I not make 12 months income for retire extension, options?

Hi

So I have a question regards the 65.000b per income. I will do an extension 1 October but I can't start

to bring in 65,000 per month until 1 April so that gives me only 6 months proof. So I assume

I am done in Thailand or is there any option to mix money with income or would it be enough this first time as new rules

started 1 March?

The second question I read in some other post regards also show some proof where the money comes from, as its an offshore

company not sure how I can prove anything more than a letter from my self as the owner that I paid my self lol, not think that

will work. If someone wonders how I lived here is I use  ATM cards from offshore accounts to take out cash when I need.

One idea I have wich not so good and not sure work is leave Thailand on 1 October, try to get a double entry tourist visa

plus maybe second one so that will give me time to get 12 months income and start the process over again. Any advice

is appreciated. Thanks

Edited by INV

The new rules for proof of income went into effect in December when an amendment was issued. It allows proof of 65k baht going into your account or proof of income from your embassy it you are from a country that still issue them.

March 1st was for the 800k baht in the bank and or combination of income and money in the bank.

The head of immigration sent out a memorandum instructing offices to be lenient and flexible for the proof of income this year.

They should accept 6 months of the 65k baht being transferred into your account when you apply for your extension. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, INV said:

I am Swedish and sure my embassy won't verify anything that's

from offshore sources or any other income for that matter.

I think you are correct but I suggest you contact them about it. If the answer is no then get it in writing from them. There have already been reports of immigration refusing the money going into the bank for a person whose embassy still issued them.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think you are correct but I suggest you contact them about it. If the answer is no then get it in writing from them. There have already been reports of immigration refusing the money going into the bank for a person whose embassy still issued them.

ok great idea, thanks

On 3/14/2019 at 11:47 AM, ubonjoe said:

The new rules for proof of income went into effect in December when an amendment was issued. It allows proof of 65k baht going into your account or proof of income from your embassy it you are from a country that still issue them.

March 1st was for the 800k baht in the bank and or combination of income and money in the bank.

The head of immigration sent out a memorandum instructing offices to be lenient and flexible for the proof of income this year.

They should accept 6 months of the 65k baht being transferred into your account when you apply for your extension. 

I thought I remembered reading that in the new immigration rules for the first year during the transition period away from the income affidavits.  Although that doesn’t apply to me because I do my next extension in around January 2020 and by then I’ll have a full 12 months of monthly wire transfers into my Thai bank account.  The timing worked out perfectly for me I was just lucky.

Even if Immigration did give the OP a hard time about not having the full 12 months of monthly wire transfers that doesn’t mean you’re “done in Thailand” worst case scenario you would just leave the country, go to a Thai Embassy abroad, get a NEW VISA, and then just simply return to Thailand in a few days with your new visa. But you shouldn’t even have to do that that’s just worst case scenario.  

Ubonjoe is almost always right about these things and I’m sure you’ll have no problems getting your extension.  Trust me Joe has given me lots of advice over the years and he has been right 99.9% of the time.  

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That’s another one of many reasons why I’m now glad that our Embassy stopped issuing them.  I was very worried about it in the beginning but now that I understand the new monthly income verification rules for our annual extensions now I’m actually happy about it.  I actually like the new rules but not everyone else does it just depends on your personal situation.  I’m sure next year after the transition period things will seem a lot easier for most people.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/14/2019 at 12:51 PM, INV said:

Hi, no I can't get 800k and no way I can look them for 5 months even if I could, I wish but not an option, thanks

Ubonjoe, thanks so I hope 6 months will be enough. I am Swedish and sure my embassy won't verify anything that's

from offshore sources or any other income for that matter. I think best is to go a month before extension time and talk to

someone higher up to get confirmed so I do not stand there 1 October and they say no, I need time to pack ????

Thanks guys

Why pack? If IO office disallow your applicaton then use an agent for your next extension. The following year when you have the 800000 baht then use the income method.

5 hours ago, Shifty said:

Why pack? If IO office disallow your applicaton then use an agent for your next extension. The following year when you have the 800000 baht then use the income method.

The more sane route might be to use an agent ANYWAY. The IO is making money from the agents, so there is little reason for them to deny you and you don't pay the agent unless you get an extension. I can't save 800 thousand baht living in Vietnam for a year. There are expenses that have to be taken out of my pension income.  More unreasonable regulation from the Land of Razor-Toothed Smiles.  TR travel on Soi Buakhao promises an extension for 13 thousand baht. Sounds like the best route to go if I want to be sure. Otherwise I am looking at uprooting my entire life.

