Aquaponics watertank placement

carlyai

Plan A was to make some footings and place the 2000 L tank outside near the aquifer pump. Modify the passionfruit climbing steel, put up an insulated roof over the steel and slip the tank in under there.

Plan B would be to put the watertank in the 10 cm Q Con block fish tank room. As well as the insulation from the Q Con blocks, the room also has an insulated roof.

Thinking that any water I introduce into aquaponics system from the tank would be cooler water.

At the moment I'm thinking the water sump would be dug into the greenhouse floor, which means the circulating water is going to be fairly warm anyway.

Aim would be to grow Barramundi.

Does it matter?

Plan C?20190313_162230.jpeg20190313_162156.jpeg20190313_162254.jpeg

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Something to to think about, thats alot of water to be sitting stagnant unless you are using it for other purposes also and will be replenishing it continuously. I think if you kept your fish tanks inside, covered as you want to minimize any light/algae growth, then had your grow beds in your green house you would not have much water loss especially using your hydroton media and a bell siphon system for re-circulation. you could even wrap your pipes with insulation to reduce heat absorption.

Archived