the usual...

car:

- driving wrong way

- driver very drunk

- possibly speeding

motorcycle:

- 3 people riding

- no helmets

- possibly drunk (nobody checked alcohol level on the "police plates" riders? lol)

- possibly speeding

1 hour ago, CGW said:

The only problem I have with this is that you would need a Police force to enforce the law? ????

Well, they get paid anyway so why bother working. My brother-in-law is a fairly senior policeman and I asked my wife what he actually does. She had no idea.

3 hours ago, Formaleins said:

"The motorcycle they were on had police plates" - Glad I am not a Korean, glad I am not a restaurant owner, glad I am not drunk, glad I am not going down the wrong way on a street. Most of all though, I am not too glad about the outcome if those are police plates! Well done that prick! go to jail go directly to jail do not pass go and do not collect 200 pounds!

I hate to bring this up again. But killing a cop in a traffic accident means nothing if one is well connected. Right, Boss? However, I suppose some random kimchi slinger is not anywhere as well connected as an heir to the Red Bull fortune.

5 hours ago, tlandtday said:

or better yet enforcement... i never saw a cop in vietnam yet everyone wore helmets...

Helmet and seatbelts saves lives, but they should not prioritize that, they should prioritize drunk/drug driving, reckless driving and driving of red light. Seatbelts saves life, but it’s better to focus on the real problems.

i couldn’t care less if people don’t wear seatbelts or helmets that’s their own problem.

6 hours ago, mercman24 said:

drink driving should be a 12 month ban no questions. they got to start somewhere, Songkran coming up, bet ya life (sorry) we will be seeing many more photos like this, i popped in to see a rriend in Pattaya just now she said i didnt know you had a bike (had it 2 years) my answer, no, when i pop into town to have a few beers i take the baht bus, simple realy

would be much more effective to simply fine and hold the vehicle for a month...

9 hours ago, petermik said:

Another "normal" day on the roads here I,m afraid...until they start educating folk here about safe driving/riding AND punishing harshly ALL offenders.....nothing will ever change :whistling:

Splendid idea ????

However who should teach and educate them???? ????

Fools teaching fool's, ????????????????

3 minutes ago, Kim J said:

Yes it should, but given a significant proportion of Thai's drive unlicenced, and most tourists are only here for short spells, how would that be enforced? The only way to stop them is to take away their vehicles.

yeah and what are the odds of the bib actually catching someone who has his license revoked probably no money in that anyway... i constantly see people turning around before road blocks with no penalty...

13 hours ago, tlandtday said:

or better yet enforcement... i never saw a cop in vietnam yet everyone wore helmets...

I made the same comment when I was in Saigon...never really saw a cop. People did for the most part wear helmets.

In Hanoi however...there were cops everywhere, and the majority of the people didn't wear helmets, so go figure.

I inadvertently seen some of the pictures of the aftermath of this crash. Some absolutely horrific broken leg injuries. 

This drunk ass Korean has the audacity to be there complaining!? 

Lock him up for a long stretch to quell his arrogance. 

The reality is a payoff for the injured and the cops which will be insignificant to them and him. 

On 3/14/2019 at 11:05 AM, webfact said:

Pol Capt Sombat Kaewmoonmuk responded with rescue services to the accident by The Rich Home at 3.30 am this morning.

Pattaya plod don't work during the hours of darkness in case they meet bad men - false news.

On 3/14/2019 at 11:34 AM, tlandtday said:

It is in the Thai DNA to be sloppy and not follow rules because to them, rules are for others to comply. Vietnamese are studious and hard working . It shows in their work ethics. That is why as an ethnic group, they are one of the more promising country to fare well in the future. Thailand was lucky it got a head start with the advent of the Vietnam war. Also having easy going ladies help in the tourism industry. 

On 3/14/2019 at 2:00 PM, mercman24 said:

drink driving should be a 12 month ban no questions. they got to start somewhere, Songkran coming up, bet ya life (sorry) we will be seeing many more photos like this, i popped in to see a rriend in Pattaya just now she said i didnt know you had a bike (had it 2 years) my answer, no, when i pop into town to have a few beers i take the baht bus, simple realy

taking baht bus will mean that you will get soaked...but better than being caught by the B I B for drink driving !!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived