American tourist attacked by armed gang after stopping robbery on Koh Phi Phi

snoop1130

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as others have said, she who own the handbag would probably show no thanks.

and being Thai, she maybe just call him a <deleted>wit for all his effort.

so he gets a nice beating..

must constantly look over the shoulder wondering if they get him again..

then have to deal with Thai cops..

and even these thieves could lie and claim the purse belonged to their wife/famliy member... and who will the cops rather believe?

then he can even get sued for tarnish the reputation of Thailand on social media!!

in Thailand: the pay is ZERO for being a HERO

No thanks, im happy to last very long time here without trouble..

by minding my own bees-wax !!!

Maybee the american was ironic

14 hours ago, AlexRich said:

I wonder if the super helpful policeman has caught the culprits yet?

Maybe the American is super naive?

Maybee the american is ironic?

48 minutes ago, tingtongtourist said:

s others have said, she who own the handbag would probably show no thanks.

and being Thai, she maybe just call him a f*wit for all his effort.

That's very disingenuous. Knowing Thai ladies, as I do, I would say that it was a banker that he got his leg over that night.....and probably for free. Particularly if it was a fat lass, so needy, so grateful.

1 minute ago, soalbundy said:

Bald with a moustache no good? When I was a hippy we had no internet.

A la Zapata? Nope full beard, hippies and hipsters, 2 different animals. Sorry to tell you this but you're never going to be an internationally acclaimed barista.

16 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Typical american, getting involved to save someone or something. Kudos dude.

I would be right next to him if I saw the same thing, at least he can hold his head high. He's, in my book, a person I would like to have as a friend. 

You? NEVER. 

Fyi, I'm Swedish so I'm a typical Swede? 

"I explain to him what happened and he tells me to come to the station the next day at 10am to tell the police and they will look for the ones who attacked me. SUPER helpful”.

Maybe a touch of sarcasm? What's wrong with the police beginning to look for the thugs straight away, instead of having to wait until 10 am the next day?

Never trust the Thai local thugs on these islands they prey on the tourists  the very ones that help these Islands survive .These kids turn up with iPhones laptops  fancy handbags and often get robbed of all there belongings.My son was in a hostel in Phi Phi and his locker was broken into along with quite a few others it was obviously a inside job he had a good idea who did it but could not prove it they took his phone iPad camera .Silly to leave anything unattended on the beach.

2 hours ago, sambum said:

"I explain to him what happened and he tells me to come to the station the next day at 10am to tell the police and they will look for the ones who attacked me. SUPER helpful”.

Maybe a touch of sarcasm? What's wrong with the police beginning to look for the thugs straight away, instead of having to wait until 10 am the next day?

100%  sure it's sarcasm.  I don't use 110% because that's not possible.

If you are serious and have any  doubt,  is English your native language?  

I think I would be in trouble with three guys my size with sticks and a kayak paddle. If no one's been to Koh phi phi  it's a island with living housing area about the size of 8 rugby fields. So you would think if you found a motorcycle cop and were bleeding and looked injured and you had a woman at your side to verify things you would think policeman would try to help you right then. 

There have been some high profile cases of faked beatings lately.  

I am gullible or did you day all Americans are naive.    I'm newish and just a casual user of Instagram,  but I have never seen a person who replies to so many comments as this guy does.  I don't understand the monetization of Facebook or YouTube  or the like because I've never been influenced to buy any products that pop up in advertisements in any of these social media sites.   

Some of you pointed out the stupidity of returning to the scene of a crime to attack the White Knight. Can you attempt to educate me on the thainess involved in this?

Was the guy just so astounded that he was actually confronted by somebody that he had to come back and do something?  

Oh I did read on Instagram that the woman had insurance on her belongings and also there were three Israelis sitting not 20 meters away who didn't even get up off the sand. 

I'm not sure if his injuries are shown on any pictures unless you look on Instagram but either he's into BDSM or he was attacked with people with sticks or whips or ropes or something including his reported stitches and several locations he's actually lucky he didn't fall to the ground and get kicked to death. 

Archived