BANGKOK 21 April 2019 03:11
vinniekintana

Decent AC brand for a medium-sized bedroom

Any recommendations ?        20 sq.m bedroom

2nd the Daikin Inverter! Buy from an AC shop/installer, not big box store. They really run cheaper and quieter than non inverters. All the sellers wanted me to get 18000 btu for 25 sq. mtrs. room. Very happy with the 12000 btu I bought.

Side bar/ Caveat- two non-inverter Daikins I bought 4 and 6 years ago both developed random off and on cycles last year. We thought the remote timer was set, but not. The tech from the selling shop, after much questioning from me, admitted he had seen the problem before. The solution was to remove (unsolder from a little circuit board) the manual off/on micro switch. Both units work as normal again with the switches removed. No more random on - off cycling.

One of the craziest fixes I’ve seen in all my years as a tinkerer and diy guy! Good luck with your purchase! 

Daikin and Mitsubishi are the best in my opinion.

I would only recommend inverter units.

I changed the whole house to Daikin Inverter units about 6 Months ago, absolute happy!

On 3/18/2019 at 10:15 PM, Kwarium said:

2nd the Daikin Inverter! Buy from an AC shop/installer, not big box store. They really run cheaper and quieter than non inverters. All the sellers wanted me to get 18000 btu for 25 sq. mtrs. room. Very happy with the 12000 btu I bought.

Side bar/ Caveat- two non-inverter Daikins I bought 4 and 6 years ago both developed random off and on cycles last year. We thought the remote timer was set, but not. The tech from the selling shop, after much questioning from me, admitted he had seen the problem before. The solution was to remove (unsolder from a little circuit board) the manual off/on micro switch. Both units work as normal again with the switches removed. No more random on - off cycling.

One of the craziest fixes I’ve seen in all my years as a tinkerer and diy guy! Good luck with your purchase! 

Any recomedations for AC shop in Chiang Mai?

I installed a Daikin Smile 5 8500 BTU unit in 25sm bedroom end of January and it is working fine (but like 27-28 as normal room temp so some might want larger unit for freezer temps or if have large windows).

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/daikin-super-smile-ii-5-8500-btu-i288400083-s472570628.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.5.61105211prMYG9&search=1