PM 2.5 meter?

NorthernRyland

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, d4291797 said:

Google Banggood, but will be at least 2 weeks shipping.
Otherwise check out Lazada Thailand.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Yeah I see there on Lazada but there's lots of different price ranges. Any idea what's a good one that doesn't have lots of unless features and isn't more junk from China.

Where can I get a good PM 2.5 meter in Chiang Mai or perhaps online if need be. I want to know how bad the smoke actually is in my house. Thanks guys.

I can tell you it is very bad.

After ordering and paying for an air purifier from Powerbuy online back in January - and it was still not delivered until yesterday - I had enough of their scam and went out and bought one yesterday.

Since weeks now I woke up in the morning with my eyes swollen, burning and tearing up constantly even after using the “filter” function on the air conditioner.
After setting up the air purifier yesterday it measured 98 in the living room and 144 inside the bedroom because the window had been opened.
The unit I bought is for up to 72 m² - but this bedroom is much smaller.

Within minutes after closing the window and turning the unit on full power the value was down to 9. I kept it on all night and this morning for the first time there was no coughing or swollen, burning eyes!
Some say in these unit’s measurements are not very accurate but I could very well tell the difference when I woke up this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Download the AirVisual app for your mobile (free). It's the "front end" of lots of their hardware units in the whole world. You can buy the unit from the app (US$ 250 approx if memory serves), and your unit will then contribute to the data the free app shows. Swiss stuff, no Chinese maybe's. ????

I bought this one last year https://www.lazada.co.th/products/pm25-xiaomi-smart-air-quality-monitor-pm25-detector-pm25-xiaomi-jcy01zm-i294862517-s495810444.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.3.303348ffQbBAGp&search=1

I would like to think it reads high ???? but it appears to be very accurate :shock1:

We are in the outskirts of Udon Thani, 20k from centre and its been 140 - 221 for the past three days!

35 minutes ago, CGW said:

I bought this one last year https://www.lazada.co.th/products/pm25-xiaomi-smart-air-quality-monitor-pm25-detector-pm25-xiaomi-jcy01zm-i294862517-s495810444.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.3.303348ffQbBAGp&search=1

I would like to think it reads high ???? but it appears to be very accurate :shock1:

We are in the outskirts of Udon Thani, 20k from centre and its been 140 - 221 for the past three days!

Wow, that is almost half the price of an air purifier by the same brand (which has a detector inside as well). 

Rule of thumb is indoors is 50% less than outdoors but then Thai workmanship often leaves gaps in doors and windows, plus how often you open and close doors and windows, etc. So probably indoors will only be 30~40% better than outdoors. 

Some of the PM meters are using the wrong laser sensors and are including PM10, etc. I suggest buying one from overseas that you can trust and has a guarantee with. 

I bought a PM2.5 on Lazada but when I took it apart I found the sensor was a combined PM2.5/10

I'm not so serious about it though so didn't worry me that much plus it was cheap, 700bht. 

Invest in an air purifier but even with a purifier in a small room I can never get it lower than 60 PM2.5 ????

3 minutes ago, pogal said:

Rule of thumb is indoors is 50% less than outdoors but then Thai workmanship often leaves gaps in doors and windows, plus how often you open and close doors and windows, etc. So probably indoors will only be 30~40% better than outdoors. 

Some of the PM meters are using the wrong laser sensors and are including PM10, etc. I suggest buying one from overseas that you can trust and has a guarantee with. 

I bought a PM2.5 on Lazada but when I took it apart I found the sensor was a combined PM2.5/10

I'm not so serious about it though so didn't worry me that much plus it was cheap, 700bht. 

Invest in an air purifier but even with a purifier in a small room I can never get it lower than 60 PM2.5 ????

Maybe you need a new filter?  Have you tried putting your sensor right next to the outflow from the purifier?  Mine gets down to 12 pm2.5, & the room gets down to around 15.  20sqm 3m ceiling.

28 minutes ago, pogal said:

or maybe you have to remove the plasik from the filter first ... or your 60 are AQI ?

