TOT Fiber Vs. 3BB Fiber WW3

Ebumbu

Hello group. I've been using a TOT Fiber to Business package (with fixed IP) for years and have been happy with it (stable and fast)(. For the last year or so, I've been getting 20-30 mbps or better download from USA and 10mbps upload to USA, testing with Testmy.net. That serves my purposes (lots of P2P and large file uploads). I don't care about Thailand speeds. 

Overnight, my international speeds dropped to literally 1mbps. So, I called TOT support. They replaced my modem and then demanded that I upgrade to a higher Fiber to Business fixed-IP package. Instead of paying 1250 baht per month, I'd need to pay 1990. But why? If the modem was broken, then why switch the plan? Sounded like a runaround to me. I agreed to try the 1990 plan and test it. 

Long story short, it sucks. I've tested using Testmy.net  and download speeds from USA are about 5mbps now, no matter which test city I choose. It's not fast for that price. The new plan is supposed to be 100/200 or so. So, I'm not even getting 10% of that internationally. They seem to want me to sign a new year contract. Nope. It's fast to Japan, Singapore, and Thailand. But, not to or from USA. 

How reliable is 3BB fiber compared to TOT? I'm hoping I can spend 1200-1600 baht a month or so and get reliable 20mbps download and 5mbps or better upload, day and night, with a stable connection. Suggestions? Is True better? AIS? I picked 3BB because I see their stores everywhere. I think TOT has lost a customer. I don't understand what happened. Sudden crash in quality. 

I have a need for international speed. Suggestions? 

Thanks. 

Same I'm on 3bb, cost 1200 thb per month for 500/500 up down

However I pay an extra 200thb per month for so called priority international bandwidth, no idea how much better it is but been with 3bb for the last 4 years and only once it went down for about 1 hour

To the USA i have a server at Equinix4 in New York and get usually about 120/100 up, hope that helps 

15 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

NYC test my net Download :: 242.9 Mbps

Holy crap! That is amazing. And what are you paying? 200 baht for priority international sounds fine! I'm reticent about paying a year up front before I can confirm speeds. Did they let you pay month to month? 

How about stability? Are they down much/ever? 

I've been struggling with TOT. I went to their office. They sent technician here. They managed to get San Francisco fast, but not anywhere else! It's a little bit comical. So, if I want to have "fast" speeds (20mbps), I have to use VPN to SF, otherwise I'm getting 5mbps. 

The highest business packages brings you nothing when there is low back bone capaticy in international connection espassaly in usenet in eu I got full speed of the package that I subribe in thailand no matter what provider I use the half of the Max possible speed I think it’s. Useless pay more for higher speed in thailand 100 MBit line tot , nice speed tests result but reality look differently

Gesendet von iPhone mit Thaivisa Connect

Would love to test 3BB 500/500 with international priority. Will go into local shop next week. TOT guy came here and it's just an ongoing struggle. He says he will talk to his network engineer in BKK. 

6 minutes ago, Ebumbu said:

Would love to test 3BB 500/500 with international priority. Will go into local shop next week. TOT guy came here and it's just an ongoing struggle. He says he will talk to his network engineer in BKK. 

First try with out the @inter package/international priority, then see if it's better with it, we just went with it initially as it was only an extra 200 thb per month, but have no idea if it's really worth it, I find it strange that they don't openly advertise it though 

images (7).jpeg

On my cheap TOT 630baht per month 50mbps plan I get download of 20.9Mbps testing on testmy.net to Dallas or 23.1 Mbps to New York. Sounds as if there is something seriously wrong with your TOT line /system. Domestically I get 76Mbps steady as a rock day after day

I'm ready to give up. How many times can I go to their office and say the same thing? They are like, "there is some problem." No kidding. They are polite. They sent 5 dudes over, and 3 stood outside. Whatever. I showed them over and over the Mytest.net results of 5mbps, but mysteriously faster to SF. I printed stuff out to show their network people "in Bangkok." 

Does this require the Mayor of Munchkinland? 

Now what? Tech wanted my Line ID. I said no and said to SMS me. No SMS response. I should have parted with Line. I use that for personal stuff, not business, but at least I could have pursued the problem. Torn between one more trip to TOT and giving up and going with local 3BB and hoping they are better. Typical TIT problem. I know it will eventually be resolved. My DTAC connection is very good, so I have backup. 

Does a farang always need to pay a year in advance with 3BB? Guess I'll find out. This speed is a joke. And not a big joke.  ????

On 3/19/2019 at 5:27 PM, kmw said:

First try with out the @inter package/international priority, then see if it's better with it, we just went with it initially as it was only an extra 200 thb per month, but have no idea if it's really worth it, I find it strange that they don't openly advertise it though 

images (7).jpeg

3BB inter is not available any more..I also recommend that you check if your Inter package is still active as you may pay extra 200 baht without any advantages

On 3/23/2019 at 8:09 PM, Stocky said:

Where do you live?

From Hat Yai with TOT Fiber2U 200/100 I get 50 - 70Mb from the US.

Tz_XwYFou.png

Phuket. I'm going to give TOT a last chance this week with last office visit. They really dropped the ball. Then I guess I'll check local 3BB offices and run speed test. I printed out the International image to show them. I don't care about 200 baht. Thanks.

Archived