health gurus, thank you very much LOL), and believes in PROACTIVELY guiding their patients towards healthy lifestyles, rather than just waiting for a patient to become sick and then reaching for their prescription pad.

I had a great family physician like this when I lived in the States, and I found a good one when I lived in Chiang Mai.  There's got to be a good one somewhere here in the Pattaya area.

On road to Jomtein Beach...coming from Pattaya...there is a 7/11 on the corner where one turns right to go to the beach...just past the 7/11 is a clinic run by an aging Thai doctor...US educated...speaks good English...can be trusted.

Chanya medical clinic...small...but friendly and efficient...give them a try...

You have to understand, In Pattaya there are only hand full of Drs. that operate outside of the hospitals. In the US doctors practice their in their own. Here not the case. I've learned to go to Pattaya memorial and there they have all the specialty Doctors and General practitioners. The hospitals act like the Doctors offices we are use to. The cost is very inexpensive compared to the states. I think my doctor's appt at the hospital was like 800 baht. 

Above is the case. also the case that "general practice" / "family practice" is nto a developed specialty in Thailand and those who would fall into that category seldome rmeotely approach what one finds in the West.

In particular what OP talks abouyt in terms of a wellness orientation is almost unknown here.

There are only 1-2  only "family doctor" or "GP" type doctors i can recommend in Thailand and they are in Chiang Mai and Bangkok.

1 hour ago, rjwill01 said:

You have to understand, In Pattaya there are only hand full of Drs. that operate outside of the hospitals. In the US doctors practice their in their own. Here not the case. I've learned to go to Pattaya memorial and there they have all the specialty Doctors and General practitioners. The hospitals act like the Doctors offices we are use to. The cost is very inexpensive compared to the states. I think my doctor's appt at the hospital was like 800 baht. 

I deleted the Memorial Hospital from my list because it was too expensive. On my last visit, I was charged 4800 baht for 1 consultation, 1 intravenous infusion and some pills ...

You might try Dr Mongkol, he is an associate professor of medicine he worked in the US so speaks English very well. Semi retired with his own practice now, good manner and knowledgeable.

He is in the far corner of the car park where FoodMart is located

316/19M12 Tapphraya Road

4 hours ago, Rimmer said:

You might try Dr Mongkol, he is an associate professor of medicine he worked in the US so speaks English very well. Semi retired with his own practice now, good manner and knowledgeable.

He is in the far corner of the car park where FoodMart is located

316/19M12 Tapphraya Road

But expect your bill in the range of BPH

Doesn't appear to be any, each one that was suggested has a woeful reputation on main stream media, horror stories to boot, surely there has to be one that knows what he/she is doing and is not looking for an early retirement.

OK, I guess things are different here in the Kingdom than back in the States.  Dr Mongkol sounds worth looking into so thanks for that Rimmer.  Without going into detail Olivier is just the type of doctor I am NOT looking for.

How about doctors at the Pattaya hospital.  Anyone have some positive feedback for any of them?  As I said, I'm not looking for treatment; I'm looking for a doctor that really knows how to do a check up and interpret results with proactive advice when I go for an annual physical, not just goes through the motions.  Easier said than done.  

18 minutes ago, CangguSurfer said:

OK, I guess things are different here in the Kingdom than back in the States.  Dr Mongkol sounds worth looking into so thanks for that Rimmer.  Without going into detail Olivier is just the type of doctor I am NOT looking for.

How about doctors at the Pattaya hospital.  Anyone have some positive feedback for any of them?  As I said, I'm not looking for treatment; I'm looking for a doctor that really knows how to do a check up and interpret results with proactive advice when I go for an annual physical, not just goes through the motions.  Easier said than done.  

Ask prices with Dr Mongkol before doing anything.

I found him excessively expensive in my own personal experience dealing

with him.

Archived