I got this monitor model early this year and have noted reading very much in agreement with closest monitoring station here in Bangkok and at about $26 was not expensive (but instructions in Chinese - but 2.5 is main monitor and always on with 180 second countdown).  Simple HEPA air filter Hatari gets bedroom down to or below 10 on medium fan speed (currently reading 6-7).

Edit - direct link will not work - looks like this

PM1.0 PM2.5 PM10 Formaldeyde Detector HCHO TVOC Monitor Digital Gas Analyzer Household PM 1.0 2.5 10 Air Quality Detector

I use a device called Pico. It's from south Korea and measures PM 2.5 ug/m3, PM10 ug/m3, Temperature, Humidity %, Total VOC ppb, Total CO2 ppm. Its very accurate!

Costs about $100 USD and uses the latest technology, which was developed by the Korean Institute of Technology . It attaches to your smartphone and also uses local data too, so you can compare. 

Don't buy cheap chinese ones that only measures PM2.5, you need more info then just that. Plus Made in China, should give you an indication off their quality. 

Here is their email address if your interested (공용)고객서비스센터 [email protected] 

Screenshot_20190119-223230_Pico.jpg

Another vote for Maker Space. I dropped mine out of a three storey high window, and it still works.

Previously, I bought a crappy one off Lazada that would read 40, when aqi.org was showing 140 nearby.

And with a filter in a well sealed room, I could get down to 8-12 aqi, typically.

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

I got this monitor model early this year and have noted reading very much in agreement with closest monitoring station here in Bangkok and at about $26 was not expensive (but instructions in Chinese - but 2.5 is main monitor and always on with 180 second countdown).  Simple HEPA air filter Hatari gets bedroom down to or below 10 on medium fan speed (currently reading 6-7).

Edit - direct link will not work - looks like this

PM1.0 PM2.5 PM10 Formaldeyde Detector HCHO TVOC Monitor Digital Gas Analyzer Household PM 1.0 2.5 10 Air Quality Detector

What is the name of the brand?

1 hour ago, Jimbo1964 said:

I use a device called Pico. It's from south Korea and measures PM 2.5 ug/m3, PM10 ug/m3, Temperature, Humidity %, Total VOC ppb, Total CO2 ppm. Its very accurate!

Costs about $100 USD and uses the latest technology, which was developed by the Korean Institute of Technology . It attaches to your smartphone and also uses local data too, so you can compare. 

Don't buy cheap chinese ones that only measures PM2.5, you need more info then just that. Plus Made in China, should give you an indication off their quality. 

Here is their email address if your interested (공용)고객서비스센터 [email protected] 

Screenshot_20190119-223230_Pico.jpg

Waste of money, the chinese ones are fine.  No radon gas measurement?

4 hours ago, martijn12345 said:

Wow, that is almost half the price of an air purifier by the same brand (which has a detector inside as well). 

Yes - not cheap for what you get, if I had known how high the PM2.5 was here I would have bought an air purifier instead, but never dreamed it would be as high as it is! Now i have both ????

4 hours ago, Jimbo1964 said:

You guys might also be interested in these. Also from Korea. They use Nano-Silver Technology and they turn your ac unit into an air purifier. 

All Varieties of filters.jpg

Has anyone tried these before? Sounds like the obvious solution since we already have AC units. 

Here's some cheap looking AC filters that claim PM2.5 reduction. Chinese, I don't trust it. I need the meter also to verify them. ????

https://shopee.co.th/Air-cleaning-Filter-แผ่นกรองฝุ่นแอร์-เครื่องปรับอากาศ-กันฝุ่น-Pm-2.5-i.23143041.1990596314?smtt=0.0.9

21 hours ago, genericptr said:

Has anyone tried these before? Sounds like the obvious solution since we already have AC units. 

At first glance I thought the same thing. But thinking about it, I don't think it is possible to increase filtration without affecting airflow which must be detrimental to the A/C efficiency and so consequently increase power consumption. 

So it might be an expensive solution in the long term.

Archived