Would you marry your friend's ex?

SoonOh

Assuming I have had enough time to see her in the relationship with my best friend and she has proven herself to be a stable person and the relationship just came to end without acrimony I would consider dating her. Of course without my friends OK it would be a non starter. A good friend is worth a hell of a lot more than a Thai piece of fluff.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, lipflipper said:

Assuming I have had enough time to see her in the relationship with my best friend and she has proven herself to be a stable person and the relationship just came to end without acrimony I would consider dating her. Of course without my friends OK it would be a non starter. A good friend is worth a hell of a lot more than a Thai piece of fluff.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You got that right! Even though she is an ex there are probably a lot of emotions involved and no matter what is said it may well cost you a friend?

But come to think of it? I've been on both sides of this and it has worked out ok? Talking girl friends not wives. Depends on the people involved? 

On 3/15/2019 at 12:34 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I know a guy who married the widow of his deceased friend.

Everybody thought that wont work out. I think they are now more than 5 years together and seem to be happy.

I would think the OP is referring to a friend who's still alive and in his social circle.  To answer the OP, I definitely would not.

Many years ago my ex wife married my friend from work. He at first e-mailed me to ask if I would be ok with it. ( He had, at the time, left where we worked ). I said it was nothing to do with me as we were divorced.

A couple of years later he sent me an e-mail from Hong Kong asking how I managed to stop her from spending all my money.

I wrote an e-mail back saying " Easy, get her to marry someone you know"........

On 3/14/2019 at 10:39 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

If Jeff Bezos would be my friend I would definitely marry her.

$140 billion reasons

You don't need that bald head MF,  she is getting half 70 billion isn't that enough?  as long as she doesn't ask you to sign a pre-nep and if it doesn't work I would get a lump sum I'm not asking much how about 10 million for every year we are together?????????

On 3/15/2019 at 12:54 PM, jvs said:

you never can tell what crazy people do,i know some one who married his own ex!!!

My father married his ex after she bankrupted him and two other guys.  There is no fool like and old fool. Took him for his last 200k and left him again. 

Archived