Monk allegedly rapes 78 year old woman in Krabi

webfact

Monk allegedly rapes 78 year old woman in Krabi

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

1552481695594-768x432.jpg

A 78 year old woman has filed a report to police saying that she was raped by a monk near Krabi temple. Police are searching for the suspect.

Khlongtom Police in Krabi visited the temple which is 400 metres from the 78 year old woman’s home. The woman told police that the suspect was aged around 40 years old.

She told police that the monk used a knife to threaten her before raping her near the temple while she was collecting fruit. According to the woman’s report he said “thank you” after raping her and fled the scene.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/krabi/monk-allegedly-rapes-78-year-old-woman-in-krabi

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-03-14

A monk raping a 78 year old, disgusting.

Only yesterday a report of a monk raping a child, nearly every day now reports of monks raping.

Men are becoming monks as they seem to think, if i am a monk i can do whatever i want, sick bar stewards.

52 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Only yesterday a report of a monk raping a child, nearly every day now reports of monks raping.

Men are becoming monks as they seem to think, if i am a monk i can do whatever i want, sick bar stewards.

-(my observation after living in Thailand 15 years)... many Thai men will become a monk in order to escape family or financial responsibilities back home. I knew of one married fellow with 5 children thinking it was a higher honor to be a monk ( leaving his family) than staying home being with his wife and children. It had been over three years since he had seen them. Some may have been in trouble with the law before and have no other place to go. 

11 hours ago, shady86 said:

Should allow prostitute visits, they could make merit at the same time.

Rape is about exercising control over a person,not about sexual enjoyment as most people understand sex

19 hours ago, colinneil said:

been going on all around the world for years. take a look on you tube the 9th circle.

19 hours ago, toenail said:

-(my observation after living in Thailand 15 years)... many Thai men will become a monk in order to escape family or financial responsibilities back home. I knew of one married fellow with 5 children thinking it was a higher honor to be a monk ( leaving his family) than staying home being with his wife and children. It had been over three years since he had seen them. Some may have been in trouble with the law before and have no other place to go. 

Possibly he is supporting his wife and 5 children by using his monk position as an income source.

Follow the money and we'll know the answer.

When you live up here in the issan jungle surrounded by many temples you will find the ugly truth about monks.im not saying all are bad apples but at the end of the day they are Thai men.

i once picked two up and gave them a lift for 20km.my wife and here nephew sat stone cold and did not utter a word but she got me to drop them in a crowded area.when they left she went ballistic at me and said never ever do that again.they could of slit our throats and robbed us.there was me thinking I've done a good deed and give a couple of vicars from dibley a lift + 200baht.

Archived