Computer Paper

AAArdvark

This shouldn't be difficult but I am having a hard time finding a supply of just plain A4 printer paper.  I looked at quite a few places but have had no luck.  Today I was at the Computer Plaza.  I found a couple of obscure cables that I needed and then I thought I had hit pay dirt.  One place had a stack of it and I bought two packs.  However, when I got home, I discovered the paper was Photo paper and not the plain multi-purpose kind that I needed.  It just said "high quality ink jet paper" on the packet?

Anyway, can I get a couple of suggestions on where to find this illusive product?

Time for a Walmart in CM.

15 minutes ago, elektrified said:

They even sell A4 printer paper at 7-Eleven!

Seriously......Big C, Tesco, Makro, Office Mate, Samut Lanna, and hundreds of paper shops all over the city.

Thanks.  The two 7-elevens near me do not have it.  I don't know where or what Samut Lanna is.  The others are on the other side of town which I will go to but, since I don't have transportation, I was reluctant to try one of your suggestions without having a good idea that they might have it.  Apparently there is a art and stationary store in Maya mall which I have probably walked by a dozen times thinking they were only an art store 

I just did a search and you do appear to have purchased photo paper "High Quality Ink Jet Paper is a white, coated paper that produces deep, sharp colors and text, which is ideal for everyday high- resolution color printing." It should have been much more expensive (by 5 to 10 times) than normal, all purpose paper for laser printers which I believe is what you want. Laser paper usually comes in 500 packs, about 2" thick.

I have learned to walk very carefully when out shopping because I used to trip over stacks of that paper so often.  Seriously OP, what were some of the "quite a few places" you looked for it?  Dukes? The movie theaters? Pharma Choice? PTT? Amazon Cafe?

9 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

Thanks.  The two 7-elevens near me do not have it.  I don't know where or what Samut Lanna is.  The others are on the other side of town which I will go to but, since I don't have transportation, I was reluctant to try one of your suggestions without having a good idea that they might have it.  Apparently there is a art and stationary store in Maya mall which I have probably walked by a dozen times thinking they were only an art store 

Samut Lanna is a chain of paper shops. I don't know where you live but if you live in the city, there are about 15 paper shops in Santitham alone.

Add MAYA, Central and B2S to the list as well. Seriously, they are quite literally sold on every corner.

4 hours ago, Dante99 said:

I have learned to walk very carefully when out shopping because I used to trip over stacks of that paper so often.  Seriously OP, what were some of the "quite a few places" you looked for it?  Dukes? The movie theaters? Pharma Choice? PTT? Amazon Cafe?

Sorry, I have been in Thailand all of one week.  I simply asked for some suggestions not a hard time.

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

I usually buy them in Tesco or Big C, they are quite cheap there.

Thank you for giving me a couple of simple suggestions and without the added comments others have made.

2 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

Thank you for giving me a couple of simple suggestions and without the added comments others have made.

I would have made a comment too about thinking its strange you cannot find it. Most of use have seen in countless times in the Big C, Lotus, and other big shops.

But then you posted somewhere that you had only been here for 7 days.. that explains it all.

5 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

I looked a for paper a few months ago on Neimemanhenminin Road 7/11 and tesco lotus mini no paper I could not find any there.

Go to the Airport Plaza Mall walk south thru the outside parking lot there if an OfficeMax/Depot I bought paper a printer and office chair. A young man who speaks English.  a few days later free.

Since you say you are near Maya, there is a large stationary store on Huay Kaew Rd, just next to the Shell Gas station (actually, 'Ai Sushi' is next, but the stationary store right after that. Look for full reams of paper, not small 20-page packets. I think a ream of 'Double A' costs about 125 baht.  'Double A' is the most common printer paper sold in this area.

41 minutes ago, FolkGuitar said:

Since you say you are near Maya, there is a large stationary store on Huay Kaew Rd, just next to the Shell Gas station (actually, 'Ai Sushi' is next, but the stationary store right after that. Look for full reams of paper, not small 20-page packets. I think a ream of 'Double A' costs about 125 baht.  'Double A' is the most common printer paper sold in this area.

Thanks.

Archived