BANGKOK
webfact

Video: Drunk Korean argues with the cops after carnage in South Pattaya

Was the drunken Korean arrested? Was his automobile impounded? Will he be responsible for the injuries he caused?  Bet not.

3 hours ago, petermik said:

Another "normal" day on the roads here I,m afraid...until they start educating folk here about safe driving/riding AND punishing harshly ALL offenders.....nothing will ever change :whistling:

I am pretty sure they "educate" in Korea.... and as you just saw it did not help, enforcement is what is needed

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, tlandtday said:

or better yet enforcement... i never saw a cop in vietnam yet everyone wore helmets...

What about drunk drivers?

Edited by Vacuum

43 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

drink driving should be a 12 month ban no questions

The only problem I have with this is that you would need a Police force to enforce the law? 🤔

What is the legal mg limit for alcohol or about how many beers/wine etc.?

or better yet enforcement... i never saw a cop in vietnam yet everyone wore helmets...

I think over there they seize you bike if you ride with no helmet. 

Like how the Thai has to say This  Thailand why you do this? not your country (in thai).

More fn racism. Why the road toll, careless burning pollution and so on i ask the Thais? Kill your own country and pollute everyone elses. Idiots!

46 minutes ago, bangkoken said:

Was the drunken Korean arrested? Was his automobile impounded? Will he be responsible for the injuries he caused?  Bet not.

He is Korean, not Thai so he is in deep shit trouble right now.  If he is rich he can probably get away with only paying a hefty fine. 

But I doubt it, he will probably get deported. 

It's a hell of a lot safer in that desert than here.

Road kill, Gofundme, Russian mafia, and sin sot....a daily occurrence in Thailand. Life in the Thunder dome.  Nothing new.  Tomorrow, and everyday after that, it will repeat like a negative feedback loop.  Welcome to the jungle! Enjoy your lovely stay in LOS.

Sadly for the Korean his family doesn't own Red Bull...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tlandtday said:

Same same Phillipines,you won't see anyone on bikes without helmets,including the pillion passenger

From video footage, it appears that the road has traffic going in both directions. Rather than the Korean driving the wrong way down a one way road, he was driving in the wrong lane of a two way road (i.e., he was on the right side, when he should have been on the left side). 

In Korea, they drive, on the right side, and, being drunk, he may have not realized it, at the time.