American tourist attacked by armed gang after stopping robbery on Koh Phi Phi

snoop1130

16 minutes ago, Benroon said:
1 hour ago, johnnykak said:

o im an american lol. I'm from alaska and live in cambodia.  this story is weird to me. of coarse it might be real- then again it might not lol.  theres something about the girl in the story that doesn't add up. not many thais swim yet alone leave their purse on the beach unattended. was it a foreigner? i might of missed that part. she seemed to have disappeared after. the guy takes pic and no pics. i don't know, maybe its the fact he's got so many followers lol. maybe I'm a hater lol.

Maybe you’re drunk  

Maybe he's not as think as you drunk he is.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

This police advise to come next day gives the thiefs 24 hours getaway why not look for them the same night , evidence lost next day , did the girl get her purse back or did the thiefs come back for it in the bushes ? also dangerous for a girl on her own to go swimming or be on the beach on her own , where was the police protect and serve slogan ?

Is it against the law to say the police have a corruption problem?

Examples are in the news all the time.  Political parties are saying they want to stop it.  By the way what time is it!  Anyone have a watch on?

if you've never swam naked in the surf with your girlfriend and possibly more you're a dotard. Thai women know better.  Thai women are so afraid of rape in Thailand it's disgraceful.  If their house is at all isolated they lock up like fort Knox after dark.  The attitude as explained to me is no way would a Thai woman ever sun bathe alfresco even in their  own walled yard  as this is as good as a yes invitation.   Tourists need to know Koh Samui, Phucket and the area in between is mafia controlled.   All the local gals  admit this.  

9 minutes ago, hottrader77 said:

This police advise to come next day gives the thiefs 24 hours getaway why not look for them the same night , evidence lost next day , did the girl get her purse back or did the thiefs come back for it in the bushes ? also dangerous for a girl on her own to go swimming or be on the beach on her own , where was the police protect and serve slogan ?

The sign with it on had been recycled for one of Big Joke's self-serving photo-opportunities.

16 minutes ago, Elkski said:

You doubters.  And grammar police.  His English and story seem fine to me.  I think his story will have an impact on tourism.  40 k followers on Instagram and looking at had account gives him cred.   maybe I should say something like if Americans have been traveling to Thailand more the last 30 years the place would be a better place to live and safer and cleaner all you wimps. 

That will be the Problem of Thailand, not enough Americans here. They should run a Campaign for the Elections: Bring more Americans to Thailand to make Thailand cleaner and a better Place to live.

Congratulations on being a good person even though it caused you harm.   

It took guts to do what you did and I truly think the bad guys will be found and punished...unfortunately...for the most part because the tourism business for Thailand is essential.

My friend, also an American (as I am), had a similar story attempting to assist a woman who was being beaten only to have 7 Thai friends come to the assailant's assistance and beat the crap out of his car breaking his windshield trying to get to him and he luckily drove away. 

Yes I'm a stuck record - 1) Khon Thai Jai Dee 2) Thailand No.1 3) Showing anger is behaving like a monkey 4) Thailand is a no confrontational society....

There was another thread a couple of days ago about Cambodia bing more dangerous than Thailand, hmm....

Asians as a whole have a penchant for nastiness when you scratch the surface. That said, when I returned to the UK for a visit in 2007 after a 12 year absence, my brother warned me to cross the road hen I saw a group of teenagers approaching - good advice. We are both ex physical training instructors with 20+ years in the army, but the days of bravado sometimes need to be left behind if you want to see your next birthday.

13 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Typical american, getting involved to save someone or something. Kudos dude.

No! He has really let his country down by not fulfilling the Hollywood myth! They should have been ovepowered by Kung f u in seconds with 3 rendered unconscious and the 4th running away whimpering in fear.

4 hours ago, Old Croc said:

The kayak paddle could be a good indicator on where the culprits came from.

If the police were interested in  looking.

Yep, shouldn't be hard to find, 3 Inuits on Koh Phi Phi

I do usually read all of the post in a thread before I post or else I specify that but I don't always keep tabs of each person's conversation.  I think maybe the results could have been different if he went to the police station, what do you guys think?  Catching some policeman on the way to it from  his mia not isn't going to work too well 

He posted on Instagram that his story is out to some media outlets.  3 to 5 odds that big joke will show up he probably needs a vacation with his cute sidekick. 

3 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Or were they three Brits lacking in pronunciation?

Not sure what you mean on that one so I've reported you for being anti Brit and all grammar police. ????

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

Not sure what you mean on that one so I've reported you for being anti Brit and all grammar police. ????

Bit silly reporting a British man, how can he be anti Brit?

He is a bloody haggis basher.:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

4 hours ago, sahibji said:

another one in the land of smiles. another reason to avoid thailand.

People get attacked all over the world.

I am sure he is grateful they did not use knives or guns like in so many western countries

Good on him for intervening, I hope he has been given assistance by the person whose goods he protected

13 minutes ago, Spidey said:
4 hours ago, Old Croc said:

The kayak paddle could be a good indicator on where the culprits came from.

If the police were interested in  looking.

Yep, shouldn't be hard to find, 3 Inuits on Koh Phi Phi

Yes, I suppose they could head for the frozen north to look for indigenous tribal people or,  they could start a little closer to home at a place like this:

inuits.JPG

1 hour ago, Karlsson said:

That will be the Problem of Thailand, not enough Americans here. They should run a Campaign for the Elections: Bring more Americans to Thailand to make Thailand cleaner and a better Place to live.

The Russians will love that , new cold war front spurred on by vodka and meth

11 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

People get attacked all over the world.

I am sure he is grateful they did not use knives or guns like in so many western countries

Good on him for intervening, I hope he has been given assistance by the person whose goods he protected

He did post on Instagram that the original victim helped him to the hospital.   It really dies seem harmless to chase a guy off like that.  I think it's human nature to spot dubious behavior and size up a situation in matter of seconds.   I wonder if the doubters will apologise when real reporters get ahold and publish both victims accounts?  I really do think this story is going viral.  Pack your  bags joke.  

5 minutes ago, Elkski said:

He did post on Instagram that the original victim helped him to the hospital.   It really dies seem harmless to chase a guy off like that.  I think it's human nature to spot dubious behavior and size up a situation in matter of seconds.   I wonder if the doubters will apologise when real reporters get ahold and publish both victims accounts?  I really do think this story is going viral.  Pack your  bags joke.  

No they never ever come back and admit being wrong. I’ve done it before and a few others have but the same posters who always question many stories and say they are fake never come back when proven wrong. Complete wastes. Bored lonely pathetic wastes. 

1 hour ago, Karlsson said:

Well thanks for recognizing that we are a somewhat cleaner, saner, more helpful and better class of farang than some lout from Luton or sheep shearer from Trangie, not even talking about the French, Germans and Rooskies....

51 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Yes, I suppose they could head for the frozen north to look for indigenous tribal people or,  they could start a little closer to home at a place like this:

inuits.JPG

Aaaah the Alaskan summer, such a shame it is so short.

Archived