Bangkok bank direct deposit questions

Good morning ..two questions please. went to Bangkok bank to open a direct deposit account at the main branch in Krabi. I only had a savings acct. I asked 13 people there about a direct deposit account...no one knew what I was talking about. Finally surmised that they called it a fixed account so I set up a new fixed account. question 1) is this the necessary account?

question 2) I cannot get the embassy in manila to either answer the phone or reply to my email request for the form to transfer my ss direct deposit into this "fixed account" I remember seeing a post of Ubon Joe that began..." firstly lets get the direct transfer change application" ....and then you gave a link to it. I need to set up a vpn today , but asking if you have that link to download the change application...Thanks, Jack

I am a longtime Thai resident, and I too am not clear what you  are talking about.

- my best guess is that you are going to be receiving a regular social security payment (from The Philippine government) ?

- what embassy in Manila are you referring to ?  If you will be receiving  payments from the Philippine govt., contact whatever part of the government will be issuing the payments.

- Most, if not all foreigners in Thailand who receive automatic monthly deposits have savings accounts.

I don't know if direct deposits are permitted into fixed-term accounts or not.  My guess would be not.  Some of these accounts have minimum requirements for deposits, others might require that the bankbook be provided each time. I was once told that I could not make a deposit to my fixed-term account because I was not at my home branch.

5 minutes ago, allane said:

I am a longtime Thai resident, and I too am not clear what you  are talking about.

- my best guess is that you are going to be receiving a regular social security payment (from The Philippine government) ?

- what embassy in Manila are you referring to ?  If you will be receiving  payments from the Philippine govt., contact whatever part of the government will be issuing the payments.

- Most, if not all foreigners in Thailand who receive automatic monthly deposits have savings accounts.

I don't know if direct deposits are permitted into fixed-term accounts or not.  My guess would be not.  Some of these accounts have minimum requirements for deposits, others might require that the bankbook be provided each time. I was once told that I could not make a deposit to my fixed-term account because I was not at my home branch.

I will wait until some who does know something to respond...thanks anyway...the US Embassy in manila is the one I failed to mention

Google Bangkok bank direct deposit account. 

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Other-Services/Transfers/Transferring-Into-Thailand/Transfer-money-from-US-to-Thailand-via-Bangkok-Bank-NewYork-branch

As Bangkok Bank is the only provider in Thailand offering a direct deposit services into a Thai bank account, you can ask the relevant US government agency to route your payments into your Bangkok Bank account via Bangkok Bank’s New York branch. If you reside in Thailand, you can apply for the service in person at any Bangkok Bank branch (except for micro branches).

Tell your bank to click on the link.

2 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Google Bangkok bank direct deposit account. 

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Other-Services/Transfers/Transferring-Into-Thailand/Transfer-money-from-US-to-Thailand-via-Bangkok-Bank-NewYork-branch

As Bangkok Bank is the only provider in Thailand offering a direct deposit services into a Thai bank account, you can ask the relevant US government agency to route your payments into your Bangkok Bank account via Bangkok Bank’s New York branch. If you reside in Thailand, you can apply for the service in person at any Bangkok Bank branch (except for micro branches).

Tell your bank to click on the link.

Thanks for your response...what I need is the link for the direct deposit change form from US social security. I cannot access it because it is only available through "My Account" and I have been blocked access because I cannot find my username nor my password

On 3/14/2019 at 4:33 PM, YT3k72Em said:

No, a fixed deposit account is not what you want. That is similar to what americans call Certificates of Deposit. I would assume your savings account is fine for what you want.

Yes it seems so...I have a savings account with an atm card so from what I gather I need to get rid of the atm card. Then again the Bankgkok bank website says they have a direct deposit account but the local bank here does not know of them....so much fun

3 minutes ago, bunta71 said:

Yes it seems so...I have a savings account with an atm card so from what I gather I need to get rid of the atm card. Then again the Bankgkok bank website says they have a direct deposit account but the local bank here does not know of them....so much fun

I gave you the link above and told you to have the bank employees to click on the link.  Do you want me to post it again? So much fun. 

If you opened a fixed or regular savings account it will "not" work to receive US govt payments such as social security, military retirement, VA, etc., because Bangkok Bank head office will see the incoming payment is a reoccurring US govt payment and not deposit the funds to your account...will put the funds on hold.  They will then contact you by letter/phone telling you that you must come in an open a special Direct Deposit account within approx 2 weeks or they will send the funds back.  

Have your local bank contact HQ Bangkok Bank for more info....and definitely show them their own website page talking the special Direct Deposit account.  The "bank" will complete the form...the top part that normally the individual completes and then they complete their bottom part.  They will then email/fax it to the POC at HQ Bangkok Bank who receives the forms from branches throughout the country and then sends them to the Manila SSA office.  

And when your local branch contacts HQ Bangkok Bank below is who they will need to talk to.

image.png.8b309e6f3b4923fabf7c0fca4086c4cf.png

23 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

I gave you the link above and told you to have the bank employees to click on the link.  Do you want me to post it again? So much fun. 

actually doing exactly as you suggested on Monday morning...chill

22 hours ago, Pib said:

If you opened a fixed or regular savings account it will "not" work to receive US govt payments such as social security, military retirement, VA, etc., because Bangkok Bank head office will see the incoming payment is a reoccurring US govt payment and not deposit the funds to your account...will put the funds on hold.  They will then contact you by letter/phone telling you that you must come in an open a special Direct Deposit account within approx 2 weeks or they will send the funds back.  

Have your local bank contact HQ Bangkok Bank for more info....and definitely show them their own website page talking the special Direct Deposit account.  The "bank" will complete the form...the top part that normally the individual completes and then they complete their bottom part.  They will then email/fax it to the POC at HQ Bangkok Bank who receives the forms from branches throughout the country and then sends them to the Manila SSA office.  

And when your local branch contacts HQ Bangkok Bank below is who they will need to talk to.

image.png.8b309e6f3b4923fabf7c0fca4086c4cf.png

Thanks very much. You seem to understand the conflicting info on these links in particular and the Bangkok Bank website...

• 7 months later...

Archived