I would use an agent as long it's still available instead of relocating to Vietnam . When the agents are out of business it's time to move. 

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, atyclb said:

to op;

backup plan apply online for 1 year vietnam visa. fair and easy. mine was approved within hours. you get emailed the approval letter that you show upon viet arrival and they issue visa. io's have never been difficult in vietnam. a breath of fresh air from what is becoming and worsening thai full of themselves.

i had a day in hell at immigration even though i got the extension.  root canals are preferable. 

ps; i have wealthy friends that simply got fed up with the hassles and bs and now live in vietnam and are very happy.

Sounds good, I been doing research and it looks not bad at all so that is the backup plan. Did you do this recently? I mean get the 1-year visa? Can you PM me the name of the agent if you don't mind.

9 hours ago, INV said:

Sounds good, I been doing research and it looks not bad at all so that is the backup plan. Did you do this recently? I mean get the 1-year visa? Can you PM me the name of the agent if you don't mind.

there is also a business 1 year visa that agents do meaning no 90 day visa runs. costs 4-500 usd but you save money not doing visa runs. i like getting away so visa runs are ok

• Like 1

On 3/14/2019 at 1:27 PM, ubonjoe said:

There have already been reports of immigration refusing the money going into the bank for a person whose embassy still issued them.

Geez, what a goat rope. 74 embassies still issue income letters; but many have heard the lecture from Thai Immigration about authenticity, so presumably some have tightened up, allowing maybe only Government Pension support documentation -- original documents only (like Switzerland). So, now, some folks from these 74 countries, who previously got by with support documentation no longer accepted, are in limbo. What a zoo.

Thus, expect money in a Thai bank, periodically or lump sum, to be the rule for all expats. How else can the Catch-22 of the above paragraph be dealt with...........?

On 3/14/2019 at 11:13 AM, INV said:

So I have a question regards the 65.000b per income. I will do an extension 1 October but I can't start

to bring in 65,000 per month until 1 April so that gives me only 6 months proof. So I assume

I am done in Thailand or is there any option to mix money with income or would it be enough this first time as new rules

started 1 March?

That depends entirely on the office you use.  Some are demanding to see 12 mo of transfers for applications today.  Others are only asking for 2 or 3 months of transfer-proof.  Some are asking for secondary documentation of where the income derives (pension letters, etc) and others are not. 

The fakers (money rotators) will undoubtedly fake pension/benefit letters, since no organization in a foreign country will be answering questions from Thai immigration - so no way to trace them.  As usual, the "rules" are only designed to make problems for Honest applicants (who pay "retail price" for their extensions).

A backup-plan might be to get a Non-O-ME Visa based on retirement from a Thai consulate in Penang or Savannaket.  Based on recent reports, you could show the income being deposited into your passport-country and/or Thai account, and it would be acceptable to them.  

Even a couple extended TR Visas would get you from 6-mo "foreign transfers" to 12-months - but you might still have to deal with the "show where it comes from" issue.  You could try showing income accruing into a foreign account from your business-activities, and see if they will accept that.

As to the "agent" option:

20 hours ago, KhunFred said:

The more sane route might be to use an agent ANYWAY. The IO is making money from the agents, so there is little reason for them to deny you and you don't pay the agent unless you get an extension. ... TR travel on Soi Buakhao promises an extension for 13 thousand baht. Sounds like the best route to go if I want to be sure. Otherwise I am looking at uprooting my entire life.

That's the older pricing.  A recent report from the Pattaya area indicated 18K or higher for the initial extension, plus 500 Baht for the agent to do the "90-day money report" required at that office. 

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1089037-retirement-visa-refused-in-chiang-mai/?do=findComment&comment=13933265

(continues detail in a later comment)

Another report from Udon Thanni was 39K for the full-package. 

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1089037-retirement-visa-refused-in-chiang-mai/?do=findComment&comment=13931110

I would guess Bangkok will be in the 30K range (up 5K from last year), but have not seen a report to confirm, so might be higher.

Edited by JackThompson

On 3/15/2019 at 3:42 PM, Shifty said:

Naaaagh ........... I am liking the Vietnam option.