British man released on bail in Thailand over theft of mobile phone

webfact

WARNINGS should go around on internet how dangerous it can be in Thailand to do anything as there is always a  reason to get prosecuted.

the best don't helo anybody,  don't touch a anything to help: just do all the opposite that you have learned in western culture!!!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, manhood said:

WARNINGS should go around on internet how dangerous it can be in Thailand to do anything as there is always a  reason to get prosecuted.

the best don't helo anybody,  don't touch a anything to help: just do all the opposite that you have learned in western culture!!!

With other Words smile daily, spend money, don't drive and give a significant amount of tip - then you are pretty safe …. :thumbsup:

First you need to locate it and on Your way to do so you have left the spot where you found it so regardless it is considered as teft under Thai Law - yet another useless Law that one may assume comes into conflict With human rights ...
Why go to a police station ,there were dozens of places in the airport . He stole it

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

Why go to a police station ,there were dozens of places in the airport . He stole it

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If he picked it up from the floor then he found it unless the owner is the floor itself alternatively if the owner was sitting on the floor .. :thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, ttrd said:

If he picked it up from the floor then he found it unless the owner is the floor itself alternatively if the owner was sitting on the floor .. :thumbsup:

And if I "find" an unattended bag or suitcase (on the floor) in the airport then it's okay to take it... because "I found it" and because it was on the floor?  Honest Officer, I was just going to take it home and try to locate the owner so I could return it.

19 minutes ago, MeePeeMai said:

And if I "find" an unattended bag or suitcase (on the floor) in the airport then it's okay to take it... because "I found it" and because it was on the floor?  Honest Officer, I was just going to take it home and try to locate the owner so I could return it.

A bag or suitcase is ment for the floor - a mobile phone not - should not be that complicated to understand the difference … :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, ttrd said:

A bag or suitcase is ment for the floor - a mobile phone not - should not be that complicated to understand the difference … :thumbsup:

The only difference in my book is that the phone is easy to conceal in your pocket while the bag is not.

How bout a wallet then?  It is not meant for the floor.  If I "find" a wallet that is not mine on the floor, is it okay to pocket it and leave with it?

6 minutes ago, MeePeeMai said:

The only difference in my book is that the phone is easy to conceal in your pocket while the bag is not.

How bout a wallet then?  It is not meant for the floor.  If I "find" a wallet that is not mine on the floor, is it okay to pocket it and leave with it?

Having a little trouble with this one are we?

I'm still waiting for your answer there ttrd

23 minutes ago, ttrd said:

I guess you are going to just slip away "silently like a thief in the night" rather than answer my last question.

He is actualy a thief. The police went after him because a german woman repprted the loss of the phone. After finding him they found out he deleted the german girls information from the phone and installed the english language. 

He never had the intention to bring it to the police. 

17 hours ago, manhood said:

Do stop over reacting .

It isnt dangerous in Thailand , if you steal phones in ANY Country , you will get prosecuted if you get caught .

15 hours ago, ttrd said:

It doesnt matter where the phone was , whether it be on the floor , in someones pocket or on display in a shop , if the phone doesnt belong to you and you take it , you are stealing that phone

On 4/22/2019 at 1:18 PM, Lupatria said:

Meanwhile: HELPLESSLY HOPING

How many decades will it take until those clowns in charge in this country will get their priorities straight?

A children’s rights activist called on the authorities on Saturday to investigate the case of a father allegedly forcing his 13-year-old daughter to have sex with a drug pusher in exchange for marijuana. …residents had reported the incident to certain government agencies, but with no action being taken…

Life in the land of smiles...absolutely pathetic.

15 hours ago, MeePeeMai said:

If he thinks like a thief, then he is a thief. 

He can call himself very lucky that it didn't happen in another country where theft is taken more seriously. From an executioner: " I use a special sharp knife, not a sword. When I cut off a hand I cut it from the joint. If it is a leg the authorities specify where it is to be taken off, so I follow that."

https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Amputation_in_Islam

Has no one in Thailand heard of the presumption of innocence? To spend ten days in gaol as a presumed innocent man is odd justice isn't it? To commit a crime in civilised countries, like Thailand, one must do so with "intention" (to commit the unlawful act). No one, in a civilised country, would go to gaol for unintentionally committing a crime.

Perhaps it was because he refused to sign a document admitting guilt? Another odd facet of Thai  "justice."

Has no one in Thailand heard of the presumption of innocence? To spend ten days in gaol as a presumed innocent man is odd justice isn't it? To commit a crime in civilised countries, like Thailand, one must do so with "intention" (to commit the unlawful act). No one, in a civilised country, would go to gaol for unintentionally committing a crime.

Perhaps it was because he refused to sign a document admitting guilt? Another odd facet of Thai  "justice."

Do you think he unintentionally removed the sim card, deleted all the data and changed the language to English ??

On 4/22/2019 at 8:34 AM, Mango Bob said:

If this person was Thai, this would have never happened.  Seems like they are targetting foreigners more and more lately.

So we can expect this Thai fisherman to be arrested and imprisoned on the same charges?  

On 4/22/2019 at 10:24 AM, toenail said:

I can see myself doing the same thing

Not me, I will just ignore anything I see and never help anyone from now on.

It's the Thai way, I guess I need to embrace some Thainess ????

On 4/25/2019 at 1:54 AM, Andrew Dwyer said:

Do you think he unintentionally removed the sim card, deleted all the data and changed the language to English ??

Did he in fact remove the sim, delete data and change the language? I read the article from the OP and didn’t see that info. Did I miss it? Where are you getting it from?

Did he in fact remove the sim, delete data and change the language? I read the article from the OP and didn’t see that info. Did I miss it? Where are you getting it from?

Can’t find the link that I originally read , but here’s a similar one.

https://chiangmaione.com/phuping-police-brit-backpacker-was-lying-about-returning-the-phone-he-picked-up-3427

Of course it’s now all a question of who ( or which newspaper) do you believe but just the fact that he took the phone back to his hostel without looking for somewhere to hand it in is suspicious in itself.

Archived