Is a multi B visa still multi after the visa expiry?

No as daft as it sounds, but I need guidance!

Non Im B multi, issued in Kota Baru, expired March 12th 2019.

I went across the border & back on March 11th and thus extended it for another 90 days.

Got a stamp which expires 8th June 2019.

My question: now my visa has actually expired can I still come and go on the 90-day extension?

Effectively I have another 3 months. So can I leave the country during this 90 day period and return again during this time? Or should I now expect a 30-stamp (visa on arrival??) and have to pay the 1,900 baht for it?

Thanks in Advance.

Edited by robsamui
editing

You would need a re-entry permit to keep the remainder of your 90 day entry valid. The re-entry permit would be valid for entry up to the the 8th of June and that is date you would be stamped into the country when you enter the country.

After the visa expires (or it is stamped USED for single entry), reentry permit allows you to enter Thailand till your Admitted Until date. It does not reset your Admitted Until date when you enter Thailand with a reentry permit. I have used reentry permits with Tourist Visas more than a dozen times in the last 10 years. 

However, I have a question. I have a ME O-A visa which expires March 28, 2019 and my Admitted Until stamp is Oct 20, 2019. If I get a Reentry permit, leave and come back on March 21, 2019, do I get Admitted Until reset to March 20, 2020 (using VISA) or Oct 20, 2019 (using reentry permit)?

Edited by onera1961

22 minutes ago, robsamui said:

My question: now my visa has actually expired can I still come and go on the 90-day extension?

Yes with a re-entry permit.

Single entry = 1,000 baht.

Multiple entry = 3,800 baht.

9 hours ago, onera1961 said:

However, I have a question. I have a ME O-A visa which expires March 28, 2019 and my Admitted Until stamp is Oct 20, 2019. If I get a Reentry permit, leave and come back on March 21, 2019, do I get Admitted Until reset to March 20, 2020 (using VISA) or Oct 20, 2019 (using reentry permit)?

You do not need or want a re-entry permit if you plan on entering  before March 28th.  If you got one you would be stamped in until October 20th of this year unless you convinced the officer to not use it when you entered the country.

Enter before on or before the 28th and you will be stamped in until 2020. After that entry you would need to get a re-entry permit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You would need a re-entry permit to keep the remainder of your 90 day entry valid. The re-entry permit would be valid for entry up to the the 8th of June and that is date you would be stamped into the country when you enter the country.

Thanks ubonjoe.

Can you tell me how I get a re-entry permit? Sorry to say it's the first time I've heard of it.

Edited by robsamui

28 minutes ago, robsamui said:

Can you tell me how I get a re-entry permit? Sorry to say it's the first time I've heard of it.

You can apply for it at your local immigration office or at either airport in Bangkok on departure from the country 24 hours a day. Some other airports also will issue one.

You will need a completed TM8 form with a 4 X 6 photo attached . Download, complete and print 2 sided this Fillable TM8 re-entry permit form.pdf

You will need a copy of your passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

The fee for a single re-entry permit is 1000 baht.

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for it at your local immigration office or at either airport in Bangkok on departure from the country 24 hours a day. Some other airports also will issue one.

You will need a completed TM8 form with a 4 X 6 photo attached . Download, complete and print 2 sided this Fillable TM8 re-entry permit form.pdf

You will need a copy of your passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

The fee for a single re-entry permit is 1000 baht.

Many thanks for the detailed info