Video: Drunk Korean argues with the cops after carnage in South Pattaya

webfact

Video: Drunk Korean argues with the cops after carnage in South Pattaya

6pm.jpg

Picture: Siam Chon News

A video on the Siam Chon news sight featured a South Korean restaurant owner - clearly drunk - who was arguing with officials after allegedly causing a serious accident in South Pattaya. 

It has been claimed that he was going the wrong way down the street.

One man is in a coma and two are in hospital with broken legs. 

The motorcycle they were on had "police plates".

Pol Capt Sombat Kaewmoonmuk responded with rescue services to the accident by The Rich Home at 3.30 am this morning.

At the scene was a black Ford Fiesta (Bangkok plates) with its front smashed in. 

A "red police plate" black Yamaha Filano motorcycle was destroyed and on its side. 

One man was in a coma with grievous injuries. A woman had two broken legs with the bone protruding on her right leg. 

Another man had hit his head and broken his right leg. 

Mr Park Sunghee, 50, the driver of the Fiesta was arguing with police in broken Thai at the scene.

Siam Chon said he was very drunk - a reading of 127 milligrams showed he was well over the limit. 

Motorcycle taxi rider Ranong Fansungnern, 52, said he saw two bikes proceeding along the road as normal before one drove back. 

When he next looked up the other bike that had gone straight on had been hit and there were bodies all over the road. 

Siam Chon said in their headline that the Korean - a restaurant owner - was going the wrong way down the road. 

Investigations continue. 

Source: Siam Chon news

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-14

8 minutes ago, petermik said:

Another "normal" day on the roads here I,m afraid...until they start educating folk here about safe driving/riding AND punishing harshly ALL offenders.....nothing will ever change :whistling:

or better yet enforcement... i never saw a cop in vietnam yet everyone wore helmets...

Drunk and recorded , insurance invalid , liable for all medical fees of all injured , loss of work, pain and suffering , property damage . 

I think this done for life unless he has some powerful friends or very well connected lawyer

I hate to say this but the authorities should be held in part responsible, after all they did report that going the wrong way along a road and failing to stop at a red light were only minor offences....!!!!!

"The motorcycle they were on had police plates" - Glad I am not a Korean, glad I am not a restaurant owner, glad I am not drunk, glad I am not going down the wrong way on a street. Most of all though, I am not too glad about the outcome if those are police plates! Well done that prick! go to jail go directly to jail do not pass go and do not collect 200 pounds!

drink driving should be a 12 month ban no questions. they got to start somewhere, Songkran coming up, bet ya life (sorry) we will be seeing many more photos like this, i popped in to see a rriend in Pattaya just now she said i didnt know you had a bike (had it 2 years) my answer, no, when i pop into town to have a few beers i take the baht bus, simple realy

In comparison to most countries Thailand has very little traffic regulations for motorbikes. They do what they want when they want, drive the wrong way on streets and highways, U Turns where there are no U Turns, no helmets, reckless. Until there are traffic laws imposed and enforced on the motorbikes deaths will continue to pile up. They could start by making it a very strong law that EVERY person on the motorbike must have a helmet. Its Offense 1,000 Baht fine for the person not wearing the helmet and the driver. 2nd offense 2,000 Baht fine. What goes on in Thailand on the roadways is disgraceful and the Police and government do nothing.

28 minutes ago, Formaleins said:

"The motorcycle they were on had police plates" - Glad I am not a Korean, glad I am not a restaurant owner, glad I am not drunk, glad I am not going down the wrong way on a street. Most of all though, I am not too glad about the outcome if those are police plates! Well done that prick! go to jail go directly to jail do not pass go and do not collect 200 pounds!

The bike had police plates with 1 rider n 2 pillion!!! Says a lot doesnt it?

3 hours ago, petermik said:

Another "normal" day on the roads here I,m afraid...until they start educating folk here about safe driving/riding AND punishing harshly ALL offenders.....nothing will ever change :whistling:

I am pretty sure they "educate" in Korea.... and as you just saw it did not help, enforcement is what is needed

43 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

drink driving should be a 12 month ban no questions

The only problem I have with this is that you would need a Police force to enforce the law? ????

46 minutes ago, bangkoken said:

Was the drunken Korean arrested? Was his automobile impounded? Will he be responsible for the injuries he caused?  Bet not.

He is Korean, not Thai so he is in deep shit trouble right now.  If he is rich he can probably get away with only paying a hefty fine. 

But I doubt it, he will probably get deported. 

3 hours ago, tlandtday said:

It's a hell of a lot safer in that desert than here.

Road kill, Gofundme, Russian mafia, and sin sot....a daily occurrence in Thailand. Life in the Thunder dome.  Nothing new.  Tomorrow, and everyday after that, it will repeat like a negative feedback loop.  Welcome to the jungle! Enjoy your lovely stay in LOS.

From video footage, it appears that the road has traffic going in both directions. Rather than the Korean driving the wrong way down a one way road, he was driving in the wrong lane of a two way road (i.e., he was on the right side, when he should have been on the left side). 

In Korea, they drive, on the right side, and, being drunk, he may have not realized it, at the time.

Archived